TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Heath Ledger dead

Brad Renfro's death didn't surprise me given his past history with drugs. This however is completely left field and unexpected. Coming up on one of the biggest roles of his career and probably the most anticipated performance this year only to have him drop dead. This is absolutley sad and indeed The Dark Knight will be an even bigger box office smash.

Holy fucking shit. That's a shitty thing to find out when you go home.

So, as the media has told us

Steroids turn wrestlers into murderers

And crazy dark roles can make actors kill themselves

On the Next Nancy Grace....

However, on the subject at hand this is sad, RIP.

Well done, Failed.

I also like how it appears that Hawk 34 changed dubq's name to "dumb" when he quoted him and Yuna.

Which is odd considering he's agreeing with me.

I just now heard about this.

Totally caught me off guard. I saw something saying "Heath's family says he did not commit suicide" and I went "...what? Heath? There's only a few of those..." and then went looking.

Damn shame. It'll be really sad if it comes out it was an accidental overdose of sleeping pills or something to that effect.

How many sleeping pills would one need to take accidentally to die?

Benadryl = my sleep aid the 3-4 times a year I'm sick.

Could've mixed it with booze and not thought anything of it. Who knows really.

28. Damn...dude was my age.

Yeah...when your heart stops working at 28...it's drugs.

Damn shame.

While I doubt this is the case here given the evidence that has been released, my heart could stop working any day now due to the heart condition I was born with (Im 25) and I have never done drugs, so you would be wrong with that blanket statement...

It sucks its going to screw up the new Batman release or at least make it harder to watch..but whatever.

Well, fuck it, I'll admit that I love A Knight's Tale.

I was really looking forward to his Joker interpretation, as well. I don't get upset at celebrity deaths but I'm not exactly pleased with this news.

Depends on the strength of the pill. Two to three can kill someone from some of the stronger brands.

If he had more than three times the normal dosage in his system, gotta go suicide. Three pills is possible, more than three and you are looking for death not a good night sleep.

That's Marvin for you. Worried about the release of the movie or his ability to enjoy it and making sure that we know he could drop dead at any second.

Edit: I have to say I'm shocked and happy that no one made a stupid "I can't quit you" joke.

EOnline is ripping him.

So Long, Pop

It was hardly a surprise. The very first thing a good amiga to Heath Ledger, who died Tuesday afternoon, said to me, was, “He was a big-time druggie—he OD'd.” So far, the police aren’t confirming this, only saying drugs played a part in the 28-year-old player’s demise. Stay tuned, fer sure. It’s no secret to followers of this column, not to mention most every salacious endeavor online these days, that Heath had been feelin’ no pain, as of late, after diving, addiction-first, into a postbreakup babe-tour. Of course, the real get-down spiral began after things went sour with Heath’s ex, Michelle Williams.

“It’s very sad Heath’s little daughter, Matilda, wont know him,” added the Ledger chum, who then went on to lament the loss of Ledger’s participation in the selling of The Dark Knight. Well, that’s all good and pro-Hollywood, but I could give a crap about the movie stuff, at this desultory point. Look what the hell’s going on with Britney. Folks are so consumed (this columnist, included) with whether or not a performer’s still on the cutting edge, we’re forgetting it’s often a life-and-death sitch these people are in. Brad Renfro, anybody?

Never forget the time I saw Heath Ledger go into a bathroom stall with prima donna party girl Tara Reid at a club. From the Oscars to the toilets. Amy Winehouse, get your ass into shape, babe, we can’t afford to lose you, too. Oh, and is all this hellish drug-addled insanity the reason Whitney Houston just became a born-again Christian? Wouldn’t surprise moi.

But I liked him as an actor. I always thought he took some shitty ass roles though.

Convo with my friend Tom:

Mole (10:20:02 PM): did u hear about Heath Ledger?

Tom (10:20:08 PM): yea how funny is that

Mole (10:20:14 PM): funny?

Mole (10:20:15 PM): that he died

Tom (10:20:20 PM): lol yea

Tom (10:20:39 PM): everyone is like its b/c he played a fag or b/c he knew he could never do better then the joker

Mole (10:20:52 PM): ha

I don't know who everyone is.

Coming from somebody who takes Tylenol PM on an almost daily basis for four years now there's nothing harmful with a normal dosage of any type of sleep aid.

Now watch me die in my sleep tonight...

As far as that EOnline crap goes, Ted Casablanca for years has deserved to be buried alive with live scorpions covering him, but that's another matter.

It's actually making me really, really angry that I can't find any coverage of this on ANY of the news channells. Maybe I missed it, but jesus fuck. He JUST DIED. Why not stop talking about the election for five minutes and cover something that is relevant *TODAY*?

Inside Edition litterally had a three minute peice and then moved on. I know I shouldn't expect anything from those shows, but god damn. Cancel the rest of the fucking thing and at the very least do a makeshift coverage of it.

Edit: I have to say I'm shocked and happy that no one made a stupid "I can't quit you" joke.

I've seen some on Fark, but then again, I largely consider that website to be shit.

Half of the posts in the thread are "BATMAN BATMAN BATMAN". This is very sad.

To see Batman talk in a thread about the death of an actor who was going to play the Joker isn't much of a stretch. I'd wager that it's probably the one Heath Ledger film that the majority of people on this board would want to see.

It's actually making me really, really angry that I can't find any coverage of this on ANY of the news channells. Maybe I missed it, but jesus fuck. He JUST DIED. Why not stop talking about the election for five minutes and cover something that is relevant *TODAY*?

Inside Edition litterally had a three minute peice and then moved on. I know I shouldn't expect anything from those shows, but god damn. Cancel the rest of the fucking thing and at the very least do a makeshift coverage of it.

I've seen coverage. They even had it on my local news, and I'm no where near hollywood.

And it might be his role that he plays in Batman that lead to this death, so it's not unreal to hear about his last work.

RIP Heath

My favorite role of his was probably The Order, which I know isn't his most beloved or known role. He was always atleast decent on the screen, and I was pretty shocked to hear him announced dead. Wasn't expecting that at the least. RIP

And it might be his role that he plays in Batman that lead to this death, so it's not unreal to hear about his last work.

RIP Heath

Wow, that really would make Joker the ultimate villain.

You know, I'll never understand people taking sleeping pills. (If it so happens to be th case, that he simply took to many because he couldn't sleep.) I mean, if the normal dosage isn't working for you, then why continue with more, especially when it's a known fact that there are people who commit suicide by taking an excess of sleeping pills?

It'd be really awesome if this was just some kind of excellent, viral campaign. (I mean, faking your own death for the media, when it would cause this much hysteria, how is that not, something the joker would do) but sadly that's a best case scenario, and of course what surely isn't the case, and that really does suck.

Shit, man, I don't have the energy to get pissed off over the Westboro Baptist Church anymore. Are they so bored that they are going to picket an actor's funeral? Fucking slimeballs.