TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 11/20 - 11/24

WELLYEAHNAOWBRENTSCHAAFFERHADTHATFOOTBAWWEJUSDINGETYARDS

0-8 in the SEC. That's pretty gross. Meanwhile, it appears CBS heard my typing and flipped the "good HD" switch. LSU looks very tentative in all phases of the game so far.

Also, Bill Callahan is going out appropriately, blowing a 35-24 halftime lead by giving up 41 to Colorado in the second half.

Guest Vitamin X

3 overtimes! So much for LSU's chance at a national title.

50-48 Arkansas. Awesome game.

And it's over!

West Virginia now controls it's own destiny to get to the BCS Championship. Also we're now an Oklahoma win in the Big XII Championship from Ohio State getting into the title game.

What a second half that was. No one could have predicted that a 7-6 game at halftime would end up 50-48.

So, what are we looking at now? Big XII North winner vs. West Virginia if they both win out?

What a second half that was. No one could have predicted that a 7-6 game at halftime would end up 50-48.

So, what are we looking at now? Big XII North winner vs. West Virginia if they both win out?

I'd say so. I'm glad it's coming down to two teams people didn't really think would make it. (Well now that USC isn't going to make it, that is)

What are the chances of an unbeaten Hawaii making the title game now? I know they still need a couple more losses (WVU and Kansas/Mizzou) to help but assuming that happens, do they have a chance?

What are the chances of an unbeaten Hawaii making the title game now? I know they still need a couple more losses (WVU and Kansas/Mizzou) to help but assuming that happens, do they have a chance?

No. Hawaii won't make the title game unless everyone above them loses their last 2 games. It's not even possible at this juncture.

Zero.

Let's not forget now that Georgia is still alive even with two losses, here's the scenario that would need to play out:

West Virginia loses to UConn

Tennessee loses to Kentucky (sends Georgia to SEC Championship)

Missouri beats Kansas

Georgia beats LSU

Missouri loses to Oklahoma

Ohio State would obviously end up #1 but Georgia would likely finish #2. I'm officially rooting for this to happen as I would love a two loss national champion.

I'm glad LSU is out of the picture. I haven't been a fan of their play all year long and did not want to see them in the national title game. However, it does suck for them to be knocked out of national title contention due to two losses in triple overtime.

Is there still a possibility that if Kansas wins out in the Big 12 that Ohio State could leapfrog West Virginia and get into the title game? The CBS announcers were seeming to salivate at the prospect of Ohio State playing tougher opponents than West Virginia and that they should be able to get into the national title game.

re: CBS salivating for OSU.

Why would anyone want to see OSU in the title game? I get that Ohio State is a bigger name value then WVU but who could honestly say they'd rather see Ohio State?

Is there a way that Kansas could get in even if they lose the Big 12 title game? They'd only have 1 loss and I believe there's precedent for a team making the BCS title game without winning the conference (it was either Oklahoma or Nebraska a few years ago).

Texas A&M beats Texas which clinches the Big XII South for Oklahoma and eliminates the Longhorns from BCS at large consideration. Probably doesn't save Coach Fran's job if all those buyout rumors were true.

Is there a way that Kansas could get in even if they lose the Big 12 title game? They'd only have 1 loss and I believe there's precedent for a team making the BCS title game without winning the conference (it was either Oklahoma or Nebraska a few years ago).

It was Nebraska in 2001 and they failed to even make the conference championship game although that was using a different formula than the current one. It's conceivable if Kansas blows out Missouri and then loses in some heartbreaking or controversial fashion to Oklahoma.

Arkansas is now 8-4, so "unranked" doesn't hold too much water.

McFadden would be saying hello Heisman if not for Tebow's 20-20 year.

As for BCS, my predictions going into Saturday:

1) Kansas/Missouri winner

2) West Virginia

3) LSU

4) Ohio State

5) Kansas/Missouri loser

LSU has two losses Ohio State one, but SEC > Big 10 in a lot of people's eyes, they lost by 2 to a bowl team and by 8 to a bowl team in triple overtime while OSU lost by 7 to a bowl team in regulation. I think LSU edges OSU for #3 but it's by the tiniest of margins (into the third and fourth decimals of the BCS points)