TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 83 - Serra vs. St. Pierre 2

GSP totally overwhelmed Serra from the start. Of all the champions in UFC, St. Pierre is probably the least likely to lose his belt any time soon, and that's including Silva.

Lutter probably has the worst non-HW gas tank in MMA, at least among reputable fighters.

I honestly can't say I was impressed with Quarry's performance, considering he was in there with a guy who ran for 9/10 of the fight and threw basically zero attacks his way.

Lei was right about Hironaka dropping Goulet, but for once he didn't get KTFO by the knockdown punch and actually came back and won with a punch himself.

Starnes wanted to screw over the UFC on his way out?

At least that's the story his camp are putting out.

As for UFC 83, it was a fine show. Not the greatest, but very enjoyable, and with a fantastic atmosphere. Quarry vs. Starnes was terrible, but the last fifteen seconds was tremendous. Quarry should get a bonus for his mockery of Starnes. I was a little worried when GSP and Serra were standing, but it was all GSP on the ground and he dominated Serra to regain his title and all was right with the world.

With Dana trying to work out Hughes vs Serra, it might potentially set up GSP vs. Serra III for the UFC's NY debut.

And I just found this, which is great:

http://mmamania.com/2008/04/21/mma-referee...n-of-the-night/

Holy Club Super Sexe, Goulet chopped $75,000 for the KO of the Night bonus. Daddy Warbucks must've been in a spending mood because the Montreal gate was 2nd behind Tito/Chuck II in terms of revenue.

Well it's not like they play for a sports team. I mean it's not like you get injured in boxing an the organization you're fighting for pays for it.....do they?

In boxing, you don't fight for an organization...so, yes, to answer your question, the fighter does have to pay in boxing. I don't necessarily agree with the UFC's methods, if you're signing people to fight with exclusive contracts, you should pay some percentage of money to help your fighters with injuries.

That is of course, assuming that Starnes was contracted...because to be honest, I don't know how UFC's contract system works. If not, fuck him.

No TUF fighter has ever been under contract while on the show for that matter.

Kalib has officially been cut, btw and I can only assume he'll retire as nobody will touch him at this point.

That is of course, assuming that Starnes was contracted...because to be honest, I don't know how UFC's contract system works. If not, fuck him.

The nearest equivalent I can come up with is an NFL contract - one year (or sometimes more) is guaranteed, the rest is not.

So I've noticed that Tong has avoided this thread. Clearly the shame of Hironaka getting KO'd by Chinathon Goulet is overbearing.

I was going to post something or other in regrds to MacDonald's former piss test failure, but was still a bit hungover from a weekend in Vegas.

Besides, I simplified my prediction to Hironaka only dropping Goulet prior to the event, as the thought of Hirofumi fuckin' Hara putting Kuniyoshi on the deck wouldn't leave my head. Besides, fandom aside, Goulet has superior striking and wrestling, so in a Makoto Ishikawa-esque way, he had the tools to win before his chin failed him utterly.

So, something that just recently came back to me regarding the Q and A with Dana is when somebody asked him if the director of the Ontario Athletic Commission was there and Dana said he had no clue.

Now, if UFC cares as much about breaking through into Ontario as they say they do you'd figure the President of the company would know if he was there or not.