TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Cena Injured Tonight (Out 6-12 Months)

The onlything I like about the Spinner belt is that it looks incredibly heavy and big, thus cool. If it didn't spin, I would still like the bulkiness of it. All other belts will look thin and cheap by comparison.

But you can't have a WWE Title that is 'dedicated' to one man, who wont even be in the title picture.

Although i'm now seeing HHH holding the spinner with the spinner replaced with a picture of HHH's head.

I don't think they have time to come up with something completely new. And as much as I hope they would break out the pre-spinner version of the title, the picture on the main page of WWE.com would lead me to believe the spinner is here to stay.

I dunno, though. I just can't ever see HHH wearing a belt that spins.

But you can't have a WWE Title that is 'dedicated' to one man, who wont even be in the title picture.

Although i'm now seeing HHH holding the spinner with the spinner replaced with a picture of HHH's head.

You know HHH is gonna have his King of Kings belt with his new Logo on it

Again, not great as far as buyrates and profits go, but I'd mark out like a ten-year-old if Jericho came back at No Mercy and won the belt. I also don't see it happening, but man it would be awesome.

I don't thinkm I even have to say what I think on that subject, but anyhow this sucks for Cena. The guy has busted his ass for two years against basically everyone on the roster, and has pulled off one amazing match after another with a diverse group of opponents (who else besides maybe Shawn could have a **** match with Umaga?) and has dealt with all the pressure and the hating by fans. Maybe a break will be helpful for him. It'll giv ehim time to rest plus freshen him up by being gone for a long while. then when he returns, you can do anything with him, even that long awaited heel turn.

If next week he starts doing raps about Kennedy and Orton from his house ala the Brock feud, I will enjoy that much.

as for the belt, remember edge just put his logo on the spinner, may be they can do that for everyone, Orton can have a spinning RKO logo.

Get Well John.

The complete tear means that where the muscle attaches to the bone, it was ripped off.

It would be next to impossible to tear through and entire muscle because of all the fibers I would think.

JOHN CENA INJURY UPDATE

by Mike Johnson

WWE's website has posted a video feature on former WWE champion John Cena's surgery and rehabilitation process, which has already started in Birmingham, Alabama.

During the video feature (which will likely start running on WWE programming this week), Dr. James Andrews stated that the pectoral tear occurred when Cena's arm was pulled behind him during the hiptoss spot with Ken Kennedy. Andrews called it a "devastating injury" and was amazed Cena even finished the match.

Dr. Andrews noted that that the initial examinations didn't show how severe the tear was, and once they opened up Cena for the surgical procedure, they learned it was a complete tear where the tendon attaches to the bone. They used fiber-wire kevlar sutures to replair the tear. Andrews noted that the quick turnaround for the surgery (which took place less than 24 hours after the injury) helped make the procedure an easier process as the torn tendon hadn't had been given a chance to shrivel up after the tear.

Andrews said that Cena "should have a full recovery."

WWE statements since the surgery have placed Cena's return at somewhere between six months to a year, which at best, would be April 2008, ruling out an in-ring match for Cena at Wrestlemania XXIV in Orlando, Florida.

JOHN CENA INJURY UPDATE

by Mike Johnson

WWE's website has posted a video feature on former WWE champion John Cena's surgery and rehabilitation process, which has already started in Birmingham, Alabama.

During the video feature (which will likely start running on WWE programming this week), Dr. James Andrews stated that the pectoral tear occurred when Cena's arm was pulled behind him during the hiptoss spot with Ken Kennedy. Andrews called it a "devastating injury" and was amazed Cena even finished the match.

Dr. Andrews noted that that the initial examinations didn't show how severe the tear was, and once they opened up Cena for the surgical procedure, they learned it was a complete tear where the tendon attaches to the bone. They used fiber-wire kevlar sutures to replair the tear. Andrews noted that the quick turnaround for the surgery (which took place less than 24 hours after the injury) helped make the procedure an easier process as the torn tendon hadn't had been given a chance to shrivel up after the tear.

WWE statements since the surgery have placed Cena's return at somewhere between six months to a year, which at best, would be April 2008, ruling out an in-ring match for Cena at Wrestlemania XXIV in Orlando, Florida.

If he could come back in 6 months, couldn't he make it back to Mania literally just in time?

JOHN CENA INJURY UPDATE

by Mike Johnson

If he could come back in 6 months, couldn't he make it back to Mania literally just in time?

Even if he's back to full health at six months, they'd have no way to know if he'd be in shape or condition to wrestle by the time Mania comes around, and at best they'd have one Raw to hype up his in-ring return with any kind of confidence that he'd actually be able to wrestle. For all the dumb things WWE have done, they're not going to hype up Cena's in-ring return with either one week's real notice or without knowing beyond all doubt he's going to be able to wrestle. I think the earliest Cena gets back in the ring, at least for a major PPV, is Summerslam next year.

Which would be fine, honestly. Cena needs the time off, I think. He's been the face of the last three Wrestlemanias, and represented the compnay well to boot. I'm no huge Cena fan, but I appreciate what he's done, and I hope to have him back by next Summerslam at full health, when he's ready.

If the Jericho rumors are true, it'll probably be his time to shine... either that or HHH will turn heel and squash him repeatedly. Whichever works, right?

And as for the question of the belt: I honestly think its about time to bring back the pre-Cena belt. Its basically one nagging leftover from Cena's previous rapper gimmick and its about time it just went the fuck away.

I have a strong feeling that Jericho walks out with the belt Sunday.

Number of reasons.

First and foremost, he was supposed to return then anyway.

Secondly, if Hunter might win the belt they'd probably want to advertise it.

Thirdly, they were very vauge on ECW. There's a reason for this. Either they have NO IDEA at all, or they don't want to give it away.

If they were simply going to do Orton vs. Hunter vs. Umaga, I have a feeling they'd have said so on ECW. WWE is usually very disorganized, but not to that degree. Their generally able to think on their feet, and if that was the case I feel they would have announced it.

My theory is they keep it in the dark all PPV. Orton comes out, demands to be given the title. Then a Save_us222 video airs, and morphs into Break the Walls Down. Jericho comes out, beats Orton, and then they'll feud for awhile. Most likely, Orton would win the title and move to WM to defend against Hunter.

Makes the most logical sense given where they want to end up.

OK, if a guy returning from a 2+ year hiatus walks right in and out with the belt in one night, hell freezes over. I could see this happening in 2000 WCW, but nowhere else. This is complete nonsense. Triple H comes back and gets a few starter programs. Goldberg didn't even get a title run for a few months after steam rolling through THE ROCK. Yoiu're insane.

Orton may not have won tonight originally, but he'd have won by Cyber Sunday. Because I can't think of any reason why he'd have earned a rematch after jobbing at NM, I'd say he snagged the strap here to begin with.

Cena goes down, with the plan to presumably transition the belt to his Mania opponent through Randy, and all of the sudden they panic and throw Jericho the strap? You're mad. Orton takes it maybe a month before it was originally planned and Jericho may, if he's lucky IF HE EVEN RETURNS NOW, get Cena's Mania slot.

If you think for one second CHRIS FUCKING JERICHO will walse in on his first night back and be given the WWE TITLE, you've lost it. Go write up your dreams in the fantasy booking folder.

I don't think they were going to put the belt on Orton at all. They might now for the lack of anything better to do, but if Orton was getting the belt it would have been at SS. At No Mercy I bet they would have done the goofy double KO spot, and then set up a HIAC for Cyber Sunday where Orton would finally job out conclusively.

OK, if a guy returning from a 2+ year hiatus walks right in and out with the belt in one night, hell freezes over. I could see this happening in 2000 WCW, but nowhere else. This is complete nonsense. Triple H comes back and gets a few starter programs. Goldberg didn't even get a title run for a few months after steam rolling through THE ROCK. Yoiu're insane.

Orton may not have won tonight originally, but he'd have won by Cyber Sunday. Because I can't think of any reason why he'd have earned a rematch after jobbing at NM, I'd say he snagged the strap here to begin with.

Cena goes down, with the plan to presumably transition the belt to his Mania opponent through Randy, and all of the sudden they panic and throw Jericho the strap? You're mad. Orton takes it maybe a month before it was originally planned and Jericho may, if he's lucky IF HE EVEN RETURNS NOW, get Cena's Mania slot.

If you think for one second CHRIS FUCKING JERICHO will walse in on his first night back and be given the WWE TITLE, you've lost it. Go write up your dreams in the fantasy booking folder.

...I'm not even going to bother. You can't even spell half correctly. I'll sum up so you can understand. Shit happens. Plans change. Hunter/Kennedy was the plan for WM. Not likely to happen now because Kennedy is a fucking moron. Cena's out. Orton/Hunter is the logical WM main event now, but Hunter isn't going to start that feud until he can win it. He has shown NO interest in doing anything but putting himself over since he came back. Need I remind you of the week where he buried FIVE PEOPLE IN ONE SEGMENT?

So I ask you, oh so logical one, who the FUCK is Orton going to feud with until WM time? Anyone? ANYONE AT ALL? Lemme put it this way: THERE ARE NO OTHER PEOPLE. Lashley isn't even gonna be back UNTIL around RR time, if not later. Cena's out till AFTER Wrestlemania.

Jericho's their only choice, and he may not win it on Sunday, but I can pretty much fucking guarentee he's walking straight into a main event program.

...I'm not even going to bother. You can't even spell half correctly. I'll sum up so you can understand. Shit happens. Plans change. Hunter/Kennedy was the plan for WM. Not likely to happen now because Kennedy is a fucking moron. Cena's out. Orton/Hunter is the logical WM main event now, but Hunter isn't going to start that feud until he can win it. He has shown NO interest in doing anything but putting himself over since he came back. Need I remind you of the week where he buried FIVE PEOPLE IN ONE SEGMENT?

So I ask you, oh so logical one, who the FUCK is Orton going to feud with until WM time? Anyone? ANYONE AT ALL? Lemme put it this way: THERE ARE NO OTHER PEOPLE. Lashley isn't even gonna be back UNTIL around RR time, if not later. Cena's out till AFTER Wrestlemania.

Jericho's their only choice, and he may not win it on Sunday, but I can pretty much fucking guarentee he's walking straight into a main event program.

OK. I apologise for spelling "You're" wrong ONCE. The spelling jab makes you look like an asshole. Did you read the post?

Randy can feud with SHAWN MICHAELS, whom he took out. Remember that? Are you on the writing staff for WWE?

Anyway, I was merely pointing out that it will not happen that Jericho would leave WWE champion on the night of his RE-DEBUT. I agree with you on the whole main event program deal, even suggesting that it will be Jericho in the slot that the flagship of the company (Cena) would have occupied.

I can't fault you for believing what you believe, but why tear me apart without looking at what I said?

I believe Orton was slated to win the title to transition it to someone else to freshen things up and give Cena a chase. I believe Jericho would be one of the, if not THE top guy when he returns. I just don't think he would ever possible win the title in his FIRST NIGHT BACK.

Calm down.

Why is Kennedy being blamed again? I really haven't read much of the thread, I just noticed Kennedy is being blamed somehow.

rumor has it he didn't perform his end of a hiptoss properly, which led to Cena getting hurt. Jingus, ace Indie circuit referee and major Cena hater thinks it's Cena's own fault. I don't really know or care. I just like calling him Ahmed Kennedy.

...but he doesn't talk like he has marbles in his mouth.

I have to see the hiptoss to judge, is there a link to it? I didn't tape Raw.

...but he doesn't talk like he has marbles in his mouth.

true

but both were hot, both were planned to be huge, both keep getting hurt and we know Ahmed's track record for hurting others...is Kennedy going down that same path???

Jingus, ace Indie circuit referee

Hey now, it's "former indy announcer/referee/manager/gopher".

And no, it wasn't Kennedy sandbagging him, he clearly went up for the hiptoss, but the positioning was awkward, the timing was off, and Cena just plain bobbled his half of the move. Didn't help that Kennedy was running the ropes a bit too fast, either.

So I think I just saw the hiptoss you guys were talking about. The match is up on youtube. Looks like it might be both their faults..or it might be a accident, here's a few things I noticed that could have caused it.

1. The momentum of the two during the hiptoss threw them both off of how that was suppose to land.

2. Cena was in the middle of the ring when going for the hiptoss instead of being closer to the ropes.

3. Kennedy didn't land on his back and instead of going straight, he seemed to go to his left, which very well could have hooked Cena's arm.

4. Cena seemed to land on his side, instead of face or knees, and because of this, Cena's arm was under Kennedy when Kennedy Landed.

5. Kennedy could have went to the left instead of going straight on his flip because they were so close to the ropes, Kennedy didn't want to either land on the ropes or go through the ropes.

That's what I noticed and also just like Jingus, I am a Referee on the indy circuit and(!) I'm also in pro wrestling training.

Meltz says today in his update that the longer they hold off on announcing anything the more likely Jericho - Orton becomes. Got to admit, I am really starting to get my hopes up. Even if the pop "only" equals what Jericho got in the same building 8 years ago it will be a special moment.

Here is the thing from a "kayfabe" standpoint, why would Vince not have a match set up if the idea is for them to likely just have Orton claim victory and "should be handed the belt" and Jericho comes out after the countdown hits? Would McMahon just go "Nah, I like Orton and he can have the belt". McMahon has to at least address that issue.

I think he should make an announcment early in the night, perhaps as the show starts or on WWE.COM that HHH/Umaga winner gets to face Orton for the vacant title, with that match going to a non-finsh (setting up a gimmick match for Cyber, possibly even HIAC). At least it shows McMahon/WWE had a plan instead of Jericho just showing up.