TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Smackdown Spoilers for 1/11/08

First segment: Vickie Guerrero interview. We get Rey Misterio, Edge, then Chavo Guerrero. Mostly stuff about Edge, Eddie Guerrero, etc. Vickie sets up Chavo vs. Rey for later in the show.

Jamie Noble d. Chuck Palumbo. Palumbo screams at Michelle after the loss, drawing out Noble again. This closing segment was re-taped.

Batista d. MVP by countout. MVP vs. Ric Flair is set for the Royal Rumble.

Undertaker d. Mark Henry & Matt Stryker in a handicap match, pinning Stryker following a tombstone piledriver. Big Daddy V attempted to attack the Undertaker following the match, but Taker fought off him and Henry.

Vince McMahon with Hornswaggle & Finlay. Since Hornswaggle is in the Rumble, Finlay is as well.

Hornswaggle d. Dalip Singh in an arm wrestling match. Finlay used some type of shock device hooked to the arm wrestling table to help Hornswaggle win.

Kane d. Domino

Rey Mysterio d. Chavo Guerrero. A few blown spots in this one so it might be interesting to see any edit job. Edge did commentary for the match and attacked Rey after the win.

Dark Matches

Pre: Kofi Kingston & Funaki d. the Highlanders

WO.com spoilers note that Finlay told McMahon that putting Hornswoggle in the Rumble violates some deal Finlay was never supposed to mention. Any mention of MVP vs. Flair being title / non-title? I'm guessing nothing was stated since the WO version doesn't specify either.

WO.com spoilers note that Finlay told McMahon that putting Hornswoggle in the Rumble violates some deal Finlay was never supposed to mention. Any mention of MVP vs. Flair being title / non-title? I'm guessing nothing was stated since the WO version doesn't specify either.

Correct on the Finlay/McMahon stuff. No mention on MVP/Flair, all we saw was an on-screen graphic.

Let me elaborate on those WO.com spoilers.

Jamie Noble defeated Chuck Palumbo with a crucifix after a fairly underwhelming match. Afterwards, Chuck blames Michelle McCool for the loss and yells at her in the corner until Noble chases him off. (Note: They did a retape of the end of this segment later on in the show. No idea why.)

I liked the match. They retaped the end segment because one, Michelle talked on the microphone the second time when she didn't the first time. Second, Noble charged the ring the second time when he just glared in the aisle the first time. That's why.

Undertaker defeats Mark Henry and Matt Striker in a handicapped match via tombstone piledriver on Striker. This was a glorified squash. Big Daddy V came out afterwards and this led to a 2 on 1 beatdown of the Deadman.

Except that the Undertaker turned back both men, though I'm not sure when they'll stick the commercial break.

Earlier in the show, Mr. McMahon, Hornswaggle, and Finlay were backstage. Vince talked up Hornswaggle's chances of winning the Royal Rumble. Finlay said it was not safe for Hornswaggle to be in the Rumble and that Vince wasn't "living up to their deal." Vince said Finlay promised never to mention it again.

Hornswaggle defeated Runjan Singh in an arm wrestling match. Great Khali attacked Finlay after the match.

And Finlay hit Khali with a chair. Khali hit Finlay with a kick and Finlay bled (hardway) from that.

Kofi Kingston and Funaki defeated the Highlanders in a pre-show dark match. Kingston was way over and the match was halfway decent.

Halfway decent? The match was GOOD.

^^^ Badass.

I have a GREAT, up-close (from 2nd row) shot of the Undertaker climbing the ring steps at the last Smackdown before Armageddon 2004. I'll have to post it sometime.