TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 80: Rapid Fire

I'm getting the HD file now... Can't wait to rewatch some of these matches in good quality.

Sub of the night: BJ (only sub)

KO: Gouveia (I personally would have given it to Marcus Davis)

Fight of the Night: Paul Kelly/Paul Taylor

That show was fucking awesome, as good as anything they've put on since UFC 74. Nothing sucked. Three "YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT" moments to start us off, sweet battle of the Paul's, Gonzaga/Werdum was kinda sad to watch but not a bad fight and seeing Joe play in survival mode against BJ was great. Sooooooo much blood.

Oh, and STOUT~! Don't care if it wasn't a good fight. STOUT!!~ Punch that ticket to Montreal!

Gonzaga folding faster than me with 7-2 off-suit was pretty bad. Akin to Kendall with his chin, GG is a guy with all the talent to be a top guy but having a fatal flaw that could keep him from fulfilling his potential.

BJ vs. Sherk is such a good fight. Sherk could not have looked more nervous infront of the camera.

Awesome. A dailymotion search for "Kendall Grove" and all of the fights in the results have him being knocked out or choked out. I assumed that his fight against Belcher was on there since it was his best performance.

The show was great. More excitement on this card then a lot of the bigger cards I have ordered at my house. Thank goodness for Hooters for showing all the UFC PPVs because it enables me to see the shows that I can't get enough interest in from friends to come over to watch.....

There is an MMA gear vendor booth setup outside my local Hooters, he had some Tapout, Warrior, Sinister, Team Punishment etc etc merchandise for sale and he said Hooters wants him there for every show. If I would have known ahead of time I would have brought some cash with me......

It's kinda lame to wear fight gear if you don't train, and still pretty lame even if you do.

Please explain yourself. That's equivalent to saying "It's pretty lame to wear Under Armour or Nike when you're working out."

That show was fucking awesome, as good as anything they've put on since UFC 74. Nothing sucked. Three "YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT" moments to start us off, sweet battle of the Paul's, Gonzaga/Werdum was kinda sad to watch but not a bad fight and seeing Joe play in survival mode against BJ was great. Sooooooo much blood.

Oh, and STOUT~! Don't care if it wasn't a good fight. STOUT!!~ Punch that ticket to Montreal!

I D/L'd the fight, but haven't watched it yet. Was it really that bad?

Well I could see it being lame if I bought a pair of MMA-gloves and wore those around town....lol. However buying a t-shirt or a hoodie is no different then buying a football jersey or a band shirt.

Now at the same time I see the point of "typical assholes thinking they are tough" because, yeah I know plenty of gym rats who would buy a Tapout or Team Punishment shirt and think because they have muscles and are wearing an MMA shirt, that they are a tough guy, but anyone that knows me, knows that I am the complete opposite of that, I just like the designs on some of the brands. The owner of the company that runs the booth told me he is shying away from Tapout anyway because they can be found at Hot Topic and Tillys and he can't compete with the wholesale rates they get as a company. Also Extreme Couture will only give him $3 less then retail so he doesn't carry that brand yet.....

There are some nice Affliction shirts out there but I can't justify the price tag on them. Plus they seem kinda pretentious in the "Yeah, I watch MMA" kinda attitude they project.

*Puts on Fedor t-shirt*

You know, I don't really consider Affliction an MMA brand. They were smart tapping into that market due to the style of their clothing, but they do a lot of other stuff besides MMA.

The price tag is hard to swallow but I have a GSP t-shirt and three non-UFC branded hoodies. They usually get good compliments but the price on the hoodies was about 3-5x what I would normally spend on a similar shirt.

After my desire to wear my Tapout shirts evaporated, I thought I'd be relatively safe with a Team Fokai shirt.

So of course, cue Dana wearing one on every other episode of TUF.

I own.....

- UFC camo t-shirt

- UFC vintage t-shirt with the SEG logo

- Chute Boxe t-shirt

- Fedor "Last Emporer" t-shirt

- "Canadian Fighter" t-shirt

Really want to get the power-blue Affliction t-shirt GSP was rocking after he raped Hughes but I really don't want to pay that much.

Warrior wear has some decently-priced shirts(Of course the coolest ones with the trees is the most expensive), and most of their beanies are reversable so it is nice getting two designs for the price of one.

Affliction is just ridiculous, $50 for a fucking t-shirt. I mean COME THE FUCK ON. Same with Extreme Couture

Agreed. I don't know if selling t-shirts is a priority for them, or they just think these silly mma fans will pay anything

Well I have noticed that a lot of these MMA clothing companies are based out of Southern California, so maybe a lot of their clients are the young, rich, yuppie, gym rats that have the money to spend and just love to look like badasses wearing MMA gear. If that is the case then fine, but they aren't going to be able to expand much outside of that customer base.

Warrior wear has some decently-priced shirts(Of course the coolest ones with the trees is the most expensive), and most of their beanies are reversable so it is nice getting two designs for the price of one.

Affliction is just ridiculous, $50 for a fucking t-shirt. I mean COME THE FUCK ON. Same with Extreme Couture

Affliction isn't a tee shirt company, it's designer clothing. Other clothing designers (the names you all already know) charge a lot more. Buy a t-shirt from FCUK, Billionaire Boys Club, etc. and they are $50 or more.

They ARE quality shirts and they are probably nicer than you think.

Randy was wearing one of the hoodies I own in the Fedor shoot. It was $140 but well, well worth it. Very heavy and nice.

randy-couture-and-fedor-emelianenko.jpg

In the same manor, a lot of the Affliction stuff is a little too "skull and bones" for me. They just came out with some jewlery recently and they're trying to charge like $400+ for dogtags and shit... that's where I draw the line.