TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Cena Injured Tonight (Out 6-12 Months)

This is probably the most exciting thing to happen this year (excluding the obvious big event which was more upsetting than exciting). I'm so glad that the belt is off Cena and I can enjoy 6-8 months of PPV main events without him. I'd quite happily take a HHH or Kennedy reign for a few months.

what poll? the only poll i see on wwe.com is something about the womans title.

If you go to the main page, you should see something on the right that reads "CHAMPIONSHIP POLL".

rofl @ 216863 votes so far

39+% to Val Venis.

Is there something I'm missing? Why is he leading the poll??

He is a internet favorite and Stevie Richards wasn't a choice.

rofl @ 216863 votes so far

39+% to Val Venis.

Is there something I'm missing? Why is he leading the poll??

He is a internet favorite and Stevie Richards wasn't a choice.

So, all those votes he is getting is all from the IWC?

Damn.

I voted for him, but like you said, that's because there was no Stevie Richards.

I also voted for Val Venis. That shit needs to be a landslide victory. In fact, its up to 41% percent. It'll be funny, honestly, just to see WWE brush off that vote as a joke anyway.

As for Cena.... wow. I'm not one for believing in shit like "luck" or "vibes", but I think a lot of people's negative energy and desire for him to lose the title must have finally paid off. Frankly, I'm bummed. I like Last Man Standing matches, as I like to see two guys break out the weapons and pull out all the stops every now and again. Funny enough, I think if Cena could have found a way to get cleared for the match, he probably would have still gone through with it.

I know Cena's popularity amongst smarks isn't exactly stellar, but I like the guy and I think he made a great face champion. But who's next now? I liked the idea of Jeff pulling out some kind of off-chance victory. I'm sure his reign wouldn't last long, but I think it'd a great moment just to have him hold both belts. I'm not naive enough to think his reign would actually last very long, however.

Hell, I was going to watch ECW tonight anyway... I guess now I have one more reason.

They did acknowledge Stevie's big margin of victory during the baby daddy deal. As always, McMahon scoffed at the notion of Stevie Richards. Which has been a nice running gag over the years.

I'm glad someone else mentioned the RVD ECW TV title run ending due to his broken leg in April 2000. Not only did the TV belt never recover, I think that was actually the death knell on ECW itself. From there it was Mike Awesome jumping ship with the belt and no RVD there for him to job it to on the way out. The main difference with Cena though is that RVD was very over with the TV title and if fans were tired of his reign it was mainly because it was simply time for him to drop it and win the world title.

Why do I get this demented feeling they might put the belt on Umaga? They probably don't want to piss away a HHH title win on a nothing PPV with zero build. And if they wanted Orton as champ, he would have it by now. The last time they had to panic and put a title on someone, they put it on Khali, so there is some precedent for this sort of thing.

Well the only reason I started watching Raw again in 2006 was because of Cena. I don't know if I can watch a Cena-less Raw. There isnt anybody on Raw that had the work ethic, was over with the crowd (good or bad) and put in consistent performances day in and out than John Cena. This is a damn shame. The people that are glad he got injured, well you got what you wished for. Its too bad. See you Raw in 6 months. Now to switch back to Smackdown for the time being.

Wow I hope this means an end to that dumb-as-hell looking spinner title. For a while, at least.

They probably won't get rid of that shitty spinner belt anytime soon, the toy replica versions sell like hotcakes. And they kept it when Edge was champion.

I gotta think the new champ will be from somewhere other than from the Raw Roster. Either smackdown or time to bring in SID or something. Actually, just switch the Undertaker to Raw and have him challenge Orton at No Mercy. At least there's history there.

Or they could just do the right thing, and make Jericho the surprise challenger at No Mercy. This makes sense on so many levels, since it seems they're trying to reintroduce him at No Mercy anyways. might as well do it with a real bang.

I'm glad someone else mentioned the RVD ECW TV title run ending due to his broken leg in April 2000. Not only did the TV belt never recover, I think that was actually the death knell on ECW itself. From there it was Mike Awesome jumping ship with the belt and no RVD there for him to job it to on the way out. The main difference with Cena though is that RVD was very over with the TV title and if fans were tired of his reign it was mainly because it was simply time for him to drop it and win the world title.

Are people still maintaining that Cena isn't the most over guy in wrestling right now?

Are people still maintaining that Cena isn't the most over guy in wrestling right now?

Yeah, I don't get it either. Cena may not be "liked" by everyone... but he does draw the biggest total reaction. If you've got half the crowd chanting for him, and the other half booing him and cursing him... at least you've got them doing something.

Most of the time the crowds are quiet except maybe during an entrance, or during the obligatory "face comeback". But fuck, the crowds are always into Cena, one way or another.

As much as I wanted the title off of Cena, I really didn't want it to happen this way. I wanted him to LOSE. Cena getting injured is really going to kill RAW, and is just another huge thing in the long list of things that are sending WWE into a downward spiral. I hope he gets back sooner than later, but I obviously don't want him to get the title back right away.

Injuring Bobby Lashley and John Cena as well as getting busted for steroids after you said on national news shows that you quit using steroids in February 2006.

Welcome to the permanent doghouse, Mr. Kennedy.

Kennedy.

Kennedy didn't actually injure Lashley, that was kayfabe.

I'd say Kennedy could be depushed but there are so few top names right now. WWE simply don't have the luxury of being petty. He'll stay upper mid card at least.

As much as I'd like to see it happen, they will not put the World Title on Jericho the same night he returns. Even HHH didn't get that type of treatment.

Probably scenario: They put Orton in with Umaga and HHH... keep it a Last Man Standing Match... Orton wins at Umaga's expense and sets up a program with HHH so he can win the belt at Survivor Series, a bigger PPV in the scope of things.

Nowhere in the match did it look like Kennedy was at fault for Cena's injury. Kennedy landed normally on that infamous hiptoss. Why is everyone so quick to blame him?

Kennedy is blamed for not helping Cena on the hip-toss, where the injury occured. That's how Cena got hurt, it has nothing to do with Kennedy's landing.

As much as I'd like to see it happen, they will not put the World Title on Jericho the same night he returns. Even HHH didn't get that type of treatment.

Probably scenario: They put Orton in with Umaga and HHH... keep it a Last Man Standing Match... Orton wins at Umaga's expense and sets up a program with HHH so he can win the belt at Survivor Series, a bigger PPV in the scope of things.

As much as a three way Last Man Standing sounds cool, given how confusing it could get, (getting around how triple threats often feature a guy who is knocked out while the other two fight) standard triple threat rules will likely apply.

As much as a three way Last Man Standing sounds cool, given how confusing it could get, (getting around how triple threats often feature a guy who is knocked out while the other two fight) standard triple threat rules will likely apply.

True... very true.

I put my vote in for Val, up to 46.39%

Maybe once, just once, they'll run with someone who isn't Triple H and bring Jericho back, then have him beat Orton for the title. It wouldn't get as much of a reaction as if he'd gone over Cena, but hey, I'm sure it'll work. Have Orton set up for the concussion kick but Jericho catches his leg and turns him into the Walls of Jericho... tapout, explosion, roof gets blown off, Jericho wins the World Title and world peace breaks out.

Or something.

Ha, I'm in love with the idea of Hardy coming out of the blue and being the challenger... and winning. I know... I know, it won't happen. But a girl can dream, right?

I mean, if there's going to be multiple challengers for the title, I want the E to go all-fucking-out and bring back the Elimination Chamber. Then again, they probably wouldn't want to risk any more legit injuries, so I guess that'd be a no-go.

Just make it HHH vs. Orton and be done with it... its what I'm expecting anyway.

Well if I can't have Jericho, I'd take a Jeff Hardy win.

Elimination Chamber would be a pretty drastic move but that's something they like to hype. Orton-Kennedy-HHH-Umaga-Jeff and ? (Mystery man to be either Jericho or knowing WWE, Vince to assure HHH doesn't win). I'd hold off on using the EC. Still haven't washed out the taste of the last one.