TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 9/20 - 9/22

And Nick Saban might know a thing or two about LSU, so there's an upset that could happen there.

You know, I didn't really think about that. I still think they drop one, maybe two to teams other than LSU but it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that they'll be playing that game for the right to play in the SEC title game.

It's not out of the realm of possibility, but Saban hasn't been LSU's coach since January 1, 2005.

Somehow, I doubt there's a lot of inside info that Saban has that's still good since, with Jimbo Fisher now at FSU, there are no assistants remaining from any of Saban's staff at LSU.

(I seriously doubt new OC Gary Crowton is keeping a lot of Jimbo's offense and/or signs in place.)

What's the dichotomy between Kansas and K-State? Is one the "smart" Kansas school? Is one the party Kansas school?

K-State = Manhattan = farm/military town (Fort Riley is down the road), so it's much more conservative than your normal college town. Specializes in agriculture (duh), architecture and engineering

KU (more like GayU!) = Lawrence = huge liberal oasis in the state. Specializes in liberal arts, plus it has a law school and med school (which is actually in KC, so it doesn't smell quite as bad)

Or does everyone at both of them mostly just regret living in Kansas?

Hey, Wilt fucking Chamberlain saw fit to go to KU, so there

Get this. Western KY beat Middle Tennessee tonight 20-17. Yep, the same guys that scored 42 on U of L got 17 on the mighty Hilltoppers. Middle TN has now scored 14, 17, 0, and 42 in their games this year. Gotta love U of L's mighty defense.

Get this. Western KY beat Middle Tennessee tonight 20-17. Yep, the same guys that scored 42 on U of L got 17 on the mighty Hilltoppers. Middle TN has now scored 14, 17, 0, and 42 in their games this year. Gotta love U of L's mighty defense.

:) RB Tyrell Hayden was the big factor for Western Kentucky (along with the defense). 23 carries for 144 yards and 1 TD (9 yards).

That's #7 and I seriously can't remember this many wins by FCS teams over FBS teams, at least this quickly into the season.

Jovorskie Lane looked pretty pissed on the sidelines last night. 2 carries for 2 yards in a 17-point loss will do that to you. I was looking forward to seeing him run but oh well.

Hey there, don't insult my school ;)

To be honest, though, WKU isn't that bad of a team. We got killed by Florida but put together a decent drive to start that game off and have gotten several recruits from the Florida area and outside of Kentucky in recent years.

I have to thank Middle Tennessee two weeks ago though for helping me predict the UK-UL game because it is when they have up that many points that I knew UK would have a great chance at winning.

Their playcalling is really stupid. Why run an inside handoff on 3rd and 10 and down by 17?

And then a pick. HAHA

Florida's lead over Ole Miss dwindles to three with one quarter remaining.

Gotta love Ole Miss as I used to live in Oxford and they got the hottest coeds in the country according to Kirk Herbstreit(one of the few things I'll readily agree with him on)

I love ESPN360. It's nice being able to watch Syracuse/Louisville and then flipping to Florida/Ole Miss when I saw in the bottom corner that the score got close.

Iggy, do you want me to start FireSteveKragthorpe.com? This is just fucking embarrassing. At this point I'm trying to figure out where the wins are going to come from the rest of the season. Syracuse was easily the worst opponent we had left.....hell the line was like 37 1/2 or something!

Seriously, Tom Jurich needs to just admit he fucked up and fire everyone right now. We lost a few guys off the defense, but nothing to explain THIS shit. I honestly wonder if some guys on the team haven't already quit on the season.

Iggy, do you want me to start FireSteveKragthorpe.com? This is just fucking embarrassing. At this point I'm trying to figure out where the wins are going to come from the rest of the season. Syracuse was easily the worst opponent we had left.....hell the line was like 37 1/2 or something!

Seriously, Tom Jurich needs to just admit he fucked up and fire everyone right now. We lost a few guys off the defense, but nothing to explain THIS shit. I honestly wonder if some guys on the team haven't already quit on the season.

Although I'm a UK fan, I root for UL when they aren't playing the Cats. I was just shocked they lost to the Orange on their home turf. Did you guys lose THAT much on defense?