TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFL Discussion Forumtable: 2007

Power hungry Roger Goodell suspends QB coach "Whiskey" Wade Wilson for five games.

More proof that the WWE is the canary in the mineshaft...

The fucking *WWE* is suspending people publicly, for God's sake, so you have to know that the Feds have actionable info on all kinds of MLB, NFL, and NBA players off of that Internet pharmacy bust.

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

Are the Chargers wearing powder blue in week 1? I hope the Bears go with the cool white-on-white again this year.

Aw rats. I know they have a new powder blue, but I guess that's an alternate for now.

Guest Vitamin X

Their new uniforms are still pretty awesome, though. Their new helmets are exactly like the powder blue uni ones, but without the numbers on them.

32514_450w380h.jpgnewchargersuniforms.jpg

The Chargers announced that they are going to be wearing their white jerseys. It is going to be a hot day in San Diego and I don't think they want to wear a dark color that day.

Actually, I was just in it for the aesthetics, but hey, now that you mention it, even better. I don't believe that uniforms, red, white, black, blue, or otherwise, have a modicum of impact on performance, though. If you're running around in body armor when it's 90 degrees and humid in Miami, wearing white instead of aquamarine is probably the least of your worries. It's all superstition, and usually a stupid one.

Anyone else seen that NFL Sunday Ticket commercial with the Mannings and Matt Leinart?

Best one so Far...Archie's " I always wanted a lefty" was just gold

Predictions:

AFC

West: Denver

South: Indy

East: New England

North: Cincinnati

Wild Card: Jacksonville

Wild Card: San Diego

NFC

West: Seattle

South: New Orleans

East: Philadelphia

North: Chicago

Wild Card: San Francisco

Wild Card: Green Bay

Teams I like more than anyone else: Oakland, Houston, Buffalo, Washington, Green Bay, Atlanta

Teams I don't like as much: San Diego, NY Jets, St. Louis, New Orleans, Kansas City

Predictions:

AFC

West: Denver

South: Indy

East: New England

North: Cincinnati

Wild Card: Jacksonville

Wild Card: San Diego

NFC

West: Seattle

South: New Orleans

East: Philadelphia

North: Chicago

Wild Card: San Francisco

Wild Card: Green Bay

Teams I like more than anyone else: Oakland, Houston, Buffalo, Washington, Green Bay, Atlanta

Teams I don't like as much: San Diego, NY Jets, St. Louis, New Orleans, Kansas City

I actually agree with these predictions. By the way cheech, I'm a sorta Raiders fan (not as big as being a Bears fan, and their shittiness has left me nothing much to say, but yeah).

I just don't think that Oakland will be that bad. I don't see them making the playoffs, but I see a lot of 2-14 and 3-13 predictions in the media. It's hard to expect a team to be that bad. The defense was good last year and they should be even better this time around with a year to gel togehter. The coach, inexperience aside, is at least competent now and as long as the offense isn't the walking nightmare that it was, they should be able to put together 6-8 wins. The schedule is really easy.

Well I meant a few years lately, not this season. I think Oakland will surprise people, but they are going to start McCown as the quarterback, so I don't know. I think Daunte Culpepper is the better option, though I guess Kiffin can't risk Culpepper tearing his knee in Week 1 and then alternating between McCown and Walter. I also just hope Russell gets signed sooner than later. He was reported to having bought a house in Oakland, so you would think he'd sign.

Well I meant a few years lately, not this season. I think Oakland will surprise people, but they are going to start McCown as the quarterback, so I don't know. I think Daunte Culpepper is the better option, though I guess Kiffin can't risk Culpepper tearing his knee in Week 1 and then alternating between McCown and Walter. I also just hope Russell gets signed sooner than later. He was reported to having bought a house in Oakland, so you would think he'd sign.

Russell wants to play and supposedly thinks there's progress in the talks.

The question is whether the problem is in Oakland (old bastard Al Davis being cheap) or in his representation (they've never done a 1st overall pick contract before).

Russell wants to play and supposedly thinks there's progress in the talks.

His solution is to hold out and completely miss his chance to win the starting job? Brilliant!

1. Would YOU want the starting job with the Raiders' current O-line?

2. If you were the #1 overall pick, would you walk in and tell your agents "roll over and take whatever is offered" or let them do their job?

Well I can't say what I'd REALLY do, since I don't have the luxury of being in the situation, but if the team is not budging after half the month, I'd relent. And hell yeah, I'd want to be a Raider. Just for the mystique of the team. Sure, I'd get sacked a lot, but they have the weapons to make it work.

Well I can't say what I'd REALLY do, since I don't have the luxury of being in the situation, but if the team is not budging after half the month, I'd relent. And hell yeah, I'd want to be a Raider. Just for the mystique of the team. Sure, I'd get sacked a lot, but they have the weapons to make it work.

The problem with that is that the representatives don't want to have all the other agents telling potential clients "These guys screwed us all by having the #1 pick sign a sub-par deal. Don't sign with them."

This kind of crap happened earlier this year when Brady Quinn's contract wasn't signed, as the agent wanted to break the slotting process for Quinn and the team didn't want to blink.

If Russell wants to take what's on the table, or try to work something out on his own, he may want to dismiss his current agents and negotiate the deal himself.