TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 8/30 - 9/3

App. State drive to the 5, 24 yard FG GOOD!!!!

34-32 APP STATE LEADS! 15 seconds left.

Manningham catch at the 20 with 6 seconds left! *dies*

37 yard FG BLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best part is it was at Michigan's stadium. Now Michigan's fans has nothing to claim for the entire season.

"We went 11-1!"

"You lost to Appalachian State."

"We're better than Florida and USC!"

"You lost to Appalachian State."

and it goes on.

As big a fan as I am of small schools - and the sheer annoyance I get from the lack of respect - I will say that this is a once in a lifetime upset. I make jokes all the time that LSU is scared to play my alma mater (Nicholls State) and I guess I could point at this game as evidence :D

That game was insane. App. State managed to go up 31-20, let Michigan back in to a 32-31 lead, and then blocks a FG to end the game with 6 seconds left. Not only one of the biggest upsets in college football history but one of the more insane games ever too.

I'm not even as mad about this as I should be...if anyone could screw the pooch on this one, it would be Michigan. I'm almost glad it happened for the sheer novelty and hilarity of it all.

I know Carr had to have his annual non-conference loss but damn...Bo HAS to be rolling over in his grave right now.

That game was insane. App. State managed to go up 31-20, let Michigan back in to a 32-31 lead, and then blocks a FG to end the game with 6 seconds left. Not only one of the biggest upsets in college football history but one of the more insane games ever too.

Does anyone have the link for the Michigan Wolverines message board? I'd like to see the progression of messages through out the week.

Can someone explain to me why Appalach St kicked the FG on first and goal? They could of ran something, forced Michigan to burn their time out. Ah well. They got lucky, but thank god. I hate it when some scrub gets up on a ranked team, then pisses it away.

Can someone explain to me why Appalach St kicked the FG on first and goal? They could of ran something, forced Michigan to burn their time out. Ah well. They got lucky, but thank god. I hate it when some scrub gets up on a ranked team, then pisses it away.

Didn't they do this because they were out of timeouts?

Does anyone have the link for the Michigan Wolverines message board? I'd like to see the progression of messages through out the week.

Here's one

http://www.mlive.com/forums/umfb/index.ssf

Out of timeouts and plus you can't be too safe. Michigan probably would have tried to claw the hell out of the ballcarrier to create a turnover.

What a great surprise.

I had forgotten to check the final score, So when ABC showed the clip of the Michigan kicker lining up for the field goal I was like "Oh crap don't tell they escaped with the win" only to see the kick get blocked.

Those message boards are hilarious. The whole fan base is having a collective meltdown with people calling for Carr to be fired, people wanting to sell their tickets, people calling this the worst Michigan team ever, etc. Hilarious stuff.

I rushed home, caused a car accident, paid alot of money to get that shit fixed just to see THIS? This has to be Lloyd Carr's final season or else

And the man being knocked on Thursday for running an "unimpressive" 45-0 victory as the coach of a Top 5 team, Les Miles, becomes the official favorite to take over Michigan next year.

(Miles is a Michigan alum and it's one of the only schools he can go to without paying a buyout to LSU.)