TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gym Class Fallout

NFL Week 5 Fails to Rebuild New Orleans

Do you understand that there is a crowd at the game which can sometimes prevent players from hearing outside noises? Or are you dense? Moreover, this expectation that a play should be instantly stopped when a timeout is called is laughable. Never mind the body's reaction to seeing a signal, and the time it takes to blow a whistle and make one's self be noticed by 22 grown men. I guess 70,000 people are supposed to watch the official at all times. Maybe we should make that a rule too. Everything happens instantly in randomguy's world.

In that case the ref should consider letting the players and fans know instead of keeping it to himself. Novel thought.

I just saw this. What fucking planet are you on, buddy.

I guess that if an official can't whistle a play dead at the exact time a timeout is signaled, the play should keep going. What a fucking idiot you are. I believe it's past your bedtime. A ten year old could understand what I'm trying to say, yet you cannot.

Do you understand that there is a crowd at the game which can sometimes prevent players from hearing outside noises?

No. What is this "crowd" you speak of?

I'm still waiting to hear why the Coach having to throw a flag is a bad idea. I'm sure you have a hundred great reasons for how that would absolutely ruin football as we know it, so let's hear them.

Or are you too much of a giant raging cunt?

This fad will be done shortly. Coaches are just doing it because it worked the first couple of times. What will happen is, a coach will call the timeout before the kick and the kick is missed. Then, the kicker will make the second one and all fans/media will be roasting that coach. No coach will ever do it again.

This fad will be done shortly. Coaches are just doing it because it worked the first couple of times. What will happen is, a coach will call the timeout before the kick and the kick is missed. Then, the kicker will make the second one and all fans/media will be roasting that coach. No coach will ever do it again.

Yeah pretty much. NFL coaches are very very conservative and risk averse. That isn't even the correct term. NFL coaches will purposely do the wrong thing to avoid criticism, that is what I really mean.

The NFL is weird that way, I don't see that in other sports, except for maybe in the NBA draft.

Do you understand that there is a crowd at the game which can sometimes prevent players from hearing outside noises?

I'm still waiting to hear why the Coach having to throw a flag is a bad idea. I'm sure you have a hundred great reasons for how that would absolutely ruin football as we know it, so let's hear them.

By not saying anything when you proposed this, most would assume that I have no problem with it. You certainly do not fit in the category of "most" as we know.

No. What is this "crowd" you speak of?

I sure as shit hope you're kidding.

I'm not having fun with you, I just can't imagine how one can be so stupid.

Cowboy fan, I wouldn't call this win a "miracle", they got lucky getting all of their fuck ups out of their system against an inept team before heading to NE. If this was NE, it'd be 48-7.

I'm wondering if they do it on purpose, like an Easter egg.

They should just make it a regular thing

"ESPN presents the Stephen AAAAAAAAAAAGGG Smith Show"

It's going under the radar, but Mack Strong is retiring. One of the more underrated players of this generation and a big part of Shaun Alexander's record-breaking season two years ago. He didn't play the sexiest position on the field, but he was one of the best at it. Sad to see him go.

The Mack Strong story was mentioned several pages ago.

Also the Cardinals ended up signing Tim Rattay to backup Warner for the season, or (shudder) platoon him.

It's going under the radar, but Mack Strong is retiring. One of the more underrated players of this generation and a big part of Shaun Alexander's record-breaking season two years ago. He didn't play the sexiest position on the field, but he was one of the best at it. Sad to see him go.

Strong was probably the best FB in the past few years, but it wasn't until 04-06 when Alexander was at his peak, thanks to the performance of Strong, Womack and Hutchinson that made Alexander so deadly.

Here's hoping you have Donovan McNabb backing up!

Delhomme and Leinart. I've got trades for JP Losman and Byron Leftwich in the works as we speak.

Yeah it is sad to see what happened to Strong. He's one of the last of a dying breed at fullback (Tony Richardson, Cory Schlesinger, and William Henderson among some of the others who are at or near the end). Lorenzo Neal's one of the few still going strong.