TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

OH BABY!

What a great Dunk contest, Dwight is sicker than sick.

cupcake_627_080215.jpg

cupcakeout_627_080215.jpg

dhowardgetty_400_080215.jpg

dhoward3_627_080216.jpg

Captured from a youtube video...

superman.jpg

Sick. I can't wait for that poster.

I think the Superman was fucking awesome. The showmanship is almost as important as the dunk itself when it comes to this contest in my opinion.

OH BABY!

What a great Dunk contest, Dwight is sicker than sick.

dhowardgetty_400_080215.jpg

Look at where his head is, it's behind the backboard WHILE he's dunking it. That's f'in impressive. He could have easily hurt himself there. when you add in the fact that he passed to himself off the back of the backboard, that's a truly great dunk.

I actually thought the most impressive part of "Superman" was him taking off with both feet planted.

I think the "throw down" part fit well with the Superman theme.

BTW, as mentioned earlier Barkley was gold.

Kenny Smith "Magic go whisper in Dominique's ear that wasn't a 10."

Barkley: "Magic go over and slap Karl Malone in the back of the head. Don't worry I got your back."

Don't forget Barkley snoring during Dr. J's interview about who he thought had won!

And yes, what was impressive about the Superman was that he ran, came to almost a complete stop, and just leaped from there.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I'd like to see somebody dunk it while carrying another player on their back.

I just read that the last time the Knicks drafted a player that went on to become an All-Star, for any team, was 1987 (Mark Jackson). That's insane.

Edited by alfdogg

Also, how must LeBron James feel right now knowing that even the Atlanta Hawks can take a package headlined by Shelden Williams and turn it into Mike Bibby, and Cleveland hasn't done shit. That's tremendous.

Edited by alfdogg

Guest Michael Myers Resplendent

Yeah, he's gonna play for Hova on the Nets, right? Unh!

I am not sure, but probably a bigger media market (that's a given) with a front office that is more than willing to put talent around him and is committed to winning. The Cavs might be committed to winning but they still seem stuck in that mindset that they are an average team with a superstar, so they don't really seem to try and are content in whatever success LeBron gives them and just rake in the money that his presence makes them.

And yes New York Knicks is a possibility, but Czech's likely joke of the Nets is probably not too far from the truth, especially if they play in Brooklyn (they will need a superstar to attract fans).

Ewing was drafted two years before Jackson.

The article said the Hawks and Wizards had longer streaks, but I looked all three teams up, and the Wizards alone have drafted Tom Gugliotta, Rasheed Wallace and Rip Hamilton since then. The Hawks technically drafted Pau Gasol in 2001, but they were drafting him for Memphis, so if you don't count that they haven't drafted one since Kevin Willis in 1984.

The Hawks has a crap load of expiring contracts. That was a pretty good trade for the Hawks though.

Now the bad thing. If they make that 6th seed in the playoffs they might not fire Woodson.

That scares me...

Guest Michael Myers Resplendent
And yes New York Knicks is a possibility, but Czech's likely joke of the Nets is probably not too far from the truth, especially if they play in Brooklyn (they will need a superstar to attract fans).

That wasn't a joke. I'm pretty sure Jay-Z has expressed interest in bringing LeBron to the Nets, and it's hard to see how LeBron could decline that. When does his contract with the Cavaliers expire, and does he have an escape clause?

I agree. LeBron had crazy ass numbers but Allen won the game for them. That shit was over after that comeback and he hit some big threes.

Also, the Jason Kidd deal is back on. Trenton Hassell is going to the Nets, and they're going to sign Van Horn to go into the deal in place of Stackhouse and George. Heard this on the radio on the way home tonight.

Looks like there could be one final snag in the Kidd to Dallas deal. The league is going to actually make Keith Van Horn sign with Dallas, report with the team, take a physical and play out the year with New Jersey. It was previously expected that KVH would sign in name only and sit at home to collect his paychecks.

Seems like the league has been extremely ornery with Dallas on this deal. I guess this Cuban's punishment for being at odds with Stern all the time.

Even though Dallas is sort of taking all the possible advantages of the rules, which I hate, I think that if Specter is going to bitch at the NFL for destroying the tapes of Spygate, they should look at the NBA's treatment of Dallas.

The NBA said they would've vetoed the Gasol deal if McKie didn't report to Memphis and collected a check instead, so naturally, the same must apply here. While McKie hasn't played, he's still been in the building and suited up. Don't know if Van Horn really wants to do that or not.

The NBA's done nothing wrong. Everything that's gone wrong during this deal has been a result of players screwing it up. First, George vetoes it. Second, Stackhouse runs his mouth and gives everyone the impression that him returning to Dallas is a pre-determined thing. If Van Horn doesn't want to show up, this trade is going to get shot down, as it should.

The NBA said they would've vetoed the Gasol deal if McKie didn't report to Memphis and collected a check instead, so naturally, the same must apply here. While McKie hasn't played, he's still been in the building and suited up. Don't know if Van Horn really wants to do that or not.

The NBA's done nothing wrong.

The only thing the NBA has done wrong is the continual pushing of their ridiculous salary cap and trade rules. It shouldn't be this hard for teams to make a deal that they both want to do. I know some people like to focus on image as the main obstacle in the NBA regaining its national relevance, but I tend to think it's their salary cap mess.

The only thing I really find ridiculous with their trade rules is the Bird Rights trade veto clause. Other than that, I don't see any problem with having to match contracts or anything else that takes place. I'd also like them to include a rule where a player can't go back to the same team during a season in which they left.

Another problem is that teams are dead set on the idea that taking expiring contracts helps you out in the long run. It really doesn't. Any free agent of worth is either re-signing with their original team, or looking to go to a team that's close to contention. None of the teams that take expirings are in the latter category, in most cases. In fact, I don't think any of the current top 8 teams in either conference have built their teams after taking on a large expiring contract and letting them walk, unless I'm forgetting something. Actually, I think Antonio McDyess had a pretty large contract that eventually allowed the Suns to get Steve Nash through free agency. But that's like 1 of how many.