TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Cyber-Sunday Main Events

When is Edge supposed to be back? I can't remember how long the recovery time for his injury was.

Edge is featured on the Survivor Series poster, so I'd guess he'll return there.

When is Edge supposed to be back? I can't remember how long the recovery time for his injury was.

Edge is featured on the Survivor Series poster, so I'd guess he'll return there.

Yeah, I saw that poster. Seems like he hasn't been gone all that long (well, long enough if you've watched Smackdown since he got hurt) Hopefully they aren't rushing him back

Oh man, I can just see it now if MMA wins the vote for Hardy/MVP.

They will work an awful fight, the crowd will chant boring, and JBL and Cole will go on about how this style of fighting is very boring and angering the crowd.

WWE.com makes the MMA aspect sound like an exciting choice for the fans (even going as far as calling it "the sweet science") so maybe my first instinct that they wanted to parlay this into some sort of UFC bashing was incorrect.

I voted wrestling match for Hardy/MVP...who wants to see a worked MMA fight? Real ones are boring enough.

I voted for JBL as the guest referee for UT/batista...FUCK Foley and Austin.

I voted for Miz against CM Punk...does that make me a bad person? tee hee

I voted for Jeff hardy to face Randy Orton, even though Shawn Michaels is the only one of the 3 that can get a decent match out of Orton. I still think they should have hotshotted the belt to Hardy at No Mercy and then had him job it to Orton at Survivor Series.

I voted wrestling match for Hardy/MVP...who wants to see a worked MMA fight? Real ones are boring enough.

I

In the last month alone, I've seen at least 5 or 6 pretty amazing fights. The whole last UFC PPV was highly entertaining (Then again, I was drunk as hell)

But I do agree with you... Who the hell would want to see a worked MMA match? I thought the Brawl For All was boring enough.

I'm curious. The wrestling match option for the MVP/Hardy match, is that a regular WWE style wrestling match, or an amateur/greco-roman style wrestling match?

I actually agree with Lushus about MMA fights being boring. Mind you I haven't watched an insane amount of it, but the fights I see all have the same stuff in them: Two guys spar a bit, one takes the other down eventually, then beats the shit out of him, either the guy gets out of it or he taps.

I'm curious. The wrestling match option for the MVP/Hardy match, is that a regular WWE style wrestling match, or an amateur/greco-roman style wrestling match?

that's a good question...if that's the case, bring on the MMA!

I've always found MMA uninteresting...and this is coming from a guy who has over a decade's worth of martial arts training.

Like I said, maybe my drinking makes UFC and shit like that interesting... I don't think I've once watched a UFC event sober.

I actually liked MMA once, way back when it first started. I just lost interest over the years. It's a lot like boxing...tehre are tons of fighters, tons of fights every year, but really there are only a few worth taking a notice in.

I actually liked MMA once, way back when it first started. I just lost interest over the years. It's a lot like boxing...tehre are tons of fighters, tons of fights every year, but really there are only a few worth taking a notice in.

I'm like you but my problem is, you never know what you're going to get. Unpredictability is good and everything but my problem with boxing and MMA is, how do you know you're going to get an actual fight?

I'm not anti-MMA. I contemplated getting tickets for UFC 75 live and actually watched it at home. For all those who complain about the lack of wrestling on RAW, I swear there was literally under a minute's worth of actual fighting in the first half-hour of the event and I lost all interest after that. I'm happy enough watching an actual MMA fight but I'd never buy a live UFC PPV again for that reason.

I actually agree with Lushus about MMA fights being boring. Mind you I haven't watched an insane amount of it, but the fights I see all have the same stuff in them: Two guys spar a bit, one takes the other down eventually, then beats the shit out of him, either the guy gets out of it or he taps.

MMA is boring.

But, that's not the point of voting for a MVP/Hardy MMA fight. You know it will be horrible, even unintentionally. Which is what I want to see.

Not to turn this into yet another MMA vs. Wrestling debate, but making blanket statements about MMA is pretty ignorant. MMA can be boring, but so can wrestling. They can also both be very exciting, but in different ways.

I understand that people can be in the sweet science of MMA but sadly I grew up with everyone talking about the "30 minute tap dance" between Shamrock and Severn. Fixed fights - in theory - should be booked to always have something going on. Like said above, you never quite know what you're going to get action wise in a shoot. Of course, a shoot is a shoot so that's pretty damned exciting when something is happening.

how is calling MMA boring an "ignorant" blanket statement? It's a matter of opinion, it's not up for debate. YOU like it, I don't, plain and simple. You're right wrestling can be and currently is very boring, which you've surely seen us all say over and over again over the course of the past few months.

A lot of times people find something boring because they do not understand it. If Joe Mark doesn't understand why Jamie Noble vs Jimmy Yang Wang is a good match, they will chant "boring". You and I do not follow MMA enough to appreciate all the nuances of what is going on when two people are locked in the same position on the mat for 90 seconds, looking for their opening to make a strike, thus we find it boring.

Not understanding something is being ignorant to it, so he's quite right on a technical definition standpoint.

how is calling MMA boring an "ignorant" blanket statement? It's a matter of opinion, it's not up for debate. YOU like it, I don't, plain and simple. You're right wrestling can be and currently is very boring, which you've surely seen us all say over and over again over the course of the past few months.

I think at this point someone is supposed to derail the thread by talking about soup.

Mmmmmm........soup.

haha man I understand MMA, I used to watch it all the time, I still do occassionally.

Whatever Blushus, I was just generalizing. CTP had a point.

None the less, I voted "Wrestling" for Hardy/MVP.

I've always found MMA uninteresting...and this is coming from a guy who has over a decade's worth of martial arts training.

Tae Kwon Do and basic Karate don't count. And old school UFC was nothing more then a bar fight in a cage on PPV.

Tae Kwon Do and basic Karate don't count. And old school UFC was nothing more then a bar fight in a cage on PPV.

who did tae kwon do and basic karate? you?