TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
majormayhem1

WWE Hall of Fame Candidates 2008

Take a look at these names

Tito Santana, Orton Jr, George Steele, Greg Valentine and Tony Atlas just for starters. Lifelong tag-team/mid-card acts. How is Owen less qualified? I'm not bothered by who gets placed into a fictional HOF but Owen's just as qualified as those aforementioned names.

Guest NitroJMS
Take away hit brother and his untimely death and then look at Owen Hart again. Hall of Fame? Never.

IC Champ. Euro champ. Tag champ. King of the Ring. He has the titles.

Major feuds with Bret, HHH, HBK, and Austin. He has the angles.

Ric Flair

Ricky Steamboat

Arn Anderson

Lou Thesz

The Road Warriors

Howard Finkle

Miss Elizabeth

And into the celebrity wing, Mr. T

As for who inducts them, Roddy Piper inducts Flair, Bobby Heenan inducts Arn, Paul Ellering inducts The Road Warriors, Lillian Garcia inducts Finkle, Hulk Hogan inducts Mr. T and as for Steamboat, Thesz, and Miss Elizabeth I have no ideas.

Take away hit brother and his untimely death and then look at Owen Hart again. Hall of Fame? Never.

IC Champ. Euro champ. Tag champ. King of the Ring. He has the titles.

Major feuds with Bret, HHH, HBK, and Austin. He has the angles.

By the standards of the Hall of Fame, he may well get in because the current members make the who thing a farce. But even in terms of what he did for the WWF, he shouldn't be up there. He only really reached the top of the card when there was a severe shortage of talent and the WWF were in dire straits.

But in death he has been given a legacy that life would not have rewarded him with.

Edit: And by the "titles" list, Billy Gunn may as well be included! At least he didn't carry about 30 pounds too much weight!

Based on the criteria for the WON HOF Owen doesn't stand much of a chance. Based on WWE criteria(if there even is any) Owen is more than qualified.

Sadly, I think it will be the first HoF since 2004 without Heenan inducting someone. Isn't he still in convalescence of his jaw surgery?

I think Flair, Maivia/Johnson and Solie are lock-ons for this year. The timing would be there for inducting the Von Erichs but it would be better in Dallas, if there ever would be a WM in that city someday. They didn't inducted the Road Warriors in 2005, even if they had a DVD release that year and a Wrestlemania in Chicago.

Someone suggested Chris Benoit. I think Randy Savage has more chances being inducted, expelled and inducted again three or four times than Benoit making it to the HoF. Could anybody imagine an arena giving him a standing ovation, knowing that he killed his wife and child? Maybe some fans, but the wrestlers and staff employees?

LOD wasn't inducted because Animal was still a full-time performer at the time.

And had Benoit just committed suicide, he still would've been a lock for the HOF, but after committing the murders beforehand and causing WWE so much shit from the public, there's no way, no how he will ever get in. Savage, Warrior, and Sammartino will get in before he does.

Shouldn't Flair not be eligible until he "retires"? Which won't be until after WM.

I've been wondering the same thing, I thought the HOF were "retired" wrestlers or performers...not counting JR.

I'm curious as to what everybody believes the criteria should be to get into the Hall of Fame. Certainly there are a lot of mid-card acts, but then again, if they held it strictly to main event wrestlers (who were also World Champions) there wouldn't be too many options.

Bruno, Hogan, "SuperStar", Andre, Savage, Flair, Backlund, Austin, Rock, Triple H, Micheals, Bret Hart, etc.

Forget about Snuka, Piper, Orton and those of the same ilk. Do you also leave out Santana and Valentine?

I'm interested in knowing what people think the criteria should be for entry.

The Criteria seems to only be if Vince likes you, that your in good standings with the WWE, and that you were at least a name that people would recognize.

I'm kind of surprised that Lawrence Taylor hasn't been put into the celebrity wing yet. I mean of all people in that wing, he should be a lock.

There's only two, Rose and Perry. Not much of a wing right there. Uecker, Tyson, Mr. T and Ali should be ahead of LT. It's a matter of who would actually appear.

If anyone should get in, its Steamboat. He's the fuckin' man.

If anyone should get in, its Steamboat. He's the fuckin' man.

If Flair gets in this year, I think it would be great if Steamboat got in as well. Those two should go in together.

If they have a celebrity wing they NEED Mr. T, He was a big part of the first two Wrestlemanias and I'm sure that it wouldn't be to hard to get him to agree to go in. I think the only reason he isnt in there already is that the WWE is afraid that he will get a bigger ovation then most of the wrestlers they put in that year because lets face it EVERYBODY loves Mr. T!

If WWE wanted positive attention for a change, they'd extend an invite to Ali. However, I don't get how Mr. T isn't already in or doesn't do more stuff. He's quite the attention whore and will do anything.

There's only two, Rose and Perry. Not much of a wing right there. Uecker, Tyson, Mr. T and Ali should be ahead of LT. It's a matter of who would actually appear.

Lawrence Taylor not only Main Evented wrestlemania..

but he had a 5-Star match on the Celebrity scale

True but his involvment didn't do anything positive for the company. (who'd induct him? Bigelow is gone and Nash isn't doing it) Mr. T along with Lauper (another "deserving" candidate) were huge players in the popularity of WWF in the mid 1980's. Uecker was practically a WM regular and he'd be fantastic to have do a speech in the likely absence of Heenan. Ali is a legend beyond everyone else. LT would demand money and wouldn't care about it.

Have Steve McMichael induct him. He was in LT's corner, if I'm not mistaken, was in wrestling for a while, and is currently working as a semi-pro football coach.

True but his involvment didn't do anything positive for the company. (who'd induct him? Bigelow is gone and Nash isn't doing it) Mr. T along with Lauper (another "deserving" candidate) were huge players in the popularity of WWF in the mid 1980's. Uecker was practically a WM regular and he'd be fantastic to have do a speech in the likely absence of Heenan. Ali is a legend beyond everyone else. LT would demand money and wouldn't care about it.

I don't think it hurt the company

Wasnt much you could do in 95 to help wrestling at all..

I never realized until i got older and able to find out stuff how

unpopular wrestling was when i was kid...

Im looking at LT's impact on me as a 10 year old mark I was..

Not a 22 year old Person who knows how stuff works now...

Im not even gonna jump on that Bret and Kevin Nash couldnt draw boat

that some of these posters like to throw out there...

Honky Tonk Man. Best Intercontinental Champeen of all time. Plus Lawler just got in, so it's only fitting that Lawler induct someone else.

I think HTM still hates Lawler as far as I know.

Well if The Honky Tonk Man hates Lawler so much then he can be inducted by someone else, Jimmy Hart comes to mind.