TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Sandman Released :(

Kenny was a champion as part of a team, not by himself, so he wouldn't have qualified.

"Considering the detail they usually put into the main event skits, I'm sure they were quite aware of who would be involved."

Like when they aware Sandman was a former World Champion and put him in the main event of Vengeance. Oh wait.

Bitching about WWE's writers for not knowing the business isn't some "internet" trend, it happens to be the talk of quite a bit of ex-WWE employees. It's a shame last night's McMahon reveal, aside from being pointless for future storyline/angle build (lame "Big Reveal"ala The Greater Power and Goldberg Goes Heel in 2000) was also written poorly, where guys like Val Venis were all "Uh, do I leave?" to Vince.

You honestly can't rip WWE for this one. If you want blame something, blame Kennedy for fucking the whole angle up.

Like when they aware Sandman was a former World Champion and put him in the main event of Vengeance. Oh wait.

They made a point on the website to say that Sandman was disqualified because he was drafted after that RAW - he was not "a champion on the brand after the night is over".

They made a point on the website to say that Sandman was disqualified because he was drafted after that RAW - he was not "a champion on the brand after the night is over".

Don't even try to argue about it, Sandman was not even rumored to be put in the match, UTSHU and a few other posters here wanted Sandman in the match because they thought it would have been a good idea, but when it turned out Sandman wasn't going to be booked in the match UTSHU and the few posters who wanted Sandman to be in that match got upset about Sandman not being in the match....and apprently UTSHU now holds a grudge over WWE because of it.

I also thought he looked drunk on the last RAW. After seeing 2 or 3 of his shoots and saying how he was drinking before matches, I've always looked to see if he was drunk when coming down to the ring. This week was the first time I've ever thought he'd had a fair bit to drink.

OOH I think I'm the first to say it! Ooooh I have to, I can't resist, it needs to be said....

Sandman - TNA

There we go, I think this thread is complete now.

So, say if TNA did have brains - Paul Hayman - is Hayman still under WWE contract?- , The Sandman, Sabu and RVD are just floating around doing nothing, wouldn't this be an ideal time to bring them in for some cheap easy pops? Maybe divert some of the lost ECW fans their way, the TNA-UWA hardcore shows were pretty decent last year.

They did the hardcore invasion a few years back during the Nashville days IIRC. I believe it was Raven, Sandman, Saturn, New Jack and some more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Guest Hasbeen2
I wonder if he owns his name/gimmick...

He does. He used the name as early as 1990 in the Tri-State wrestling days.

Didn't he start out with a surfer gimmick. I wonder if he owns that or the drinking hardcore personality. He did use it on a lot of independent shows but he changed to Hak in WCW, maybe not for an ownership reason.

I thought he changed to Hak so WCW couldn't copyright the Sandman name, but I could be wrong.

It's gotten to the point where it's almost useless trying to enjoy anyone in WWE other than maybe Cena and Triple H. It seems like anyone else is a candidate to quit or get fired, or worse...

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Perhaps there is more than we know, well, there has to be.

I thought he was super over for a mid card worker.

They did the hardcore invasion a few years back during the Nashville days IIRC. I believe it was Raven, Sandman, Saturn, New Jack and some more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Yeah, that's right they did, Slash and the other guy from The New Church were in it too. Just recently watched that PPV strangely.

Sandman is getting sued by that scumbag who claimed he assaulted her during one of his ring entrances so WWE probably looked for any reason to release him so they can further themselves from the lawsuit and more negative press. They already said through a statement something along the lines of Sandman being a private contractor and not an employee of WWE.

OOH I think I'm the first to say it! Ooooh I have to, I can't resist, it needs to be said....

Sandman - TNA

Wait, wait.

SANDMAN VS. BRYAN DANIELSON RING OF HONOR WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

There we go.

According to Mike Johnson at PWI, Sandman had showed up in 'questionable' condition at some house shows recently, and missed one of the South African house shows entirely. As well as that, he and Ricky Steamboat had words on the flight back. Sandman was apparently unhappy as well recently, and WWE had no problems with firing him.

Hell with AmDrag...

SANDMAN VS. HYDRA IN CHIKARA~!

:headbang: YES PLEASE! Anything with Hydra is golden - I'm still holding out for Sharkboy v Hydra.

Sandman v Hydra, what would that be - Hydra flexing his huge muscles infront of Sandman. Sandman looks at him like 'Who's this fool' then canes him?

Hell with AmDrag...

SANDMAN VS. HYDRA IN CHIKARA~!

:headbang: YES PLEASE! Anything with Hydra is golden - I'm still holding out for Sharkboy v Hydra.

Sandman v Hydra, what would that be - Hydra flexing his huge muscles infront of Sandman. Sandman looks at him like 'Who's this fool' then canes him?

Hydra would no sell the cane shot and take the cane, only to be unable to break it. Lots of comedy spots and whacky hijinx would ensue.

It's always weird hearing all these people talk about being unhappy in the WWE. Makes me wonder if I'm ever lucky enough to break into a big company like that what I'm in store for.

It's always weird hearing all these people talk about being unhappy in the WWE. Makes me wonder if I'm ever lucky enough to break into a big company like that what I'm in store for.

Drugs, Sex ROCK AND ROLL!....... then man boobs, STDs and then being found coked out of your mind in a hotel room, at a guess anyway.

According to Mike Johnson at PWI, Sandman had showed up in 'questionable' condition at some house shows recently, and missed one of the South African house shows entirely. As well as that, he and Ricky Steamboat had words on the flight back. Sandman was apparently unhappy as well recently, and WWE had no problems with firing him.

I remember when showing up drunk and missing shows just meant a push. This always happens during these overseas trips, and now WWE wants to expand their international presence.

I actually think Sandman might be a good fit for TNA. Yes, it furthers the stigma of being the WWE/WCW retirement home, BUT, Raven's there and not being utilized, not to mention the Dudleys, and he and Abyss might be able to work a good hardcore feud. I could see him being an asset, and I'm not even a fan of his.

I made the suggestion of Sandman to TNA along with RVD, Sabu, and Heyman on the 1st page and was immediately trashed for bringing it up.

I still think it is an idea that could get over if it was done right.

I made the suggestion of Sandman to TNA along with RVD, Sabu, and Heyman on the 1st page and was immediately trashed for bringing it up.

I still think it is an idea that could get over if it was done right.

Insert obligatory anti-TNA comment here.

cabbage, I'm actually less fond of that idea because it feels to me like "ECW vs. TNA," or at the very least an ECW faction. It's not a bad stable on its own merits, but in doing this they'd be bringing in not one, but four WWE castoffs, increasing that stigma further, as well as setting up an angle based off of "these guys were in another promotion." Even if not pushed as "ECW," the subconcious association would be there.

I personally like Sandman in TNA because he has a distinctive style. RVD and Sabu do as well, and any one brought in as a singles star might be an asset, but to do them as a group loses some of that distinctiveness.

Sandman - TNA

Wait, wait.

SANDMAN VS. BRYAN DANIELSON RING OF HONOR WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

There we go.

I'd rather see Sandman vs. Homicide

Sandman had the single funniest moment in TNA history when he chased I think Glen Gilberti outside of the asylum with a flaming kendo stick, and all of the sudden the flaming part fell off leaving a poor excuse for a weapon and sandman was still running around like a madman.