TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

The OAO Thread For The Twentieth Annual SummerSlam Games

Something off the F4W board that explains Cena retaining:

Someone posted this:

When a champion goes over against a challenger that has been well promoted, it tends to elevate the champion further and the belt in the process. Well-promoted championship matches which deliver (and this one did) generate a lot of loyalty and interest and good-will down the line.

And Alvarez responded with:

Apparently this is largely exactly what happened. Vince didn't like any of the title change finishes proposed, plus he felt that Orton was hot enough that it was a perfect big win for Cena.

On the B&V show that reviewed the PPV, they speculated that there was no title change because if the plan is for a heel Kennedy to headline WM against Hunter for the title, he'd probably have the title, which means he's beating a face for the belt. Putting the belt on Orton would mean having to change the title again to get it back on a babyface to drop it to Kennedy. A short-term reign does nothing for Orton and it would be too many title changes in short period of time, so Cena keeps the belt to drop it to Kennedy, presumably around November, who then holds it until WM. If that is what is intended to happen, then I don't mind Cena retaining here, because too many title changes in rapid order makes each one mean less and less.

I have trouble believing that Kennedy won't get injured badly again before Wrestlemania. He and Edge both seem to have trouble staying healthy and shouldn't have longterm booking plans tossed their way.

I thought the plan was for HHH to take the title off of Orton and go into Mania as champ? These guys have no idea what they are doing, do they?

I think that was the presumed plan before the details of the bastard child storyline came out.

This was the worst SummerSlam ever. I'm not even joking about that.

Sayeth the serf whom adorned his speakers corner persona with a photographically generated still image of himself and the murderous cretin for a forthnight - with a notice of rights to copy and distribute, no less!

Thou had a strong alligence to the vile cretin prior to the revelation of You Know Who taking a new insurance policy lacking the names of the victims implicating premeditated intentions of both! Thou could no longer support the fallen hero following knowledge of that.