TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gym Class Fallout

NFL Week 5 Fails to Rebuild New Orleans

Guest Vitamin X

David Carr can lead the Panthers to glory.

This season has just been incredibly unpredictable, even moreso than your typical NFL season. I have a bad feeling that it will still be all for moot, however, given the way the Pats and Colts have been playing. I honestly can't see any team in either conference who could compete with them right now. As Mike mentioned, Dallas looks impressive on offense, but they haven't really faced a good defense yet other than Chicago- and while they lit them up, you could pretty much blame that game on Rex Grossman continually giving them excellent field position. I'm really excited for the Dallas-New England game, since that's essentially the Super Bowl right there, in midseason form.

Carr has two touchdowns this year and one of them should have been a pick, but the CB missed and Smith caught it.

And he is hurt too, so the third stringer is probably their starter.

The bucs also lost Pittman so they are now down to their third string RB as their starter.

The NFC south teams shouldn't panic at all.

Tampa goes 10-6 this year. They'll sweep their division no problem, with every other team being a complete mess. The re-tooled o-line held its own against the Colts d-line yesterday. I think Freeney (who Petitgout's replacement, Donald Penn, was up against) got credit for half a sack, and Garcia had time to throw more often than not. The running game, despite yesterday's abysmal performance, will be all right.

Screw getting new wideouts. Resigning that fucker Haynesworth better be priority numero uno next offseason. I missed the game-winning play he made yesterday but saw it on sportscenter, and that's just the capper on what has so far been a Pro Bowl year for him.

A 350 pound man known for tiring out as the game goes on diving over the damn line of scrimmage at the goal line to tackle the quarterback before he gets a pitch off forcing an eight yard loss.

Screw getting new wideouts. Resigning that fucker Haynesworth better be priority numero uno next offseason. I missed the game-winning play he made yesterday but saw it on sportscenter, and that's just the capper on what has so far been a Pro Bowl year for him.

A 350 pound man known for tiring out as the game goes on diving over the damn line of scrimmage at the goal line to tackle the quarterback before he gets a pitch off forcing an eight yard loss.

Atlanta shouldn't have been calling a toss and Leftwich should have just reached over the goal line, but yeah, I don't care who you are rooting for, that was a jawdropping play honestly.

As for the people thinking Tampas running game will be okay and that they will win 10 games.

What the hell.

They have their THIRD string runningback now. Noone will respect the run and just drop people into the secondary. In the NFC south, Carolina, and Atlanta have strong defenses. So basically it will be a field goal off. I don't see tampa wining for awhile.

The team with the best chance is carolina, as they still have their rushing game, and steve smith, but ugh...they have looked horrible too.

Yeah, have you seen David Carr play for the Panthers this season? They're not going anywhere. I'd say New Orleans has a better chance of pulling it together, but they're already in a pretty deep hole. Tampa's third-string running back, Earnest Graham, is a guy that fans were actually wanting to see more of after he tore up St. Louis's admittedly not-very-good run defense in the 4th quarter of that game. Ken Darby, who I guess is now the second string HB, had a good preseason. Maybe I'm deluding myself, but I think Tampa's running game will be good enough for them to win the NFC South. I'm not suddenly off of the team because they had a couple of injuries and lost at Indianapolis.

I need a screencap of that

"Dallas Cowboys

Aaaaaag"

image off of MNF, at the end of the first quarter.

Yay Romo, keep throwing it to more Bills!