TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread - December 2007

Two wins in a row. Something is going right in Montreal.

And depends on which Leaf fan you talk to, McCabe is out six weeks with a broken wrist.

Last in the league. Well, it took long enough. As for the Wild, I can't believe they're first in their division. They may have won, but any team that gets outplayed by the Kings at this stage in the season is a joke.

I can't fathom how scoring can be down when every goddamn night now people are hitting 3+ points. Lupul is just ridiculous right now, Kristian Huselius had 5 points tonight and Jarome Iginla had 4. This week has been mind boggling in terms of multiple point performances.

I can't fathom how scoring can be down when every goddamn night now people are hitting 3+ points. Lupul is just ridiculous right now, Kristian Huselius had 5 points tonight and Jarome Iginla had 4. This week has been mind boggling in terms of multiple point performances.

There's a handful of interesting stats to come out of this game as well:

- Keenan earns his 600th win.

- With the five goals, Calgary moves into second in goals for in the West. Only Detroit have more.

- Iginla's four points put him in second for the Ross trophy, and a tie for second for the Richard. He's two and three back in both categories.

- I might be one game off on this, but this is the first five-game winning streak on the road for the Flames since 87-88. The best thing about that? Potentially lots of clips of Lanny MacDonald and his inspirational stache on SportsCentre.

And another Ducks-Sharks game passes me by. I've gotten over the withdrawl, but still, the bitter taste of the memories of games past is embedded in my taste buds. It's almost as if these games aren't even happening without my previews.

Good effort by the Habs tonight. Price looks to be getting back into a groove after a mini bout of inconsistancy.

Agreed but he needs to be at the top of the crease not in the crease.

Guest NYankees
So how long is Chris Simon out for this time around?

10 Games at least, but no more than 15.

Try 30 games as reported on espn.com.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

Crazy Charles Wang apparently won't let him back until he's gotten his issues sorted out.

Alternately, he could just trade Simon to the Flyers who I'm certain would give him plenty of opportunities to keep intentionally hurting people.

From yesterday, and apparently the ghost of Bill Wirtz is making this trade.

Jim Vandermeer is traded to Philly for a pointless Ben Eager.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

Savard didn't like Vandermeer because he's lazy, so I saw this one coming. The Blackhawks are so terrible right now, I'm ashamed to even read this thread. So much for that whole thing, huh. Good to know that the Hawks are committed to kicking me in the balls as a fan through the winter months till the Cubs come back.

Gaborik scores five in Minny's victory. I'm drunk - don't remember who (I worked nights this week, I'm allowed). First five goal performance since Fedorov 11 years ago.

Leafs blow it in the third....again. And the Habs win 5-2 over the Caps, at the price of a nearly 20-shot difference....again.

Anyone check out Sidney Crosby dropping the gloves for the first time in his career against the Bruins last night? Kid held his own.

I definitely wouldn't have expected Crosby to ever get a Gordie Howe hat trick. He looked good, though.

And Tied Gordie Howe for a Gordie Howe hat-trick

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

Today's Winners and Losers in the NHL:

Winners: Marian Gaborik's goal total

Losers: Andrew Ference's respect level from other players and fans

Really? It rose for me.

"I'm glad I could help him out with the assist, goal, and the fight," said Ference with a smile.

Add in that Crosby couldn't be a man and take his visor off and I think Ference didn't look all that bad. He finished his check and shoved Crosby back.

Guest Moots

I give Ference credit for actually fighting Crosby, I think alot of guys would have backed out of that situation, I mean who wants to be the guy who gives the Golden Boy of hockey an early career concussion.....

Also obviously Iginla has been on bloody fire, but I, as always am impressed by Kristian Huselius who has been solid as of late, thanks for letting him go Florida.

Really? It rose for me.

"I'm glad I could help him out with the assist, goal, and the fight," said Ference with a smile.

Add in that Crosby couldn't be a man and take his visor off and I think Ference didn't look all that bad. He finished his check and shoved Crosby back.

Ference didn't take off his visor/helmet either... it got knocked off.

Crosby held his own though. Earned some respect from people around the league too. 1 fight every 3 years or so.. I'm ok with.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
You guys aren't going to believe this, but Martin Havlat injured himself and is out of the game against the Sens.

The Ironman's streak comes to an end?

And yo, seriously, if you are the kind of person who's willing to fight other players (and Andrew Ference is), and you get beat up by Sidney Crosby, how does that not lower your respect level?

Next thing you know, Jaromir Jagr will knock him out.

It didn't help that Crosby hit Ference helmet which caused him to bleed. I think Ference was caught off guard on Crosby dropping the gloves. Give them a full tilt, Crosby wouldn't stand a chance (and most likely embelish it too).

New Habs strategy. Anytime Montreal goes into a shootout with Huet, change the goalie, or if not, through in Huets equipment in net instead.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise
You guys aren't going to believe this, but Martin Havlat injured himself and is out of the game against the Sens.

Luckily, Jonathan Toews stayed in the game to win it in overtime. woooooo cubbieeeeeeeeeeeeessss haaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwksssss

Maybe we're back up to 13th place now!

Guest Randall Keith Orton

Hey, someone is forcing me to hate the Blackhawks as much as the Ravens.