TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 11/13 - 11/17

Iowa is finished. If we assume that the Big Ten doesn't get a second team in the BCS, Illinios has a very slim shot, they will have seven bids. They currently have eight teams with seven wins or more which will leave either Indiana, Michigan State, or Purdue looking for an open bid (Armed Forces Bowl is likely, Emerald and Texas Bowls also could have one). Hopefully no nightmare scenario happens to the Hoosiers where they get left out in the cold. They haven't been to a bowl game since the 1993 Independence Bowl.

I think Indiana will be the first of the 7-5 teams picked and end up out in Tempe for the Insight Bowl. I'd imagine any bowl would be thrilled to host the inevitable flood of fans who've been waiting 14 years for any postseason game.

Actually it's 32 (if you include the BCS Championship, which it is a bowl to itself), so you'll see the lower half as well especially when six Conference USA teams get to go to bowls.

Can anyone explain how the hell Tennessee is 8-3 and on track to win the SEC East? It seems like I've seen them each time they've sucked hard this year (Cal, Bama, Florida) and also games like the SC game or Vandy when they barely stagger to a win.

UK seriously has to beat the Vols next week for a variety of reasons: The longest win streak aspect, to keep Tennessee from getting stomped to fatal hell by LSU, and also to give us a potentially good SEC title game with LSU vs. Georgia.

Glad to know Georgia would be better competition than Tennessee when the Vols curbstomped UGA(28-0 at half) in the head to head matchup.

I guess Georgia vs. Mississippi State would be the ultimate SEC title Game since both got destroyed by the teams that actually "won" ther divisions.

when are the Bowl Games revealed anyway

When the season is over. Most teams, especially in the Big Ten will have a good idea of where they'll be very soon thanks to locked conference bids.

Actually it's 32 (if you include the BCS Championship, which it is a bowl to itself), so you'll see the lower half as well especially when six Conference USA teams get to go to bowls.

UCF is going bowling this year. That Kevin Smith kid sure is good.

CAR YDS AVG TD

Kevin Smith 310 1768 5.7 22

Bradford's return to the game seems unlikely according to Stoops. Oh well, 17 points to make up in the second half.

Watching this game though makes me reaffirm my hatered of sideline interviews during the course of the game. I don't care about people who played there 50 years ago, just show the game!

Aponavicious is really hurting BC's case out there. I know he has the "he was a fan, now he's our walk-on kicker!" story going, and made a few big kicks last year, but his lack of strength is forcing them to go for it on 4th in normal field goal range. Worse, Clemson's getting short fields on every kickoff cause he can't get the ball inside the 15 off a damn tee.

I take back what I said about White making a Heisman statement. That pitch fumble gives Cincy a chance to get the game within reach and that's exactly what UC does.

After a sluggish game, Ryan tosses a monster TD and BC's up 3 with 54 seconds to go. Overtime much? The second half of this game has been pretty good.

And Aaron Kelly drops a 45-yard game-winning TD for Clemson. Ouuuch.

This Clemson vs BC game is pretty good too.

Clemson just dropped a potentially game winning TD.

Clemson 17

BC 20

0:33 left in the 4th.

4th and 10 for Clemson.

EDIT : Clemson sacked with 5 seconds left. 4th and 14. Gonna be a LONG ass FG if they try it.

EDIT: a 54 yd fg

EDIT: missed short.

Cullen Harper had played a really good game up until that sack. Gotta throw that away; you just put your kicker in hell.

The kick drops about 5 yards short; the sack killed them. Ouch.

At least we don't have to worry about a rematch of LSU vs. OU from 2003 though. I was in horror at thinking about that possibility.

I'm starting to get a vibe that WVU is going to sneak into the title game. They will be #4 and provided they take care of UConn next week (which they should at home) move up to #3 after Missouri/Kansas. At that point WVU can beat down Pitt and watch the SEC and Big 12 title games to see if one of the two teams goes down.

USF 55, U of L 17. Steve Kragthorpe actually managed to top the 2005 disaster in Tampa. Can we please fire this shithead already?