TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball 9/24-10/1

Glavine needs to go after today. He's had a great career, he did well for the Mets while he was on the team, but he's not close to being the pitcher he once was. Three high-stakes games for him in a row and three bad starts in a row, this one already looking to be the worst. If he wants to pitch one more season and retire in Atlanta, let him, but the Mets would be crazy to spend a lot of money trying to re-sign him for next season. This is what I'm talking about when I say the pitching needs to be completely rehauled this offseason.

How disappointing. In the first inning.

If he wants to pitch one more season and retire in Atlanta, let him, but the Mets would be crazy to spend a lot of money trying to re-sign him for next season.How disappointing. In the first inning.

No. We don't want him back. I hope the Braves dont waste time with him this offseason.

First time since 1989 Glavine didn't get out of the first inning. FUTG.

This game never even had a chance to be exciting.

And now Willie puts in JORGE SOSA?! REALLY?! Is there a reason we didn't turn to El Duque in this situation? What....we want to wait until the Mets are down 9-2 in the 7th?!

If he wants to pitch one more season and retire in Atlanta, let him, but the Mets would be crazy to spend a lot of money trying to re-sign him for next season.How disappointing. In the first inning.

No. We don't want him back. I hope the Braves dont waste time with him this offseason.

First time since 1989 Glavine didn't get out of the first inning. FUTG.

Oh, John Smoltz wants him back.

I would hope Minaya wouldn't want him back either. Let Glavine retire without pissing any more on his legacy after one of the most pathetic outings I can even remember.

This is why I've been criticizing Willie Randolph so much the past few weeks.

The Glavine meltdown, no one could really see. I'll give him that. But we put in JORGE SOSA inheriting a bases loaded situation?! The only bullpen pitcher that has been WORSE than Mota?! Heilman, Schoeneweis, El Duque, Feliciano...even Smith. ANY of them would have been better than Sosa.

Fuck it, Randolph should be fired for this decision alone. JORGE SOSA! Unbelievable.

Well, there's still 9 at bats left for us to make up these runs.

(read: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck)

Granted different ownership group, and it was for a One Game Only deal but they did bring Phil Niekro back for one more round before Knuckise called it a career.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
More importantly it's the true final Braves game on TBS.

This is really sad, and flying under the radar. Are they even going to treat it as such, or will they just yammer on about Fatty and Baldy doing color for Cubs-Dbags?

That being said, that one game was a disaster for Knucksie and the Braves.

Atlanta Braves IP H R ER BB SO HR

Niekro 3 6 5 5 6 0 0

He didn't get the loss, and he was facing the NL West Champion Giants, but it was clear that the gimmick was a failed one.

Alfonso Soriano hit his 7th leadoff homer of September. That's just insane. He's still overpaid to an extent, but there's no denying he's one of the best offensive players in the game today when he's riding one of his hot streaks.

And instead of keeping the rally going and scoring a couple of runs with some well-placed hitting, Castro tries to hit a home run and pops up to center with the bases loaded.

That's just baseball fundamentals there. Not every swing has to be a homerun.

Guest Smues

Listening to Skip Carry say goodbye right now is almost painful to listen to. Especially when he referenced management trying to bury him a couple of years ago but the fans getting him back.

Maybe I just don't watch enough White Sox games, but it seems like Hawk rambles on about the Sox fans' energy at least once every time I tune in.

Glad I flipped over to TBS, where Biggio was coming off the field for the last time. As a Cubs fan, he was a huge pain the ass, but an undeniable HOF'er all the way.

And that's that.

"Bring me the head of Willie Randolph."

Quite the collapse on the Mets' part, although I still think a lot of the fans here were overreacting earlier. This doesn't happen without the Phillies catching fire.

And the greatest comeback in divisional history is complete. The Phillies are YOUR National League East champions. Next time Jimmy Rollins says his team is the team to beat, try beating them in September.