TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

NHL February 2008

Early contender for quote of the year, from Roberto Luongo's father-in-law about some promotion Florida is having for Luongo's first game back since being traded.

"If anybody says anything about Roberto I'll bite their ears off," he said. "Whoever talks bad about my son-in-law, I'll break their head."

Go Panthers, I guess.

Guest Blue Man Czech

I can't imagine any promotion there being more involved than "if you buy a ticket, you'll get to watch a hockey game." Most extraneous franchise in North American team sports.

Every goal Luongo gives up, they give away 5 plasma TVs. It does seem like sour grapes, but I want to see some ear biting.

Well, at least some lucky Vancouver fans will be getting Plasma TVs...

Guest Blue Man Czech

The 'nucks should start the backup just to fuck the Panthers' "fans" over.

Great game in Detroit tonight. Budaj was superb but the Detroit pressure finally cracked him. Datsuyk is quietly climbing the points ladder with 5 points in his last two games and Zetterberg pots the game winner to give him at least 30 for the third straight year.

I posted this in the wrong thread.

Anyways I love the Melrose line. Actually I really like the hockey section of ESPN and their stories and opinions.

Red Wings v. Bruins tonight.

In favor of the returning Marco Sturm, Vladimir Sobotka was scratched. I don't understand this move, as Sobotka has all the makings of a pest for the aged Wings defense to deal with. He's hard to knock off the puck, he's great on the wall, he kills penalties and can play with just about anyone. Instead of Sobotka, Reich AND Thornton will play, despite neither being in a fight in the last month plus (Reich last fought on 12-29, Thornton on 1-8). I'm kind of pissed about this.

If the Bruins can escape with a point tonight against Detroit, I'll be happy. That'll be three of a possible four against two of the best teams in the league. Just the kind of thing they need.

The Habs continue to win, which pleases and surprises me immensely. Now they're only within 4 points of the Sens, a team they face TWICE in the next week. The injuries in Ottawa are going to play a big role here. It's going to be interesting to see if Les Habitantes can keep the ball rolling. I don't think any other team has been on top of the Eastern Conference all year. If there has, it hasn't been for very long.

GO HABS GO

Actually three points.

How about Huet with the blue line poke check at the end of the game. His confidence has been rising lately since the horrible game he had at MSG last month.

Actually three points.

How about Huet with the blue line poke check at the end of the game. His confidence has been rising lately since the horrible game he had at MSG last month.

Shit, 3 points...even better!

Man, I'm loving the possibility that Montreal could be on top of the Eastern Conference by this time next week.

But I don't wanna jinx it, it's been a longtime coming, I can't help but be excited.

Anyways, tomorrow there's only one game on the schedule, a Super Bowl matinée with NYR @ MTL...

(the Rangers lead the season series 2-0, taking out the Habs 4-1 in their last meeting as mentioned by redbaron51 above)

Any predictions?

I think Halak is starting tomorrow to give HuET a day off to rest (He needs it). I'll say it'll be a 4-3 victory for the Habs in OT/SO

Ray Emery and Chris Neil got into a verbal sparring match at practice on Sunday. Emery took exception to Neil poking at a puck the goaltender had covered up. Even Head Coach John Paddock was not impressed with Neil saying it was unesscesary.

Three games in four nights, against a team that's had our number all year?

Nah, doesn't make up for allowing 5 unanswered, but we're still hot, and, we'll score 85 against the Leafs on Thursday - all to be right again soon. I'll have to wear my Habs jersey to the meeting I'm attending in Hogtown Friday morning.

Ah, disappointing loss yesterday but hopefully they'll bounce back this week with three important wins against the Ontario teams. Oh, and Halak was sent down today with Carey Price regaining the back-up gig to Jennifer Love Huet.

How come the announcers went from calling Huet "Hue-eh" to "Hue-et" this weekend? Did I miss something?

Same reason why halfway of last season they started to call "Plek-an-ec" to "Plek-an-itch"

Shawn Horcoff is out for the rest of the season after going season ending shoulder surgery. More bad news for Oilers fans.

Didn't seem to effect the Oilers too badly; 5-0 winners tonight in the battle of Alberta.

Two strange goals for Rick Nash tonight - the first came in the first period when he broke up a pass while the Jackets were down two men and managed to turn it into a breakaway and a goal. The second came just a couple minutes ago when the Capitals' defender ran into the ref and fell, allowing Nash to effortlessly skate around him and fire one past the goalie.

Washington was livid after the second goal, and for good reason. The ref flopped after being run into and fell on the defender.

I was going to post how worried and/or pissed I was over the Habs allowing the Sens to make it a one-goal game again (it was 4-1 at one point), but I'm more annoyed by the constant saying of "Who-ete".

Pushing and shoving in front of the net was just referred to as 'rhubarb', which didn't help matters either.

8-0. I can't really get sad, anymore, because the more losses means a better chance at a higher pick.

I have a feeling they're going to go on a bit of run, though, that won't mean anything in terms of making the playoffs and they'll end up with like the 10th pick, or something.

Guest Blue Man Czech
I was going to post how worried and/or pissed I was over the Habs allowing the Sens to make it a one-goal game again (it was 4-1 at one point), but I'm more annoyed by the constant saying of "Who-ete".

I thought it was "U-A," the letter U and the letter A.

Two strange goals for Rick Nash tonight - the first came in the first period when he broke up a pass while the Jackets were down two men and managed to turn it into a breakaway and a goal. The second came just a couple minutes ago when the Capitals' defender ran into the ref and fell, allowing Nash to effortlessly skate around him and fire one past the goalie.

Washington was livid after the second goal, and for good reason. The ref flopped after being run into and fell on the defender.

2 awesome goals, including the winner, by Ovechkin tonight as well.

Thats 44 and 45 on the year.

I'd really like to see him go crazy and end up breaking the infamous 92.

Anyone else think it's possible?

(Oh - Montreal over Ottawa, so sweet)