Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Smackdown Spoilers for 10/5

Courtesy PWI....

Nutter Center

Wright State University

Dayton, OH

WWE taped Smackdown before ECW tonight.

Through the hard shot, the place is basically full. Camera side is almost entirely tarped off. This arena only has the one level, no upper bowl. Attendance similar to their last TV here though.

Dark Match:

Major Brothers over Paul Burchill & William Regal

Smackdown:

Out come JBL & Michael Cole.

Batista comes out. He blabs and says nothing significant. Khali interrupts from the back. Again, nothing significant. Batista you don't know what it's like to be with a caged animal.

Chuck Palumbo, with Michelle McCool, over Ace Steel

The match was very short. Immediately after the pin, Chris Masters comes in and puts Chuck in the Master Lock. He passes out and Masters breaks it. PPV Filler anyone?

(Ace just made it to TV in OVW and already he's a Smackdown jobber. Hopefully this doesn't mean doom for his WWE career.)

Jamie Noble over Jimmy Wang Yang.

Floor producer came around and handed out revised run sheets at this point.

Matt Hardy & MVP come out. They have some sort of push up contest and MVP wins. I went to the bathroom.

Tag Team Championship: Matt Hardy & MVP over Deuce & Domino, with Cherry.

Kane over Kenny Dykstra, with Victoria.

In the back, MVP tried to turn the tables on Matt by asking Vickie Guerrero to make a match between Matt and Kane's brother, Undertaker. Instead she said Kane & Undertaker would take on Matt Hardy & MVP at the ppv.

Jesse & Festus over Chad Collyer & Mike Tolar. Apparently their theme song is called Biscuits & Gravy.

Rey Mysterio over Great Khali via DQ. Finlay interfered. Batista ran in for the save. Two PPV match hypes for the price of one!

After that, they changed the set for ECW, even though they just announced tonight's main event as Undertaker v. Mark Henry. I guess it will be a dark match.

There was a dark match between Smackdown & ECW. Funaki beat Mike Kruel.

-----Only thing notable is Kane/Taker v. Hardy/MVP at the ppv added, which is pretty out of the blue to say the least. That pretty much puts Taker on the outs as taking on Orton at the ppv. They might do Masters v. Palumbo at the ppv also, which would suck da fat one.

I'd mark for one more Tag Title run for the Brothers of Destruction, I really hope Ace Steele isnt jobber fodder on Smackdown if he is staying

Courtesy PWI....

Nutter Center

Wright State University

Dayton, OH

WWE taped Smackdown before ECW tonight.

Through the hard shot, the place is basically full. Camera side is almost entirely tarped off. This arena only has the one level, no upper bowl. Attendance similar to their last TV here though.

Dark Match:

Smackdown:

Out come JBL & Michael Cole.

Batista comes out. He blabs and says nothing significant. Khali interrupts from the back. Again, nothing significant. Batista you don't know what it's like to be with a caged animal.

Chuck Palumbo, with Michelle McCool, over Ace Steel

The match was very short. Immediately after the pin, Chris Masters comes in and puts Chuck in the Master Lock. He passes out and Masters breaks it. PPV Filler anyone?

(Ace just made it to TV in OVW and already he's a Smackdown jobber. Hopefully this doesn't mean doom for his WWE career.)

Jamie Noble over Jimmy Wang Yang.

Floor producer came around and handed out revised run sheets at this point.

Matt Hardy & MVP come out. They have some sort of push up contest and MVP wins. I went to the bathroom.

Tag Team Championship: Matt Hardy & MVP over Deuce & Domino, with Cherry.

Kane over Kenny Dykstra, with Victoria.

In the back, MVP tried to turn the tables on Matt by asking Vickie Guerrero to make a match between Matt and Kane's brother, Undertaker. Instead she said Kane & Undertaker would take on Matt Hardy & MVP at the ppv.

Jesse & Festus over Chad Collyer & Mike Tolar. Apparently their theme song is called Biscuits & Gravy.

Rey Mysterio over Great Khali via DQ. Finlay interfered. Batista ran in for the save. Two PPV match hypes for the price of one!

After that, they changed the set for ECW, even though they just announced tonight's main event as Undertaker v. Mark Henry. I guess it will be a dark match.

There was a dark match between Smackdown & ECW. Funaki beat Mike Kruel.

-----Only thing notable is Kane/Taker v. Hardy/MVP at the ppv added, which is pretty out of the blue to say the least. That pretty much puts Taker on the outs as taking on Orton at the ppv. They might do Masters v. Palumbo at the ppv also, which would suck da fat one.

I suspect that two days before this show they realized Taker didn't have a match at No Mercy, and since they can hold off Hardy/MVP till Survivor Series, them vs. BOD made sense.

So no announcement of the No Mercy main event?

They're counting on fan interest and curiosity regarding the WWE title to sell the PPV at this point I suspect.

I don't think they'll announce it until the show itself.

They should go Battle Bowl style. Have all the winners throughout the night compete in a battle royal.

Thats whats the telling point of the show, really. They could always do a segment they throw in there w/ Vince mentioning what will happen, though, I suppose. Chances are its just going to be Orton v. a mystery opponent at the ppv, which is the best way to go anyway. But they should emphasize that is what is going to happen versus being so vague about the situation.

I don't think they'll announce it until the show itself.

They should go Battle Bowl style. Have all the winners throughout the night compete in a battle royal.

It would allow for some typical "whacky mis-matched" partner antics which they've been so fond of.

Thats whats the telling point of the show, really. They could always do a segment they throw in there w/ Vince mentioning what will happen, though, I suppose. Chances are its just going to be Orton v. a mystery opponent at the ppv, which is the best way to go anyway. But they should emphasize that is what is going to happen versus being so vague about the situation.

It does make sense to wait until Friday.

I would love that...

I'm setting my DVR for Friday night to see Ace Steel and Chad Collyer...

No movement of what they are doing with the CW title also, which probably means it is going to be dropped as rumored.

I really hope Ace Steele isnt jobber fodder on Smackdown if he is staying

I have a feeling, they just won't use Steele for awhile. They may have just used him just for the hell of it, like they do with other wrestlers from promotions from towns the WWE is doing a show in.

No movement of what they are doing with the CW title also, which probably means it is going to be dropped as rumored.

Or WWE is more worried about taking care of the WWE title.

I have a feeling, they just won't use Steele for awhile. They may have just used him just for the hell of it, like they do with other wrestlers from promotions from towns the WWE is doing a show in.

Or WWE is more worried about taking care of the WWE title.

I read somewhere a couple of months ago, maybe on Rajah, or another site, that WWE was curious in starting up it's own version of the X-Division, so the CW title was being phased-out. I don't have a direct source for the news, so take it as speculation, and nothing more. It's just a shame they had to discontinue the CW belt when Noble and Wang Yang were actually more or less feuding over who would get the top contender spot.

Well, he is under contract, so it wasn't a case like Collyer who works the local Ohio shows. I'm shocked no one pointed out Burchil and Regal teaming in the dark match. I know it was done just because they were nearby Louisville but I'd really like the idea of Regal bringing Burchil in as his enforcer.

Well, he is under contract, so it wasn't a case like Collyer who works the local Ohio shows. I'm shocked no one pointed out Burchil and Regal teaming in the dark match. I know it was done just because they were nearby Louisville but I'd really like the idea of Regal bringing Burchil in as his enforcer.

Didn't they do that already before Burchill decided he was in fact a pirate?

Not quite. Burchil was just his protege. If Burchil sticks with the Ripper gimmick, he'd be effective in that role.

Not quite. Burchil was just his protege. If Burchil sticks with the Ripper gimmick, he'd be effective in that role.

Eh, I'm not looking to deep into it. It was a dark match and I thought Burchil had been teaming with Dave Taylor as of lates, so maybe Taylor wasn't booked and threw Regal in to take his place.

Um, wasn't Regal on RAW?

and a non wrestling GM?

Then again, its a dark match, so they probably just needed some filler

Jesse & Festus are basically Southern Fired RVD & Kane. I understand all the varying levels of coincidence in that statement.

For some reason I kept seeing RVD in Jesse..and Festus looks just like Snitsky.

Also, did anybody hear Michael Cole right before the last commercial break? "blah blah blah Rey Mysterio vs The Great Khali..and it won't be entertaining at all. (..for Rey.)" lol

I'm watching the show, I almost always get at least a slight kick out of SD. You can't beat the Hardy/MVP feud going on right now. Also, in the new save_us_222 video it included a flash of "Grand Slam".

I don't mind Jesse & Festus, but I hate how WWE sticks something on their shows and then flat out has the announcers scream and yell how entertaining and great it is. It's nothing new, but once again, subtly is not WWE's strong point.