TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Smartly Pretty

2008 NFL Draft Thread

Maybe you don't like Moore, but your alternatives are bringing 45-year-old Testaverde out of retirement or David Carr. If they take a QB they take one in rounds 4-7 (I'd guess round 4, that seems to be the reach round).

Carolina needs to either revamp their o-line for the slash & dash running style of Foster & Williams, or they need to get themselves a power running back. They also need a #2 wide receiver, and Colbert, Keyshawn & Jarrett have shown that they need to stay as far away from USC products as possible. A tight end couldn't hurt, either.

The Jags will grab an offensive tackle. Because Khalif Barnes sucks.

I think they'll pick up a wide-out, because they kind of have no one.

The Jags will grab an offensive tackle. Because Khalif Barnes sucks.

I think they'll pick up a wide-out, because they kind of have no one.

That would be a good idea too.

For the above mentioned question about Flacco...

I kinda compare him to Jay Cutler, actually. Decent mobility to avoid the rush, a rocket arm and ability to make plays, but a bit iffy when it comes to accuracy and decision making.

Carolina needs to either revamp their o-line for the slash & dash running style of Foster & Williams, or they need to get themselves a power running back. They also need a #2 wide receiver, and Colbert, Keyshawn & Jarrett have shown that they need to stay as far away from USC products as possible. A tight end couldn't hurt, either.

Hey now, Keyshawn played pretty damn well for them.

No comment on the other two.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I kinda compare him to Jay Cutler, actually. Decent mobility to avoid the rush, a rocket arm and ability to make plays, but a bit iffy when it comes to accuracy and decision making.

Flacco. Sounds like a Chicago Bear kinda name.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

Flacco. Sounds like a Chicago Bear kinda name.

Nah, it needs to be Central European. Halas, Nagurski, Luckman, Butkus, Ditka, O'Bradovich, Urlacher, (ugh, even) Grossman (the Bearness of his name makes him all the more tragic). But then again, we have Doug Buffone and Brian Piccolo to consider. Man, Ben Roethlisberger would've been a great Bear.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Guy IS big. Bet he can shrug off hits well. Hopefully he sticks around enough in the second round for the Bears to grab him.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

Sounds like a good pick to me. Nice solid game manager who still has a strong arm. I'll take him. Orton didn't look completely terrible after all, but some of those deep passes looked like big soft lobs to me.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Ok, so here's what I think the Bears should do in the offseason, officially. I won't go into late draft rounds since I admittedly don't know what the hell is going on there. In order of importance, omitting coaching changes.

1. Sign Michael Turner

2. Draft O-line or Safety in the first round

3. Sign Al Faneca

4. Let every single free agent walk except Ayenbadejo and maybe Briggs.

5. Draft that Joe Flacco

Possible 6: What are the odds Dallas retains Ken Hamlin?

Flacco will last to the third round unless he lights it up at the combine. The guy can throw a bullet on the run, can throw the ball deep, is really big and mobile but he does have a few problems.

#1: He hasn't realized that quarterbacks should slide and not try to go one on one with a linebacker in a hit contest.

#2: He will try to fit balls into areas he shouldn't sometimes.

#3: He loves, and I mean LOVES, to throw the ball all the way to the other side of the field.

#4: The word "touch pass" doesn't exist if the receiver is 10 yards from him, he is going to tattoo the ball into the receiver.

All of his faults though are actually quick fixes and he is cool under pressure. Truthfully Dave telling him he'd never start at Pittsburgh (which led to him leaving) may have been the stupidest thing he ever did.

Brohm, Booty, Ryan, Henne will all go before him so he should be safely there in the third round. Honestly if I'm the Dolphins, I'm grabbing him in the third before the Bears can.

Kiper has Mike Hart rated better than McFadden? I don't see that at all.

Hands maybe. Everything else, I am confused by that completely.

There you go. Thanks a lot, MFer.

He has Dennis Dixon in his top 25. I don't know if I see him being a solid pro quarterback.

I agree 2Gold, I think he will go as the 5th QB after Henne, unless somebody absolutely loves him. Buzz around him kind of reminds me of Trent Edwards last year. I think he could go late 2nd round.

He has Dennis Dixon in his top 25. I don't know if I see him being a solid pro quarterback.

Dixon will go fifth or sixth round at best. He has a Troy Smith element about him that will make a team that doesn't really need a quarterback to take a look at him. He could end up a receiver before it's all over in the same vein as Matt Jones.

Dammit! I KNEW I would forget him. Woodson will be gone before Flacco as well. About the only way Flacco gets higher than the third is a amazing combine. If he is still on the board after the third round, I will be stunned.

Dixon will go fifth or sixth round at best. He has a Troy Smith element about him that will make a team that doesn't really need a quarterback to take a look at him. He could end up a receiver before it's all over in the same vein as Matt Jones.

He might even go later than that, what with the knee injury and all.

Hey now, Keyshawn played pretty damn well for them.

No comment on the other two.

I agree, but I don't think they signed him to a four-year deal with the intent of having him retire (I know they released him before he retired, but considering his season I don't see why they'd release him unless they knew he had no intention of returning to play the following season and wanted the cap room cleared)