TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RepoMan

OaO ECW on Sci-Fi 8/21

Stevie Richards vs Kevin Thorn at Summerslam? Is the world ending?

Was that actually confirmed? I didn't think they actually specified Summerslam.

I don't know, I haven't watched the show yet but someone earlier mentioned it, so I assumed it was actually booked.

In that case, I think the poster above was just speculating. There's no way.

Stevie Richards vs Kevin Thorn at Summerslam? Is the world ending?

Was that actually confirmed? I didn't think they actually specified Summerslam.

I don't know, I haven't watched the show yet but someone earlier mentioned it, so I assumed it was actually booked.

In that case, I think the poster above was just speculating. There's no way.

DAMN!

So I'm curious on a few things.

1. Does anyone want Morrison to stay champ? I know a LOT of people want Punk to win but I'm really digging their feud and Morrison as a champion. I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't mind Morrison keeping the title just a wee bit past Summerslam.

2. If WWE was still doing the single brand ppvs, would you buy a ECW ppv with how it's going today or no?

if they had a bigger roster, I would.

Or if the price were cheaper to compensate for the smaller roster, but that would never, ever happen :(

What would an ECW PPV right now consist of?

Morrison/Punk

Big Daddy V/Boogeyman

Richards/Thorn

Miz/Balls

Thats what they've built up which is actually impressive considering its only a 1 hour show and its still more solid fueds than whats going on RAW right now. Assume that Burke and Dreamer would probably get a match since they are effectively the only other two guys left on the roster still active, probably a #1 contender match or something.

I might watch that for free but ha if you think anyones gonna pay for that.

As far as Morrison staying as champ..Im bleh on it..I mean..they might as well let the guy go with it for a while and see where it goes. Punk will get shots at titles on RAW/SD in the future that would mean more anyway in the long run. They might just be able to turn "Johnny Nitro" into something on ECW after an extended title run on ECW and port him over to SD (hopefully!) like they're doing with others.

So I'm curious on a few things.

1. Does anyone want Morrison to stay champ? I know a LOT of people want Punk to win but I'm really digging their feud and Morrison as a champion. I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't mind Morrison keeping the title just a wee bit past Summerslam.

2. If WWE was still doing the single brand ppvs, would you buy a ECW ppv with how it's going today or no?

1. No, he is still coming off unsure of himself and forced in that role a bit, borderline bland, and he needs to lose the belt and the company needs to work on developing this character a bit more to stand out to the level they want him to stand out. Without the pressure of him as champ, he will probably do alright with it post-SS.

2. They aren't there yet but its getting there. Within 6 months, if they keep going in the direction they are, maybe bring in a handful of newbies, we might have something here worth building ratings and having more than one ECW match on multi-brand ppvs. We might as well forget the idea that ECW will ever have their own ppv again, though. The company is just past this idea at this point for any of the brands. And no matter how good we would think the booking would be on this show, ECW is always going to be third string.

Overall a very fun show tonight. ME was ten times better than I had expected. Starting to really give a shit about just about everyone on this roster as well as their programs they are building within it. They found something worthwhile as far as roles for Balls Mahoney and Stevie Richards, unbelievable. For the most part, the old Heyman addage is in tact here - plain and simple, play on the wrestlers strengths. It aint rocket science. I guess we should be thanking Dusty Rhodes?

How in the hell did Boogey improve so much in such a short period of time?

I'm not even just talking about his work in the ring either. Even things as simple as the way he moves around the ring, even how he just walks - it all seems so much more natural now, and it totally happened out of nowhere.

I told ya last week, it's gotta be someone new.

I'm really liking Burke and Punk being much more comfortable now. They give off the "this is our show" vibe that guys like Batista and Cena do.

I was at the show last night, so here's some extra points.

I don't know how it came across on TV, but the Miz was fucking up left and right. Seemed like he couldn't do anything right in the match from where I was watching.

The main event was pretty good despite the constant fuck-ups from the Miz.

Kevin Thorne received deafening silence when he cut his promo (which is a shame because I've been a fan of his since his Mordecai Days). No one in the crowd cared about him in the least, but popped pretty well when Stevie jumped him.

I want to know when Boogeyman got so agile. I dont know if it was shown on screen or not, but he kept doing these weird jumps on the apron where he would jump into the air and do a full split, easily clearing the height of the ropes. It further wowed the crowd when he did that sick springboard into the ring when he got the hot tag. Also, I further the thought that his ring work has significantly improved. His selling is some of the best in the company outside of the cruiserweights. What he lacks in technical prowess, he more than makes up for in his charisma and ring presence. Hopefully Booker will continue to help him improve.

Balls got a great reaction when he won. Does anyone even remember the last time he picked up a victory (has he won since coming to WWE last year?)?

Balls got a great reaction when he won. Does anyone even remember the last time he picked up a victory (has he won since coming to WWE last year?)?

The only WWE win I remember him getting, besides at One Night Stand 06, was at December to Dismember over Matt Striker.

I hope that Stevie attack will set up a match at Summerslam (WWE normally announce at least one match late-on on the website so it's possible), although when I was watching the Thorne promo I called a Stevie Kick instead of those lame forearms.

dont you love how Style and Tazz act like theyve never seen Big Daddy V before? I mean when he debuted even, they didt even say "hey thats viscera"

just like snitsky (the undefeated snitsky, except for all those times he lost to Kane and cena and shelton and others)

dont you love how Style and Tazz act like theyve never seen Big Daddy V before? I mean when he debuted even, they didt even say "hey thats viscera"

just like snitsky (the undefeated snitsky, except for all those times he lost to Kane and cena and shelton and others)

<Kayfabe>That was GENE Snitsky that lost those matches. This is...um...ERIK Snitsky, his twin brother who shaved his head and had bad dental hygine.</kayfabe>

When did he go from kicking babies to bad hygene(sp?)? I just remember him coming out on ECW one day with a shaved head and Tazz was like, "Ugh, that smell."

Read my post above yours for the answer to that.