TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread

Everything I have works, however I'm just going to accept that Tito vs. Savage, vs. Hart Foundation, and the HOF piece as well as the July 14th Nitro aren't going to come up.

I've heard people talking about rebooting boxes as a solution but I don't know how that solves anything - when it happens to me I still have two more receivers in the house that also don't have working programs or updated content, so it's obviously not those.

I've usually just e-mailed them to say "Hey Cogeco, fix your Error 209s!". Then they send a response like it's MY fault I can't get the latest episode of Sin City Diaries to load and suggest I call technical support so they can send someone out. Since that's not the problem I just wait, then it tends to work. The 7/7/97 Nitro was a close call, though.

I'd rather wait a day or two and getting all the shows instead of the less-than-half-assed updates we've had for the last two weeks. March was perfect and April was almost complete. Thus far, May is horrible as far as the maintenance was handled.

My issue is I'm going out of town for 10 days tomorrow and would have liked to been able to watch some stuff before I left, especially PTW since it will expire before I get home and it sounds like they finally start Survivor Series build-up.

ok I offcially fucking hate Comcast, the whole issue is they are moving the On Demand from 99 to 1, was supposed to be done today and it was not, I'm gettin sporadic stuff, and the yahoo said I have to call my local office and see what they can do, fucking shit

well it would seem Comcast got their act together and actually updated what was supposed to be up this week, hopefully next month they keep their shit together

Anybody here got any problems with shows stopping at a precise moment ? Problems I have so far :

- Judgment Day Pt 2 stops in the Undertaker/Booker pre-match video. No Guerrero/JBL match.

- Guerrero vs Lesnar shortie stops at 2/3 of the match

- Raw stops when they play the US Anthem.

Back from vacation!

While I was gone, Cogeco was nice enough to send me this:

Thank you for contacting Cogeco Technical Support regarding your WWE on Demand service issue. We appreciate the opportunity to help you resolve any Cogeco issues you may be having.

I have checked with our Network Operations Center and they have confirmed that there is an absence of new listings for WWE on Demand. At this time, we do not have an estimated time that the problem will be resolved.

Please be assured that Cogeco is working to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please call 1-866-774-8888, and select the appropriate menu option for Cable Television. Our representatives are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week for your convenience. You can also contact us through email via our website at www.cogeco.ca and clicking on the "Contact Us" link at the top right side of the page.

Regards,

Cogeco Technical Support

So, an e-mail that actually mentions the problem! Good steps, Cogeco. Of course when I got home I found that I'm short a Shortie, probably never got Slamboree, and the two things I've tried to watch (Judgment Day and Nitro) are very choppy. The last part may be the fault of the video box up here, it tends to act up when it's been idle for a long time.

Everything but Mania XXIV showed up right at midnight. I have it on DVD so I'm not concerned, and I'm also under the impression from the past almost two years of being a subscriber that there are some rights issues stopping Cogeco from airing current WrestleMania's or Hall of Fame ceremonies as we never get them. Since I buy these on DVD it has no effect on me.

So, anyone else have Vengeance from 2007? I don't think it is a PYBO, as it doesn't say that in the title, and it has the match listings by match, like it does for recent PPV's. Weird?

Wrestlemania disappeared from Sunflower's schedule as well.

Yeah, I think I noticed that once and than forgot about it. Did your system get it? Also, Night of Champions 2007 popping up seems a bit bizarre. Maybe an error on your system's part Joey? Maybe some wacky audible by 24/7.

Well I'm pretty sure the 1995 War Games bout consists of Team Hogan vs. Team Dungeon of Doom or something like that. Maybe not. I don't know because Cogeco offered up a large plate of NOTHING this morning.

Missing the history of ECW show and the 1995 War Games. Someone please tell me both of these shows sucked so I won't be too mad....

Surprisingly...I'm missing the same things. I have Comcast in Boston, MA

The only thing missing this morning was Nitro, which had me worried because I was sure it was the AA retirement speech (which now I think is on the next Nitro, not the current one). but everything seems to be there. I suppose there's no PYBO or Backlash in week one.

I watched the preview show just for the hell of it and I love how Korpela assures us that each and every single War Games will be shown this month. Showing 1997 would be nice since it's not often they show the matches that fits the MNW timeframe but that will likely be skipped because of Benoit's involvement.

Cogeco here seems to be slowly filtering their updates in. Al 3 Mick Foley videos were up before I went to sleep, now that I'm awake the Legends section is up to date and War Games 87 is up.

WG 97 is not on Sunflower's schedule. I believe 88 is skipped too.

well all I got was the Kowalski stuff, the Boston House Show and the 87 and 93 War Games, I am officially done with this, Comcast ever since they switched from Insight, maybe one month has been fully updated as it should be, so I am gonna call tommorow and cancel, I am not payin 9 bucks a month for spotty service

Do you let anyone know this? I would guess so since you've had this problem before.

I don't get too annoyed with Cogeco when they manage to get all the updates in within 24 hours or so. Right now I'm only missing one Kowalski match and the Boston show and I see no reason those won't appear by this afternoon.

Do you let anyone know this? I would guess so since you've had this problem before.

I don't get too annoyed with Cogeco when they manage to get all the updates in within 24 hours or so. Right now I'm only missing one Kowalski match and the Boston show and I see no reason those won't appear by this afternoon.

I've told them this God knows how many times and they always pass the buck and say OH YOU NEED TO CONTACT WWE ABOUT THIS, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG ON OUR END type bullcrap, its just to the point where its not even worth it anymore

My Nitro ends during the main event. It's listed as being 1 hour 40 minutes, which is 10 minutes longer than usual, but gets cut off at what my counter says is 1:39. Hmm. Oh well.