TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xavier Cromartie

American Idol (season 7)

Hey Kinetic, Neil Diamond owns your face. They had plenty to work with, don't blame Neil that these no talent ass clowns fucked it up.

I think that the bottom obviously is some combo of Castro, Brooke and Syesha. Castro might be the odd man out this week.

Castro and Archuleta are the only two whose performances make me visibly angry at the moment. Of those two, it's only reasonable to think that Castro is going anywhere anytime soon, so I think he's getting the boot tonight. Brooke isn't getting any better, but she's still quite nice to look at. Her time will come next week. Syesha actually does seem to be getting better, but I don't think she stands a chance against either of the two Davids. I don't know that it matters all that much, but next week being Tiny Tim week probably favors Archuleta.

next week is Tiny Tim week? Jesus...

I know Syesha won't beat the David's, but losing to Brooke and Castro is ridiculous. Chick-EZ was better than Castro, his problem is he's an overweight black guy and America won't make THAT mistake again!

next week is Tiny Tim week? Jesus...

I know Syesha won't beat the David's, but losing to Brooke and Castro is ridiculous. Chick-EZ was better than Castro, his problem is he's an overweight black guy and America won't make THAT mistake again!

Yeah, I wonder what happened to that guy? I mean, he's not doing Broadway like Clay Aiken or several other former contestants. Give the guy the "send me home" song, or something...

I pondered the lack of 90s week earlier in the season, but then came to this realization. Most of the pop stuff from the 90s is basically the same as the 80s (instead of 80s Whitney, someone does The Bodyguard songs), or someone sings Mariah Carey or Celine Dion. The genres that were unique to the 1990s, that defined the era were things like grunge/alt rock and gangsta rap. And I can't see Idol contestants doing much of that.

David Archuleta does Nothin But a G Thang...next time on 90s week!

Songs that inspired Rock N' Roll.

So that would basically be Chuck Berry, Little Richard etc.

Good God, Archie's gonna go all Pat Boone on a song...

Maybe someone will bust out some good blues. Leadbelly or Robert Johnson or any of that old hard shit.

Oh wait, they'll have 7 Elvis songs and 1 person singing Johnny B. Goode.

So, think David Cook is gonna do the White Stripes version of Death Letter Blues or John the Revelator?

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot they do two songs. He can do both!

Maybe someone will bust out some good blues. Leadbelly or Robert Johnson or any of that old hard shit.

Oh wait, they'll have 7 Elvis songs and 1 person singing Johnny B. Goode.

Yeah, I'm not sure that I understand the theme "Songs That Inspired Rock and Roll." Are they going to be doing pre-rock blues and country? Or just early rock?

In any event, this really favors David Cook. God knows what Archuleta's going to butcher.

She's been a lot better recently. Again, it doesn't really matter because there's no way she's outlasting either of the Davids, but she'll end up being top 3 when Castro gets the boot this week. I definitely didn't expect that when the season started.

Yeah, I'm not sure that I understand the theme "Songs That Inspired Rock and Roll." Are they going to be doing pre-rock blues and country? Or just early rock?

"Songs that Inspired Rock and Roll" is basically 50's R&B. Or, the music style Elvis stole (for lack of a better word) to become popular.

I'm still a bit pissed about Carly being booted while Jason survives on despite wearing out his welcome a month ago. Syesha has been improving lately Ill give her that. This is cooks thing to win unless he gets "daughtreyed" off next week. David A has been grating on my nerves lately, but he gets alot of votes and has talent for sure, but David C is the one contestant whos clearly ready to be a recording artist.

the real question is how stupid is it to have them do two songs when the show is an hour long. just let them do one song, longer than usual maybe 2.5 mins or so.

So tonight's theme is actually "The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame," which is incredibly broad and doesn't really favor anyone. Rumor has it that Castro will be doing "I Shot the Sheriff" and "Mr. Tambourine Man." He's presumably doing the Byrds version of the latter.

Man, they let Castro HAVE IT! As well they should have.

David Cook was bland as shit.

Syesha was good, but I can agree with Simon on her basically doing an imitation job.

and of course, they gush over Puke-uletta...I just don't see it...dammit I just don't see why! Bland, nothing special, wooden...it's like watching Hayden Christiansen.

Wow. I don't know that I've seen someone crash and burn on "American Idol" in the way that Jason Castro did tonight. The Bob Marley thing was an awful imitation that totally exposed his weaknesses as a singer, and he followed that up by fucking up a pretty well-known lyric on "Mr. Tambourine Man." I can't imagine him surviving tomorrow night. Cook kind of sucked tonight, too. "Baba O'Reilly" isn't really the kind of song that lends itself to a minute-and-a-half overview. As much as it pains me to say it, Archuleta was probably the best of the bunch tonight.

nobody ever gets to compare their "change" in their pissy little tv fame with the change that sam cooke was talking about. ESPECIALLY if they're black. i hope she gets shot later tonight by the manager of the building she's staying in.

Yeah I noticed that too and it was a spur of the moment emotional goog from Syesha, but what the hell. At this point I'm with Lushus I think...Syesha is performing the best of everyone. The judges keep slagging her mainly because they don't want another black chick to win.

Jason Castro is in total "I don't give a fuck" mode. I've said for weeks on here that this wasted moron needs to hit the road yet he keeps somehow surviving while more deserving people are eliminated. Tonight he finally flat out crashed and burned in a way I haven't seen anyone do on Idol, especially not in the FF.

according to my fiance (who reads up on all this religiously), castro is quoted as saying he wants to go home. while seacrest was advertising castro's numbers, you could see castro mouthing "don't vote."