TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread - December 2007

Just heard that Mac-Andre Fleury is out 6-8 weeks. As if the Pens didn't have enough problems in goal.

Nice defensive effort by the Sens tonight, currently shutting out Carolina 3-0. Emery went out with some kind of injury 5 minutes in, though.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

King, what did I miss in the first period? Burish and Stuart must've had some fight.

Chicago fighting - 5 min 15:09, A. Burish

Los Angeles fighting - 5 min 15:09, D. Armstrong

Los Angeles instigator - face shield - 2 min 15:09, B. Stuart

Los Angeles misconduct - 10 min 15:09, B. Stuart

Los Angeles fighting - 5 min 15:09, B. Stuart

Los Angeles game misconduct - 10 min 15:09, D. Armstrong

Chicago charging - 2 min 15:09, T. Ruutu

Chicago fighting - 5 min 15:09, T. Ruutu

Chicago game misconduct - 10 min 15:09, A. Burish

Los Angeles game misconduct - 10 min 15:09, B. Stuart

Just heard that Mac-Andre Fleury is out 6-8 weeks. As if the Pens didn't have enough problems in goal.

Nice defensive effort by the Sens tonight, currently shutting out Carolina 3-0. Emery went out with some kind of injury 5 minutes in, though.

I think Emery had a sore hip.

The solution to Pittsburgh's problem: Curtis Joseph.

King, what did I miss in the first period? Burish and Stuart must've had some fight.

Chicago fighting - 5 min 15:09, A. Burish

Los Angeles fighting - 5 min 15:09, D. Armstrong

Los Angeles instigator - face shield - 2 min 15:09, B. Stuart

Los Angeles misconduct - 10 min 15:09, B. Stuart

Los Angeles fighting - 5 min 15:09, B. Stuart

Los Angeles game misconduct - 10 min 15:09, D. Armstrong

Chicago charging - 2 min 15:09, T. Ruutu

Chicago fighting - 5 min 15:09, T. Ruutu

Chicago game misconduct - 10 min 15:09, A. Burish

Los Angeles game misconduct - 10 min 15:09, B. Stuart

Ruutu creamed Visnovsky on a hit. Stuart goes after Ruutu. Armstrong goes after Burish. Stuart's fight was just wrestling, Armstrong's fight was decent, but not many punches thrown.

I still don't know what to think about our team. I love them, but hate them. Brown and Kopitar are going to be superstars. Outside of them and a few others, I hate this team with a passion.

Remember how Miikka Kiprusoff was ready to turn the corner on his poor play as of late?

Nope. Calgary wins 9-6. My perennial pool captain Jarome Iginla with a hat trick and an assist, Kristian Huselius with a hattie and two points. Only three of the 15 combined were on a man-advantage. But, Kipper does get the win and played the whole game! His Tampa counterpart Johan Holmqvist allowed four goals on six shots. I really really really really really want to watch Tortorella's post-game. A slip-up on The Score Tonight (Two hat tricks in the same game? When was the last time that happened? Oh, it was Tuesday?) leads into this:

Anyone watching the Mitsubishi Performance tourney they're doing? It's still in the balloting stage but it seems pretty cool; Best individual performance of all time is up for debate in a March Madness-style bracket.

The Ducks traded Andy McDonald for Doug Weight. What an awful deal, even within the guidelines they needed to follow to clear cap space.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
The Ducks traded Andy McDonald for Doug Weight. What an awful deal, even within the guidelines they needed to follow to clear cap space.

Since when did Scott Niedermayer become worth all this?

Scott Neidermayer's laziness has cost them Andy McDonald, and possibly Corey Perry after the season. Congrats!

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

Do they, like, not know that there's other really old defensemen out there they could get?

Go bring Paul Coffey out of retirement or something. At least you wouldn't lose a bunch of good young players to sign him.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
I guess it serves Brian Burke right for all his whining last summer.

I still find it hilarious that people list the Vanek contract as being the worst ones in the world. It's not like he was an unrestricted free agent and the team decided on its own to give him that much money.

Still, I agree with you, heh. Penner was a funny one. You having cap troubles? We'll offer your RFA a contract you can't match! Suck it, Trebek!

Come on, guys! This is all a clever ploy to make the Ducks Dynasty that much sweeter! GO GO BESTERN CONFERENCE~!

Ahahahahaha.... Sorry. Had to be said. Anyways, I've been telling every Duck guy on every board I'm on that this is the worst thing that could happen to them, and I still don't think it's set in. I honestly don't see Niedermeyer playing next season, especially with the team in the shape it's in. People talk about class, but the classiest thing he could have done was not force Burke into getting Schneider at a price higher than he's worth by telling him he was going to definitively come back or not, and then come back and force the guys to get rid of talent that would otherwise be there for a little while.

It's not uncommon to see championship teams come apart, but the saga of the 2007-08 Ducks is so tragic it's hard to believe it's really happening.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
Bob Clarke.

Kari Lehtonen has looked awful in tonights Leafs v. Thrashers game

Choo-choo!

You hear that?

That's the Johan Hedberg train. Get the fuck off the tracks.

Bob Clarke.

Choo-choo!

You hear that?

Yeah, get off the tracks. Because it's going to derail not far from where it passed.

Bob Clarke.

Choo-choo!

You hear that?

Yeah, get off the tracks. Because it's going to derail not far from where it passed.

lol, max.

So this trade obviously hurt the Ducks, but from the Blues standpoint, does this trade make them a whole lot better, or just the same?

Bob Clarke.

Choo-choo!

You hear that?

lol, max.

So this trade obviously hurt the Ducks, but from the Blues standpoint, does this trade make them a whole lot better, or just the same?

slightly improved, at best.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

2656.jpg Choo-choo! Seriously, watch out.

So what if it derails? Will that be more upsetting than watching Kari "Best goaltender prospect in history... wait, why is he sucking?" Lehtonen play?

2656.jpg Choo-choo! Seriously, watch out.

So what if it derails? Will that be more upsetting than watching Kari "Best goaltender prospect in history... wait, why is he sucking?" Lehtonen play?

I'm just warning you. There's a reason why Hedberg has played for four teams in six years.

hedbergtrain.jpg

In other news, Alex Auld is 4-1-0 for the Bruins with a 1.4/.955.

Sure I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Chuck Kobasew leads the team in goals? Glen Murray is skating like his feet aren't made of cement? Lucic is getting a reputation around the league and backing it up? Great. Still waiting for the colossal slide.