TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Rashad Evans versus Michael Bisping to headline UFC 78

Say someone was poor, or just cheap. Anyone know a good way to see the undercard bouts?

Explain what was pure shit about it.

Edgar vs. Fisher

Just an awful fight. Edgar completely nullified Fisher's striking and Fisher almost completely nullified Edgar's GNP, which resulted in three dull rounds. Don't try to pull that "you don't appreciate the ground game" shit either because nothing happened on the ground. Probably less than three guard passes and only one submission attempt in total from the two of them. There are definitely exciting ground battles that involve GNP and submissions and this wasn't one of them.

Herman vs. Doerksen

Another crappy fight. The highlight was Doerksen's quick triangle application at the end of round 2 but since "we got to see a ko" I guess we're supposed to be content.

Karo vs. Chonan

Even worse than Vera vs. Sylvia.

Silva vs. Alexander

Definitely not a dull fight but it wasn't overly exciting either. Alexander was mounted like less than a minute in so it was pretty easy to tell where it was going. The most impressive thing about the fight to me was actually the ref's call on the replay since I thought it was an early stoppage at first.

Evans vs. Bisping

Just Edgar vs. Fisher again. I didn't even want to hear whatever crap they had to say about their fight in the interviews and I wanted to just turn it off but I knew that Lauzon's sub was coming up.

Lauzon vs. Reinhardt

Great sub. Reinhardt had only fought two fighters with winning records and they were roughly 3-1 and 20-12 so I don't know why people were expecting a great battle in this fight. It ended quickly just like I thought it would.

I consider UFC 73 a solid event and UFCs 74-76 great events. That doesn't mean I'm going to eat shit if the UFC tries to feed it to me. UFC 77 and 78 were definitely not in the same league as those.

Houston Alexander needs to go to a better training camp, he wont get it done training in Nebraska. I want to see him do well, he has a great story, it was ashame to see him lose.

I think YPOV was right in the past saying that Rashad should cut down to 185, I would like to see him in a weight divison where he would have a size advantage.

Edgar is a future LW champion, I would really like to see him and Stevenson fight, it would be a great fight.

And from all account, Tamdan whooped on Gono for the first round but got caught with a cross in the second which lead to that weird (and pretty cool) armbar.

Gono slipped most of Tamdem's strikes sans the knees in the clinch, and actually landed better shots at distance throughout.

Guest Warriorfan

I really thought the UFC had their Tyson in the form of Alexander if he got through Silva. While it is only one loss the aura that was around him has been stripped to the bone.

I wonder where Evans goes from here? They could match him up with Jardine or setup the rematch with Ortiz.

Bisping is fucking horrible. It's frustrating to watch someone who is such a well rounded fighter do nothing. Rashad consistently sneaking the right hand in while Goldberg blowing his load on commentary about what Bisping was trying to land... and a judge actually gave Bisping the fight. Bad.... BAD. When Rashad fights not to lose, you get shit like this. It seems like Bisping isn't going to wake up until the 3rd round when he's in there with someone of comparable talent or might be a little more talented then him.

Thiago Silva will carry Chute Box back to the glory land, and I hope Houston can come back. But I remember that Jardine almost KO'd him like 20 seconds into their fight.

Karo apologized for a shitty performance but that doesn't make my money come back.

I wonder if they would go with Evans/Griffin. But more than likely I see Evans against whoever wins Liddell/Silva. Or he gets Shogun.

I think Evans will most likely fight Ortiz or Matt Hamill.

While the show wasn't awful, I am glad that the local Hooters is always an option to see the show for free(well for the price of a soda). This show had it's moments, but overall I wouldn't have been happy paying $40 for it.

So, while I am not a big fan of Jardine or anything. I wonder if his win over Liddel continues to be ignored, and Evans goes straight to a title shot, or if they at least give Jardine a shot against Evans for the #1 contendership.

So, while I am not a big fan of Jardine or anything. I wonder if his win over Liddel continues to be ignored, and Evans goes straight to a title shot, or if they at least give Jardine a shot against Evans for the #1 contendership.

For the last time, Jardine and Evans are not fighting again.

Guest Warriorfan

I thought a Jardine vs Griffin fight for the No 1 contender spot was tailor made given their great upset victories and their shared history with Jardine's KO win over Griffin.

I would love to see Shogun vs Ortiz. If Shogun wins it establishes him as a real threat once again; if Ortiz wins he gains redemption.

I don't think the Fisher vs. Edgar fight was boring ground fighting. They were both very active. Spencer tried many times to sweep or get up and had good hip movement. But Edgar was just too controlling and always active. He had some good GnP in there too. The fight would have been better if Fisher learned how to wrestle. I was really surprised at how bad he was. If he manages to improve in that aspect of his game it will make a huge difference I think.

I didn't think it was boring until the third round when Fisher gave up.

I don't think he gave up as much as realized going for the same scissor sweep that had failed a dozen times already probably wouldn't do him much good.

http://www.mmabloggen.se/ufc/ufc-78-gono-vs-mccrory-video/

Well, great ground work by Gono in the 2nd round there... a bit of a rookie mistake giving up the arm like that by Tamdan.

Now one point I'd like to make; one of the corner guys for Tamdan... the guy with the perm... his name is Kevin Seamen (yeah, lol) and he taught me boxing and Muy Thai that I took AS MY GYM CLASS at Cornell... not exactly the kind of guy I'm confident seeing in the corner of a UFC fighter. I was actually kind of surprised to see him there. Tamdan needs a new camp. He's 21. He has time to be a superstar. Not going to happen training with the Bomb Squad - I think.