TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers for 2/21

Impact 2/21

- They announced Booker T vs. Kurt Angle as the featured contest of the night, in a non-title match.

- TNA World Tag Team Champions AJ Styles & Tomko defeated Kip James & Bullet Bob Armstrong in a Tag Team Title match when Kip turned on Bullet Bob. Kip attacked BG James after the match as well.

- There was an in-ring interview with Jim Cornette, The Motor City Machineguns and Sonjay Dutt to celebrate all of Black Machismo Jay Lethal's accomplishments in TNA. Lethal cuts a promo, then asks out SoCal Val, to which she responds "Ohhhh yeahhhh!"

- Kaz defeated Rellik. After the match, Black Reign attacked Kaz. Eric Young wanted to make the save, but was too scared to face Rellik and Reign.

- Petey Williams defeated Johnny Devine and Sonjay Dutt to become the number one contender to the X-Division Title at Destination X. Scott Steiner helped Petey get the win.

- Brother Ray defeated Curry Man & Shark Boy in a handicap match. This time, Brother Ray made the weight of 275lbs., but Devon didn't. Ray hit Shark Boy with the scale for the pin.

- Roxxi & Jackie Moore defeated Gail Kim & ODB. There was more miscommunication in the match with ODB and Gail. They brawled afterwards.

- Kurt Angle defeated Booker T in a non-title match after Robert Roode interfered. They attacked him after the match until Christian, Samoa Joe and Kevin Nash made the save. Nash then challenged Angle to a match for the following week.

Xplosion:

- LAX defeated The Rock And Rave Infection.

- Awesome Kong won an 11-Knockout Gauntlet by pinning Gail Kim.

So they have an 11 woman Gauntlet match on a show hardly anyone sees? Alright.

If Brother Ray is 275 pounds, then I'm really Barack Obama's brother.

Didn't they do that exact same thing in the previous 3D/random team match, where one didn't make weight and couldn't wrestle but it didn't matter because the one making weight just used the scale as a weapon to win?

How the hell in the space of "one week" can one person go under the 275 mark and the other one go over?

How the hell in the space of "one week" can one person go under the 275 mark and the other one go over?

Light eating, no carbs, lots of walking/jogging, sweat rooms, making yourself puke after you eat....

Didn't they do that exact same thing in the previous 3D/random team match, where one didn't make weight and couldn't wrestle but it didn't matter because the one making weight just used the scale as a weapon to win?

Yes. And just like last night, I'm wondering how the weight thing is really affecting them if they're just going to win anyway.

Yes. And just like last night, I'm wondering how the weight thing is really affecting them if they're just going to win anyway.

It was against the gimmick jobber squad.

I've said it before.. but I have to say it again.. these spoilers are consistently akin to something like reading an efed booking sheet written by a kid with ADD. Christ.

Guest LuckyLopez
So did they already forget about the AJ/Karen thing?

I don't think the AJ/Karen thing was ever as major as people seemed to interpret it in the spoiler thread. Just AJ kissing Karen because he's a goof who is into her and the priest made a mistake. Certainly not AJ marrying Karen as I think some people might have interpreted it as. My guess is it gets dealt with in backstage skits and that might by why AJ seems absent from the Angle main event.

Cornette is the lamest GM or commish type character I've ever seen. He seems powerless to stop heels from cheating, he seems more of a heel than a face (yet I'm assuming he's supposed to be face).

As corny as those segments may be, the segment in Cornette's office involving the Steiners acting all pissed off several months ago had me laughing pretty hard. Rick Steiner had kicked the door off the hinges, then Scott ran into Cornette's office, grabbed him by the throat and yelled, "WE WANT TEAM 3-D IN THE RING NEXT WEEK!!!!!". Cornette calmly responded with "Team 3-D against the Steiners? 2 of the biggest teams in history, fighting on Impact next week? YOU GOT IT!". Scott then got this shocked look on his face, let go of Cornette and said "Uh....ok......thanks". Then Rick Steiner picked-up Cornette's door off the floor, said "Sorry about that", and they left. Great segment.

Cornette selling Scotty on why the X-Division title shot wasn't such a bad thing, and then selling him on why he should wrestle Petey for both cases, was also good.

Still, is that sort of thing really what you want from an unbiased, legit GM figure? Cornette came off like a seedy used car salesman passing some lemon onto a customer. It's like you can see Cornette on TV and know he desperately wishes he could turn heel.

Guest LuckyLopez

I don't know, I do enjoy that stuff personally. Cornette's character is all about what's good business. Steiners vs Team 3D was good business. Not signing Joe is bad business. Resolving the fight between Steiner and Petey is good business. Booker scaring Roode into not showing is bad business. Yeah, he is kinda a used car salesman but that's Cornette and always has been. His character doesn't seem to be as much about enforcing stability in the company as he is about making excitement and money (ignoring that some of this stuff might not be money making or exciting out of story).

I do agree that he seems basically ineffective as an enforcer and that's kinda lousy. And yes, the Joe thing has dragged on too long. I thought they did sort of address that this week. Cornette insists Joe signs the contract before he leaves the ring because they need to get this resolved. Joe asks him if TNA business is more important than Joe's business. Its clear that Joe is stringing Cornette along and Cornette is forced to play along so as not to piss Joe off. But at the same time it comes off a bit absurd and coupled with his basic ineffectiveness at this stuff makes him look pretty weak.

I personally keep waiting for TNA to "fire" him, him to turn heel, and manage Morgan. Because that seems like the natural progression of this character. But Lord knows if its ever gonna turn that way.

Shows on now in th east coast

How are Karen and AJ "Married" First of all Kurt and Karen never got divorced, secondly to be married you have to have a marriage license, a preist declaring you means nothing.

later all I'm off to watch Impact

RE: "I won my first singles title because Rick Martel forgot his boots that night." -Booker T

I know that Booker won his first title on Nitro, I believe the night after Starrcade '98, from Disco Inferno. Rick Martel defeated him a couple months later for the title, retired shortly after, and Booker continued his feud with Saturn. Is it true

that Martel was originally supposed to get the shot and/or title?

I marked out for the "It's on like neckbone."

Also, what was Black Reign's swank suplex into a twisting neckbreaker move?

RE: "I won my first singles title because Rick Martel forgot his boots that night." -Booker T

I know that Booker won his first title on Nitro, I believe the night after Starrcade '98, from Disco Inferno. Rick Martel defeated him a couple months later for the title, retired shortly after, and Booker continued his feud with Saturn. Is it true

I've heard it referred to as a "Plex-Breaker" in the Indy Circuit. It's like a lifting version of Rob Conway's Ego Trip if you remember that.

I've heard it referred to as a "Plex-Breaker" in the Indy Circuit. It's like a lifting version of Rob Conway's Ego Trip if you remember that.

Ah, that's right. I knew I had seen something similar before. It's just that Conway did his off the ropes.

Arrgh. While watching Lost I switched over to TNA in the commercial breaks. Somehow I managed to see every fucking match except the one I would've actually WANTED to see.

-How do you make me utterly not care one little bit about an AJ/Tomko match? Make their opponents Billy Gunn and Bob Armstrong. Yee-fucking-haw, this sucked. A week after seeing Stomko get their asses kicked by old man Nash, they get beaten unmercifully by the Bullet, who's older than Terry Funk, no joke. Billy turns on Bob and BG after the match, just to piss me off even more. Fuck all this.

-I can't believe Frankie Kazarian and Johnny the Bull actually had the balls to directly steal their finish from Bret Hart & Steve Austin's first match. Why are we supposed to take Rellik seriously as a monster when he jobs 90% of the time? I'm not feeling Dustin Rhodes's La Parka suit.

-I think Johnny Devine is a talented fellow, but he'll never get to show it working two-minute matches with the likes of Sloppy Sonjay and Puts-Me-To-Sleep Petey. Also, every single match either ended with interference or featured a post-match beatdown or both. If Russo just insists on being so into coke Jesus that he can't go for an hour without sneaking off to a bathroom stall church, yay for him, but I hate having to see his tweaking preaching recreated through TNA's booking.

-So we're supposed to believe that Bubba Ray is under 275 pounds?! And the Dudley vs. Sharkboy/Curryman match had the EXACT same ending as last week, only with the other Dudley hitting the other masked guy. That's just fucking lazy.

-Because God hates both good professional wrestling and yours truly, I happen to wander downstairs, grab some pizza, and chat with my family at about precisely the same time as the women's match. MOTHERFUCKER.

-Angle vs. Booker is a tolerable main event. Of course leave it to the announce team to fuck shit up. Tenay: "YOU WANT STARPOWER?! WE GIVE YOU STARPOWER!!!" Kinda heavy on the hype for a match which happened in the midcard of about a hundred Smackdowns, don't ya think? Anywho, Kurt and T proceed to do not one thing you'll remember tomorrow and have a really cookie-cutter, "let's not work too hard" type match. And they take TWO commercial breaks in a TEN MINUTE MATCH. Unbefuckinglievable. Christ this company is the dumbest thing in the world right now.

Guest MadManOnTheWater
So they have an 11 woman Gauntlet match on a show hardly anyone sees? Alright.

I read that it was taped as an extra for the TNA video game or something like that.

You know, I kinda liked it too. Styles was fun and seems like quite the nice guy. Made me want to see Karen kick Kurt to the street.

I said this a while ago in another TNA thread, but this Joe/Angle match at Lockdown flat out 100% must be a clean finish with Joe beating the holy hell out of Angle. I mean a 20 minute long beatdown with Angle getting some hope spots but nothing else. No run ins. No bullshit. No ref bumps. Put Joe over strong for the belt.