TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB League Championship Series Thread

This series reminds me so much of the 1996 NLCS with the Cardinals and Braves. STL also went up 3-1 in that series and then finally the Braves woke up and just crushed them the last 3 games with a combined score of like 33-2 or something insane.

In other words, Boston wins the first 2 at home, then the Rockies win 4 in a row from there.

All I have to say is this.

"Red Sox Nation" is more annoying than anything the Yankees and their fans have EVER done. I am an Orioles fan yearning for the days of Yankee dominance :(.

The thing I find silly about these Red Sox fans now is that they are still shown sitting at Fenway almost in a trace with tightly gripped hands, like they are praying or something. I could sorta see that in 2004 during that intense Yankees series, but good grief people you won the World Series. It's okay to just chill the fuck out now and enjoy life.

That is what Manny Ramirez was trying to say a few days ago. Note that after he said that the Red Sox just crushed the Indians into oblivion too.

Until I find a closeup of Papelbon beckoning Varitek over after the final out, this is my new wallpaper:

1193027215_6917.jpg

And we got the Riverdance again.

This is going to be a great World Series.

Edited by KingPK

All I have to say is this.

"Red Sox Nation" is more annoying than anything the Yankees and their fans have EVER done. I am an Orioles fan yearning for the days of Yankee dominance :(.

No. If not for Philly, who are maybe the worst sports fans in the nation (for any of their teams), the Yankees have the most obnoxious fans ever. Boston is just behind them, though. What's awful about Boston is that the fans carry on this air of being persecuted, when the team's payroll is huge and they're perennially in the playoffs, yet they act as if they're always held down.

I'm going to be sick if I have to stomach another Sox World Series victory.

I was posting on another board about the game and I said that even if Lofton ran home, Blake would still hit into the double play. The next poster basically called me a fucking idiot. I'm not totally mistaken on this am I? I guess Gutierrez could have gone for a double, but wasn't there a good chance Ramirez would have thrown to second? I wish I could see the play again to better judge what would have happened.

Lofton was already rounding third when Manny scooped it up so he might have drawn a throw, since Ramirez was pretty shallow, and that would have allowed Gutierrez to go to second. Skinner had like a second to make up his mind and perhaps was concerned about Manny being too shallow to risk a run. That's the life of a third base coach in a critical situation.

I feel bad for the Indians, I really do. They will certainly be back in the mix as early as next year.

EDIT: Even though the game technically ended after midnight, this is the second time (2004) the Sox clinched a pennant on my birthday. Good times.

Edited by KingPK