TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Copper Feel

What do you completely and utterly suck at?

Um...baseball?

Thats about it I guess. I have never really been good at oil painting.

Oh, and while I can really really draw well, I can't draw a straight line. Not even with a ruler.

And I was never particularly good at doing architecture work in 3D or drawing it, mostly because of the can't draw a straight line thing.

And I spell phonetically alot of the times mostly because I have never given a shit about how things are actually spelled.

So nobody here knows how to fix a door, or draw one up right?

No, were all too busy listing things we can't do on a wrestling forum.

That's a door?

Put me down for the looking at people in public. I'm pretty boisterous around people I know, which is remarkable considering how shy I am at first. Interestingly, I'm really good at a smile and greeting when at Wal*Mart, however. Three-metre rule.

I'm also not very photogenic unless I'm drunk. I have a rough time forcing a smile sober.

Sports. Hated them as a child. I can throw/catch a frisbee, but beyond that, it gets really, really sad.

Directions. I've only ever lived in one place my entire life. This place is just on the outskirts of a city. I *still* get lost when driving through said city.

Being sociable.

Being sociable.

I don't leave my house very often, and see very little need for multiple friendships. The problem goes beyond that though: a lot of people seem to find me interesting when they first meet me, but I drive them away by paying virtually no attention whatsoever to them in return.

Guest WhollyChao

Counting. Dyscalculia and all.

Also, anything involving balance.

Reading post's while I'm sleepy, I tend to insult everyone who's post I read because I tend to misread it.

More like writing posts, all the time.

Reading post's while I'm sleepy, I tend to insult everyone who's post I read because I tend to misread it.

Your father should have beat you more as a child.

Your father should have beat you more as a child.

InsultMaster.jpg InsultMaster.jpg InsultMaster.jpg InsultMaster.jpg InsultMaster.jpg InsultMaster.jpg InsultMaster.jpg InsultMaster.jpg InsultMaster.jpg InsultMaster.jpg InsultMaster.jpg InsultMaster.jpg InsultMaster.jpg InsultMaster.jpgInsultMaster.jpg

Drawing.

Holding a conversation when it's just me and one other person.

Following directions/maps.

Dancing.

Catching things that aren't round. My boss always throws things at me.

Holding in my farts.

Cleaning smudges off glass.

- Man stuff like car knowledge

- Patience

- Math (I've taken three different levels of remedial math in college and have still yet to pass the third one which allows me to take the one that actually counts)

- Directions (I've lived in the area my entire life and still couldn't tell you where most of the lesser-known streets are or the fastest routes to get around town)

- Short-term memory

There are plenty more, but those are the ones that have probably affected me the most.

I actually wish I'd spent more time with my old man learning about "manly" tasks when I was a kid instead of sitting in doors all day playing Street Fighter or completing Streets of Rage for the 1000th time.

I'll be the first to say that I actually am good at drawing. I used to draw all the time.

I can't dance worth a damn, whatsoever. Yet I got an A in a dance class I took my freshman year of college. Although it wasn't any kind of dancing that would, you know, help get me laid and stuff.

I am THE world's worst basketball player. Without a doubt in my mind, the absolute worst on Earth.

There's more. But I am so awful at basketball that it outshines everything and anything else that I suck at, or may suck at in the future.

I have terrible handwriting

I'm not a very good conversationalist

I'm terrible at 99% of sports (and the 1% I'm not terrible at are sports that don't really matter like Pickle Ball)

Detailed drawing. I can do cartoony stuff, even semi-detailed to a degree, but I absolutely suck at trying to make something look realistic.

Running. I feel too awkward when running, and since I walk pretty fast anyway, I just do a quick jog or walk fast to where I need to "run" to.

Keeping rhythm. I really, REALLY suck at it. Which is odd because I'm actually a decent guitarist. Either that or my friends (the bulk of which are damned fine musicians, some even Berklee students) are lying to me.

Talking. I mumble a lot, which I'm partially blaming on formerly being tongue-tied. The little skin-thing under your tongue is supposed to be very small and end a little behind the halfway point at your tongue. Until I was 10, it ended at the tip of my tongue. So I learned to speak not being able to fully move my tongue, so now I trip over it all the time. That and the fact that I often think too quickly about what I'm saying to properly say them, and yeah.

Getting shit done. I'd much rather sit down and play guitar or watch a movie or surf the net than do work that needs to be done, or even finish shit I've started. I have quite a few ideas or screenplays, short stories, novels, etc., and I've always been told I'm a good writer, it's just I never actually finish what I start.

Remembering street names. If you expect me to tell you street names on the way to somewhere... I can't do it 9 out of 10 times. Like I know where to go, and then I'll remember the actual street and everything right before I pass it, or turn on it.

Tolerating minorities.

Haha, just kidding. Seriously, though...

- Pretty much any sports. I used to be OK at golf and bowling, but I haven't played either seriously in years. I don't golf now mainly because I don't have that much disposable income, and I tended to get frustrated if I wasn't doing well. What's the point of spending money on an afternoon if it's just going to make you mad?

- Any fix-it tasks other than the really basic stuff. Any time I put something on the wall, it ends up falling off or something, regardless of what anchor or whatever I use. I also know nothing about cars (my dad doesn't either, and my high school didn't offer any shop or mechanic classes).

- Paying attention to my wife. I'm sorry, but her stories are pretty long and boring. It's usually when the TV or something is on that I can't focus on her.

Guest Vitamin X
Is it just me or has everyone here been told they're a good writer? I'm not trying to single you out, but to me it seems like everyone has been told that they have writing potential here and is one break away from the big time.

Yeah, but I was actually published in middle school/early high school, some essays I wrote for some kind of collection. And considering I've gone over into screenwriting in college, and have subsequently rocked all my writing classes and whatnot, I think it's been validated.

Hell, I can say that that's my one really great skill. I'm a natural storyteller.

- Paying attention to my wife. I'm sorry, but her stories are pretty long and boring. It's usually when the TV or something is on that I can't focus on her.

I'm the same way with the elderly. I can't listen to 99% of geriatrics speak for more than two minutes before I desperately try to find a way to end the conversation.

Guest Vitamin X

I hate hearing the elderly speak about their present day lives, but since all my family can tell me about is how times were in Cuba (or Spain, when it came to my two grandfathers) before the 80's, I like to hear older Americans show me pictures and talk about the times in this country.

But honestly, I feel very much like I'm going to grow up to be Alan Arkin's character in Little Miss Sunshine. I think that once you reach a certain age, you have nothing really going for you except just keeping yourself alive, so you should just feel free to indulge in as many hallucinogens and mind altering substances as you please. "Fuck it, I'm old."

Is it just me or has everyone here been told they're a good writer? I'm not trying to single you out, but to me it seems like everyone has been told that they have writing potential here and is one break away from the big time.

Yeah, but I was actually published in middle school/early high school, some essays I wrote for some kind of collection. And considering I've gone over into screenwriting in college, and have subsequently rocked all my writing classes and whatnot, I think it's been validated.

Hell, I can say that that's my one really great skill. I'm a natural storyteller.

I don't think that changes anything. Attending a class and doing well is not necessarily a huge accomplishment. I'm talking about actually finishing a novella or screenplay and getting it picked up. While it's nice that your ability is validated, and I'm not trying to pick on you specifically, at the end output is what matters.

My point was not that people here are misled to believe that they're good writers, but that no one ever seems to make something of it. Admittedly though, most of us are young and have a long life ahead of us (hopefully) to get something done.

I know where Paragon's coming from. I wouldn't say it's exclusive to people around here, though. I've read a lot of crap from people who label themselves good/great writers. Getting a break in writing is tough even when your work warrants it, but it's not difficult to see why so many people never pan out in the profession.

I'd the say 'net becoming such a universal thing has led many to overvalue their abilities as a writer.

I know where Paragon's coming from. I wouldn't say it's exclusive to people around here, though. I've read a lot of crap from people who label themselves good/great writers. Getting a break in writing is tough even when your work warrants it, but it's not difficult to see why so many people never pan out in the profession.

I'd the say 'net becoming such a universal thing has led many to overvalue their abilities as a writer.

That post was sooooo fucking good. You should get it published.