TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 2 Grizzled Cheese Chat Thread

I swear, Julius Jones must be cross-eyed. There's no other explanation for his seeming insistance of running into defensive linemen.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Chicago's offense is not very good. They'll win this division, but they'll be the worst of the four, because this offense is not very good at all. Phenomenal defense, shutting down LaDainian Tomlinson and Larry Johnson: 85 and 55, resp., I believe. Great special teams, as Hester gets his first touchdown of the year. Penalty yardage is looking pretty good. This offense, though. Yikes. It's very uninspiring. One offensive touchdown thus far, and it's a trick play with an eligible offensive lineman. This phase needs to improve soon or they're flirting with a 8-8 record and possibly losing the division.

EDIT: Ugh, who's on color in this Broncos game? He just said this football team has a good chance to win this football game.

EDIT 2: What the fuck? Is that a homeless man coaching the Raiders?

Fucking McCareins. Dropped two balls for TDs, the last one being tipped to Lewis. It looks like Kellen Clemens IS the second coming of Steve Young. I can't wait to see him against Miami next week.

Chicago's offense is not very good. They'll win this division, but they'll be the worst of the four, because this offense is not very good at all.

I hate to say it, but no. They will finish second or third, depending on how real Detroit is. Green Bay is winning the division.

Green Bay looks the most solid. Good defense and the offense is serviceable enough to win the division. Detroit obviously has an offense to compete but I'm not sold on their defense yet. Chicago's defense is good but their offense is just terrible. Too terrible. Minnesota's defense is alright and run offense is pretty okay, but the pass offense sucks.

After two games, this is how I think the North will shake out:

1. Green Bay

2. Chicago if Detroit falters/Detroit if they keep it up

3. Chicago/Detroit

4. Minnesota

But the gap between 2-4 will probably not even be more than 2 games apart.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
After two games, this is how I think the North will shake out:

Inherently flawed.

I was on the road listening to the Chiefs/Bears game while catching updates on MN/Det, and while I was mildly miffed at the final result, it wasn't until I reached my destination and saw the box stats that I got fairly pissed... numerous opportunities to capitalize on the Lions' mistakes, but four INTs... good god

Hopefully things will be better next week when I go see them at Arrowhead

Guest Vitamin X

Hey, There's only 14 left!

Next week will be a measuring stick of how well Green Bay is really playing. The offense will be good enough with all the starters healthy (missing Vernand Morency and Jennings still), but I'm glad they played DeShawn Wynn a bit more. I know they brought him in to be a fullback, but I thought he played really well at Florida and could be a Najeh Davenport/Jerome Bettis type of player. A rotation between the three (Brandon Jackson, Morency, and Wynn) could be good enough to give them the running game they were looking for.

Minnesota's the only team that hasn't really looked too impressive. Detroit's offense has looked decent against two mediocre squads, I'd wait on them. This is still a two team division (between the Bears and Pack) as far as I can see.

Tampa Bay is finally living up to the dark horse thing, beating a good Saints team at home, same with Arizona who beat a good Seattle team at home. If I were a Saints fan, I wouldn't freak out just yet- the Bucs are going to take Atlanta's place in the NFC South, so they'll be in the mix with New Orleans and Carolina now.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I think my prediction was the Bears winning 10 and the Packers winning 8. My ESPN Milwaukee pals were much less optimistic than 8, and they're fans, unlike me.

EDIT: Sure, now the Chargers are absolutely worthless.

Next Sunday will definitly be a big measuring stick for Green Bay. We will see how their defense stacks up against San Diego compared to Chicago in week 1. It could be interesting. It would be very nice to get the old Lambeau mystique going with a huge win.

I'm sure today's offensive explosion had more than a little to do with the Giants' defense being terrible but Favre was on. Nice to see Bubba Franks back in top form as well.

People are saying the 49ers are an improved team, but after the first two weeks of the season, I'm not quite sure. Yes, they are 2-0, but they're only averaging around 190 yards a game on offense. Wouldn't happen if Norv Turner didn't leave.