TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Second night of Impact/Xplosion spoilers (Ongoing?)

Impact:

*The taping started with a taped message from Booker T in Houston, Texas thanking the fans for their support. This brought out Robert Roode to the ring, who cut a promo on Booker.

*Robert Roode & James Storms & Banks defeated Ms. Brooks & Eric Young & Sonjay Dutt. Booker T hit the ring, having fooled Roode, and attacked him.

*Jimmy Rave and Lance Hoyt defeated Petey Williams and Scott Steiner after Steiner turned on Williams.

*AJ Styles defeated Tiger Mask.

Xplosion:

*IWGP champion Shinsuke Nakamura pinned Elix Skipper.

*Gail Kim defeated Roxxi.

*ODB defeated Velvet Sky.

Impact:

*They do an in-ring contract signing for Samoa Joe's new contract. Joe comes out with Kevin Nash while Jim Cornette is there with Matt Morgan. It ends up with Morgan throwing a pen a Joe and Joe puts Morgan through the table, then rips up the contract.

*Jim Cornette brings out AJ Styles and informs him he will be the guest referee for Tomko vs. Kurt Angle later tonight.

*Robert Roode came out for a match but Booker T hit the ring from the crowd, attacked him and chased him away.

*TNA Knockout champion Awesome Kong defeated Ms. Brooks. Banks attacks Brooks after the match.

*Apparently TNA is stting up a pole match involving Misty the Rat.

*In a four corner Pole match where three poles had rat traps and one had Misty the Rat, Kaz defeated Black Reign. Reign attacked Kaz and took back Misty.

*Homicide defeated TNA X-Division champion Johnny Devine by DQ when Team 3D interfered. Hernandez nailed Devine with the Border Toss.

*In a segment that will air the week of the Against All Odds PPV, there is another attempted Samoa Joe contract signing in the ring. This time, TNA champion Kurt Angle comes out and ends up being put through the table. No contract signed.

*Curry Man & Shark Boy defeated Jimmy Rave & Lance Hoyt.

In a match taped tonight for the 2/10 Against All Odds PPV, Abyss defeated Judas Mesias in TNA's second-ever no ropes, Barbed Wire Massacre match. As we noted yesterday here on PWInsider.com, the decision was made to tape the match tonight and insert it into the broadcast of AAO as the Athletic Commission in South Carolina balked on allowing the company to hold the match there after initially signing off on it.

ok let me get this right, Tiger Mask who is a horrible worker from what I've seen is getting TV love, yet the IWGP Champ Shinskue Nakamura who is going into a high profile match with TNA's top dog Kurt Angle hes relegated to Xplosion

and to boot, a 4 corner pole match involving a rat and mouse traps, Jesus H Christ TNA is horrible

Am I missing something or did they not tape the Angle/Tomko match?

The taping is still taking place.

ok let me get this right, Tiger Mask who is a horrible worker from what I've seen is getting TV love, yet the IWGP Champ Shinskue Nakamura who is going into a high profile match with TNA's top dog Kurt Angle hes relegated to Xplosion

I think TNA's logic is that with Kurt almost certain to lose to Nakamura, why waste time getting the match over, when they can spend the time getting over Tiger Mask and Curry Man, with Curry Man presumably being the way Christopher Daniels is going to be brought back.

Oh. But they've already taped the Barbed Wire Massacre? It seems odd that they'd take the ropes down and then put them back up again.

Bah whatever. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Barbed Wire match is recieved from a detailed report later. I was a big fan of the first one.

and to boot, a 4 corner pole match involving a rat and mouse traps, Jesus H Christ TNA is horrible

I agree with the premise that it's stupid to have Shinsuke on Xplosion against someone like Skipper... but what have you seen of Tiger Mask 4 that makes him a horrible worker in your eyes?

I agree with the premise that it's stupid to have Shinsuke on Xplosion against someone like Skipper... but what have you seen of Tiger Mask 4 that makes him a horrible worker in your eyes?

from what I seen in TNA last year and a bit of his NJPW stuff, hes just not very impressive

4 corners pole match? Urgh...

Y'know, yesterdays tapings didn't sound so bad. These pretty much do.

This is fabulous. A 4 corners match over a RAT??? If there was ever instant Wrestlecrap then that match would be it. Do you ever think Russo books this stuff with some kind of kitsch value in mind?

I think Russo's booking can work if someone reigns in the excess insane shit and edits him. See, the current TNA product is all insanity, all the time....while WWE's style is mostly bland booking done segment by segment. There needs to be some middle ground here with a bit of madness going on but knowing when to pull back and just be a wrestling program.

I think Russo's booking can work if someone reigns in the excess insane shit and edits him. See, the current TNA product is all insanity, all the time....while WWE's style is mostly bland booking done segment by segment. There needs to be some middle ground here with a bit of madness going on but knowing when to pull back and just be a wrestling program.

That's what he had in the WWE. McMahon would reign in the bulk of his crappy ideas but allow for the couple of good ones to take place. When he went to WCW and TNA, he had no one above him to say, "This is 100% garbage".

It doesn't make sense when people say Vince reigned in most of Russo's ideas. Have you watched a RAW from '99 lately (Or the second half of '98 for that matter)? They're terrible. But I will agree that Vince reigned enough of Russo's terrible ideas to make '99 WWF somewhat palatable.

It doesn't make sense when people say Vince reigned in most of Russo's ideas. Have you watched a RAW from '99 lately (Or the second half of '98 for that matter)? They're terrible. But I will agree that Vince reigned enough of Russo's terrible ideas to make '99 WWF somewhat palatable.

My previous quote is paraphrasing what Jim Cornette said in his description of how Russo operated in the WWE as compared to what he was doing in WCW.

If you need someone to reign in your ideas, you're a shitty writer. Period.

Wrestling isn't like a movie. Your ideas have to be good enough to work without other input.

If you need someone to reign in your ideas, you're a shitty writer. Period.

Wrestling isn't like a movie. Your ideas have to be good enough to work without other input.

But the thing is - no matter how many writers he employs, no matter what he calls Stephanie, and no matter how great an idea someone else might come up with - Vince has the final say. The WWE writers are basically there to structure a general script out of the ideas given to them.

Kamala, you think Raw was shitty in the 2nd half of 1998? It was probably one of the best times for Raw in history. Now parts of 1999? Yeah you are right, though that stuff is at least fast paced.

Kamala, you think Raw was shitty in the 2nd half of 1998? It was probably one of the best times for Raw in history. Now parts of 1999? Yeah you are right, though that stuff is at least fast paced.

I was exaggerating a bit I guess when I said Second Half of '98. The stuff leading up to SummerSlam was really good. But I think everything after SummerSlam was kind of shitty. I mean Judgement Day and Survivor Series that year are two PPVs that are just as bad as anything they did in '99.

I was exaggerating a bit I guess when I said Second Half of '98. The stuff leading up to SummerSlam was really good. But I think everything after SummerSlam was kind of shitty. I mean Judgement Day and Survivor Series that year are two PPVs that are just as bad as anything they did in '99.

I thought Survivor Series 1998 was one of the most entertaining PPVs they've ever done. Do you guys have a pulse? Yikes. I mean, I love in-ring action as much as anyone, but some drama and swerves (when done right) makes for terrific television.

I guess that's why I like TNA more then say, ECW. Yes, ECW makes more "sense" (Whatever that means when it comes to wrestling) but it's too "safe". It's a very bland and dry product, and completely lacking anything resembling liveliness. As fucked up as TNA's booking is sometimes, at least there's something interesting or entertaining every episode. Whether the matches, or the women's division, Samoa Joe, or Christian, Tomko, AJ Styles/Angle, LAX (even though, not as much as they were with Konnan) there's something there to make me want to watch.

Btw, WWF 1999 was pretty awful because the angles were ridiculous, plus the matches were pretty awful too. WWF 2000 probably had the best balance of everything since WCW 1996 or WWF 1997.

I agree about Survivor Series 98, it's not that great wrestling wise but I always like tourney shows and the booking there was probably Russo's best work. And let's not forget the 2nd half of the year 1998 did have the debut of Mr. Socko, UT and Kane breaking Vince's leg, The Rock getting over as a main event level star, and so on. I would mention Mankind's title win but I'm not sure if that counts as 1998 or 99 (it was taped in 1998 but didn't air until Jan. 99).

Tiger Mask and Curry Man got a good match out of Rave and Hoyt, whose awful Guitar Hero guitar gimmick was topped by Christy Hemme making a total ass out of herself by screaming to a crowd that could care less about the three of them.

You know, Hoyt, Rave, and Hemme reminded me of a bunch of jobbers in OVW called Gothic Mayhem. GM would be Pat Buck, Johnny Punch, and this chick Melody. They are complete and total jobbers...as in Punch has lost 110 matches in a row.