TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Rashad Evans versus Michael Bisping to headline UFC 78

UFC signs battle of unbeaten fighters for November main event

by Dave Meltzer

Rashad Evans vs. Michael Bisping will headline November 17th in Newark, NJ. I guess they got tired of Tito Ortiz not signing the contract.

Well Sherk appeal fucked things up for them, but with Karo/Lombard(JUDO-MANIA!), Edgar/Fisher, and hopefully the return of David Terrell. I'll order it(but then again PPV's cost half price for me :) )

They will most likely add another solid fight for this card, I hope so atleast.

Yeah, I was looking at this card and despite a shite main event, it's still dopestar.

Karo Parysian vs Hector Lombard

Frank Edgar vs Spencer Fisher

David Terrell vs Ed Herman

Joe Lauzon vs Jason Reinhardt

Tamdan McCrory vs Akihiro Gono

Ryo Chonan vs Thiago Alves

GOOOO.

I admittedly don't know much, but I really like Alves and Gono amuses me greatly, so I'm looking forward to this.

Yeah, I was looking at this card and despite a shite main event, it's still dopestar.

David Terrell vs Ed Herman

Joe Lauzon vs Jason Reinhardt

Tamdan McCrory vs Akihiro Gono

Ryo Chonan vs Thiago Alves

GOOOO.

Houston Alexander vs Thiago Silva, also confirmed by UFC.com

Fuck it, this card rules.

Main Card

Rashad Evans vs Michael Bisping

Dave Terrell vs Ed Herman

Houston Alexander vs Thiago Silva

per UFC.com

While it looks like a card of good fights, there isn't one match on the card to sell the ppv. No title match and none of their very top names on the card. Evans who looks so-so against Tito main eventing against Bisping who was given a hometown decision in his last beating...really? Main event?

The matches look good, but I don't expect a big buyrate.

I think this is one instance where you really have to question the scheduling. I mean - obviously time-wise you can't have Serra/Hughes here but it makes all the sense in the world to have that fight in NJ so all of the meathead guidos can come out and support da champ.

Guest False Alarm!

I could've sworn I'd read that Bisping was dropping down to 185? It's still amusing to read that Bisping is the latest "MMA Heel" because of his performance @ 75.

While it looks like a card of good fights, there isn't one match on the card to sell the ppv. No title match and none of their very top names on the card. Evans who looks so-so against Tito main eventing against Bisping who was given a hometown decision in his last beating...really? Main event?

The matches look good, but I don't expect a big buyrate.

I know I've seen too much wrestling when my first thought after reading that Evans v. Bisping was main eventing was, "Hamil comes out and saves Evans from the post-match beat down".

Anyways, I might have to find some place to watch this. I'm not a huge fan of either Evans or Bisping, so watching them pummel each other should be somewhat entertaining. I'll probably be most interested in Houston/Silva though.

I was behind Bisping before UFC 75. He can make all the apologies he wants after the fact, but I want see him get blasted in the face by Rashad.

Reports are now surfacing that Lombard's Visa application isn't going to process in time and he won't be cleared to fight, leaving them to find a new (and hopefully higher-end) opponent for Karo.

Two words, one awesome fight: Marcus Davis.

Fitch's status is up in the air right now. I personally think he's next in line to fight the winner of GSP vs Serra/Hughes but that fight likely won't take place until sometime in the spring/summer of 08, meaning that Fitch's title shot wouldn't come until about a year from now, way too long for somebody to not fight. I say you run Karo vs Davis, winner fights Fitch sometime in March of 2008 with the fight being marketed as a #1 Contenders bout.

I'm having doubts that if Matt Hughes wins the title, he will fight GSP. He's been very vocal about moving up to MW to try to take on Anderson Silva for the belt. I think he vacates the title if he beats Serra, making GSP fight another contender for the vacated title.

No fucking way Hughes gives up the chance to avenge his ass-kicking at the hands of GSP. And no fucking way would Dana let Hughes throw away a huge buyrate in the form of a rematch.

And when lately has he been 'vocal' about moving up to MW? The last time I checked was about a year ago after Anderson crushed Franklin's face and even then Hughes didn't really go in-depth about it.