TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

NHL February 2008

Flyers also got Vinny Prospal for Picard/conditional pick in 2009.

Tampa has also signed Dan Boyle to a 6/40 contract (cap hit of 6.66). Keep your head up in the locker room, Danny.

Can't complain about getting Prospal for a song. Certainly don't think he is going to continue the production he had in TB, but they needed a forward with the ability to actually score a goal. Not huge on getting rentals for this season, but again for peanuts there is nothing to hurt the long term.

Prospal seems to only perform well with good/great players. He sucked in Anaheim that one year before he came back to Tampa and latched himself onto the Lecavalier/Richards/St. Louis teat. Maybe he can help rejuvenate Briere or something.

Rob Blake is willing to waive his NTC so that he can go to San Jose or Colorado. I don't have any problem with that at all, getting anything for any of these players that need to be dealt is good enough. The problem is, there's so much trash on this team that you really can't say anything but NHL-ready prospects or proven roster players are good enough.

Isn't Prospal a center? So is Briere. I guess Vinny takes over the second line with Richards injured.

Prospal's an LW by trade, but has been known to play center every now and then.

Where did you read that Richards is injured? I googled it and got results from earlier this year. And the Bolts haven't played since the Bruins beat them on Saturday.

I think he meant Prospal takes over the Flyers second line with Mike Richards injured.

I can't see that being the case though. IMO this trade is pointless unless you attach him to Briere's hip. They aren't going anywhere if Danny doesn't start chipping in something and playing with a new winger every game is not going to help the cause.

I think he meant Prospal takes over the Flyers second line with Mike Richards injured.

I can't see that being the case though. IMO this trade is pointless unless you attach him to Briere's hip. They aren't going anywhere if Danny doesn't start chipping in something and playing with a new winger every game is not going to help the cause.

Ah...I read it as Vinny (Lecavalier) taking over for (Brad) Richards.

My mistake.

Agreed, but they're close enough that it doesn't say "We're packing it in." I like Bernier, and the loss of Campbell is obviously big, but I think there's still enough pieces in place for the Sabres to get into the show.

Pierre McGuire is being coy about it (fuck, I hate him), but "The Habs wish might come true in the next few minutes."

Also, the Richards deal has been finalized; He's in Dallas with Johan Homlqvist, for Mike Smith, Jeff Halpern, and Jussi Jokinen.

Since I'm sure you were all wondering, I got obscenely drunk last night, facilitating the hangover I'm currently suffering, allowing me to stay home.

I'm a Sabres fan...and I love Campbell...but when your clearly not resigning a guy (and I can't say I totally blame them either...he's set to make a fortune and they have to resign Miller)...

I'm just glad we didn't trade for a group of unproven prospects like I thought we were going to.

Bernier gives the team a dynamic that they haven't had. It frees up money, which is key.

Of course now we have no one to carry the puck in...

It'll be worth it in the end. My boss is a Habs fan, he understands.

Cristobal Huwhatever has been traded to the Caps for a second-round pick. I like that they're giving Price the reins, but I'd have liked a little more in return.

Is it pathetic that I'm absolutely praying that the Sens manage to swing a deal for Dwayne Roloson?

No. It worked out alright for Edmonton two years ago. Bob 'Big Head' McKenzie said rumours were flying that it would be Emery to Chicago for Khabibulin.

Hossa makes seven million.

I heard on the radio this morning that Tanguay's not going anywhere.

SEVEN? That's too much; I guess it's fine if it's a rental player.

Sutter announced the Tanguay thing last night at some point, yeah.

Text from my buddy, a Sens fan, just now: "Emery needs to go."

Is it pathetic that I'm absolutely praying that the Sens manage to swing a deal for Dwayne Roloson?

No. It worked out alright for Edmonton two years ago. Bob 'Big Head' McKenzie said rumours were flying that it would be Emery to Chicago for Khabibulin.

No. Maybe the Khabibulin of ten years ago, but he's still in the league on reputation alone at this point.

Hossa makes seven million.

I heard on the radio this morning that Tanguay's not going anywhere.

SEVEN? That's too much; I guess it's fine if it's a rental player.

Yeah, that's why the Sens now employ Dany Heatley and not Hossa.