TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HarleyQuinn

Desert Island Draft Thread

I haven't made a pick in a week; who the hell am I waiting on? And why do you guys keep changing up your names so it's harder to keep track of you?

Everything went to shit, my friend. I usually have no idea when it's my turn.

If the front page is right, Milky is up.

Wait a second...I am confused...how can Garth's Double Live be considered a pick? If that is the case...why can't I pick any of the over 100 commercially available Pearl Jam "Bootlegs" which are just live shows?

You can... as long as it was released by Sony.

Eeeeexcellent...

EB3D7FBC4E874BED95ED34BCA10DAE5B.jpg

Rick James - Street Songs

The number-one hit of the man who saved Motown. This record went triple platinum, and featured well-known hits Super Freak and Give it to Me Baby, as well as Fire and Desire (a popular duet with Teena Marie) and Ghetto Life (which has recently received a a revival as a result of Busta Rhymes' hit In the Ghetto).

With my next selection........... I select

flyleaf_cd_350px.jpg

Flyleaf - Flyleaf

After discovering this only a couple of days ago, I have been completely blown away by it. Every song is great, even the acoustic versions are great. Every song on the CD is a must listen, no skippable tracks. Also, it doesn't hurt that Lacey, the lead singer, is insanely hot.

Guest Vitamin X

Wow, totally forgot about this thing. Didn't get a PM or anything, and I don't bother checking the folder too often, so whatever. Hey, I'll just make two picks here and there and when my turn comes up, just go ahead and pick, don't bother waiting up for me since, as banky noted correctly, I probably won't take anything that he would and vice versa. So anyways, I'll make two now.

tool-undertow.jpg

Tool - Undertow

and

sandinista.jpg

The Clash - Sandinista!

I'm probably not going to do another write up until after June 2nd (yes, I am overdue with them), but my next choice is the album 3030.

200px-Pnyc.jpg

Portishead - NYC Live

My favorite live album ever. The brilliance of their music and the additional arrangements from the NY Philharmonic are just amazing. Plus, Beth's vocals on "Sour Times" are unreal, with her getting a Johnny Rotten like snarl during the last chorus.

MMLP.jpg

'The Marshall Mathers LP' by Eminem (2000)

- Eminem at the peak of his abilities. The entire album sounds fresh to this day and track for track (considering it's length), the album stacks very well against almost any rap album. 'Stan', 'The Way I Am' and 'Who Knew' in particular, are phenomenally strong songs and represent the best stuff Eminem has ever done.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I'm giving RHR fifteen minutes before I cut in line. Not like I'm going to take any Springsteen or anything else he'll want.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Time's up.

a_hard_days_night_b000002uaf.jpg

A Hard Day's Night

I don't have any Beatles yet and this one's almost my favorite anyway, so I'm happy to get it here. I strongly considered Rubber Soul, but I just like early happy simple pop song Beatles a bunch. Plus my list is pretty devoid of anything happy. This fills that void.

698807.jpg

The Richard D James Album

Not sure I have a whole lot of logic to this other than just liking it a lot.

Sorry guys...pace has been down so I forgot to mention i would be camping all weekend way the hell out of electric range....my next 2 picks are...with write ups to come...

PEARL JAM-LIVE BOOTLEG-SEATTLE 11/06/00

and

WILLIE NELSON-RED HEADED STRANGER

I'll get my write ups soon, and thanks for the ruling on Live albums...that is a Sony one.

requiem%20soundtrack-thumb.jpg

The Requiem For a Dream soundtrack by Clint Mansell and the Kronos Quartet

My favorite music score ever. Nothing else really to say.