TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

NHL February 2008

They could've had JS Aubin. He was just traded to the Ducks for a 7th...and I think that's the only time the Kings and Ducks have traded with one another.

Pittsburgh needs a goaltender, and will greatly wish they had gotten one come this spring. Hossa is not going to bring them the Stanley Cup.

Jeez, by my count I figure they have too many as it is. Now with Fleury back, they are rolling with 3 goaltenders.

Oh and I love the Ottawa fan dashing the Pens playoff hopes, immediately after Hossa gets dealt there.

I figure I'm best qualified to do it.

They don't have a Cup-calibre goalie. Fleury is too fragile mentally to take them deep in the playoffs, and there's no one else on the roster good enough to step up in the playoffs. Come on, Ty Conklin? Really?

Just seems like very convenient sour grapes is all.

and I agree when you say that those goaltenders may not be Cup calibur.

But, everybody has to start somewhere..

Didn't people say that about Emery last year?

Hossa is a really good player and all...

But I'm having a tough time recalling any playoff success to go along with his regular seasons.

2001-2003 with Ottawa. 26 points in 30 games.

But, I'd be leery of him considering last years 4 games, 1 point, -6 when the Rags swept them.

Pittsburgh won and lost today. They may be the favourite in the East to make it to the Finals although i'm not really sure if they can beat Anaheim or Detroit. They are screwed long term though. Esposito appears to be one of those guys who would shock anyone and become a star. Giving up one of the most popular guys in the locker room, a quality shootout guy and a 1st rounder for a guy who might not stick around? Just not worth it. But we shall see.

I'm sorry, I still can't get over that Huet trade..

My assumption is they were trying to clear some cap space for Hossa - and were then outbid by Pittsburgh for him.

I'm glad he didn't walk for nothing in July, and I do think Price is the right guy in the playoffs (based upon his Calder Cup and World Junior success), but the Habs are not Cup good...yet. Today did nothing to improve the on-ice product.

And, with apologies for sounding like a dick, why can't anyone other than CC and me spell 'calibre' properly?

That was probably the best I've seen the Bruins play all season long.

4-0 over Ottawa. Thomas was remarkable at times, but it was the forwards who were the story tonight. David Krejci with his first career goal as well.

From what Waddell was saying he wanted Higgins, Ryder, either Grabovski or S. Kotsystin and a draft pick for Hossa. Definitly not worth it.

From what Waddell was saying he wanted Higgins, Ryder, either Grabovski or S. Kotsystin and a draft pick for Hossa. Definitly not worth it.

Yeah, that wouldn't have been worth it..

It's amazing how us Habs fans are impressed by a +4 rating.

After 1 pm, Gainey should have made some offers to Florida for Olli Jokinen.

(I like Steve Kouleas a hell of a lot more as a TV host than a radio one)

He's a dolt. I put it on there for a few seconds yesterday when TSN went to commercial. He was talking about how he ranks goalies, mentioning how he has like 14 tiers (well, maybe not that many), and he put Tomas Vokoun in whatever tier he put goalies that he didn't trust because they haven't been starters long enough (5 years not enough time?). He also started ranting about how we won't know if Lou Lamoriello is the genius we think he is until after Brodeur retires. He was naming all the good players they used to have (Stevens and Niedermayer, mostly) and mentioned Stephan Richer in the same breath.

YES! What news!

Bryan Murray should have a mic in front of him at all times. I youtubed him a few days ago, and imagine my delight when there was a clip entitled "Bryan Murray sings". Sadly, it was a high school kid doing a fight song or something, and not a lispy cover of She Sells Sanctuary.

I had heard this rumour yesterday around noon. The Sens' performance last night sealed it. They needed a shakeup, regardless of whether Paddock actually deserved it (he didn't) or whether it will help (it might).

Guest Michael Myers Resplendent

Haha, Lalime. Good backup, but the more I see him, the less I like him. Unfortunately, he's the best we can do for now, I fear. I don't know anything about Corey Crawford. We really need to unload Khabibulin this summer. Signing him to that big contract was not one of Dale's better transactions, I'm afraid. Adrian Aucoin bad.

Hey, guys, sorry for fooling y'all into thinking that the Black Hawks would actually contend for a playoff berth this year. Oh well. You probably didn't believe me anyway. I barely believed myself. Don't worry, next year. Appropriate that they snagged John McDonough: the winter Cubs.

I do believe next year they will be a threat. They need to draft a defeceman this year or try to get a good defenceman for next season.