TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Spring Training 2008

Guest Bullshiterica

Cubs rotation: Zambrano, Lilly, Hill, Marquis, Dempster, closer is Wood. Snort. Yeah, this'll last.

Guest Bullshiterica

Sorry, guys, I'm not a believer in one inning of Ryan Dempster, let alone six. He's a finesse pitcher with no finesse. I think he'll be adequate for two months before he gets rocked a few times and replaced with Jon Lieber, who will also not be very good.

I ran my 5th period teacher some errands today in hopes that tomorrow she'll let me hang out in her room the first couple periods of the day watching Sox/A's. I wake up pretty early anyway, so I'll catch the first couple innings, but then when I have to leave for school I'm sort of fucked.

Cubs rotation: Zambrano, Lilly, Hill, Marquis, Dempster, closer is Wood. Snort. Yeah, this'll last.

On paper it should be good, but I've seen how terrible Ryan Dempster and Rich Hill look at times. I think Dempster really should just be a middle relief pitcher. That Cubs bullpen still can use some improvement. I'd rather have Wood closing simply because it's going to be easier on his body.

I'm more concerned with the disaster that is Scott Eyre. I think he's the Cubs only LHP in the bullpen. ESPN is listing some guy named Carmen Pignatiello as another lefty.

ESPN is listing some guy named Carmen Pignatiello as another lefty.

He'd be an upgrade. And then there's always Sean Marshall, who isn't very good, but is also an upgrade from Eyre.

I'm still not entirely sure how Dempster had all but secured a spot in the rotation before ST even started.

Random Cubs question:

What's the deal with getting weekend tickets to a game? I was planning a trip out there to see the Phillies and it seems that tickets for the Saturday and Sunday game are not on sale (the Thurs and Fri games are). Is there a reason for this?

With Capuano's injury and Claudio Vargas being released today, thr Brewers rotation looks much more clear. Sheets/Supan/Villanueva/Bush/Parra. Gallardo will take over a spot when he comes back from knee surgery.

The Rangers officially sent Jarrod Saltalamacchia to the minors today.

And millions of Fantasy baseball fans cry out in anger.

Al took him in the fourth round of our eight-team AL-only league, and took offence when I mocked him for it.

The Rangers officially sent Jarrod Saltalamacchia to the minors today.

And millions of Fantasy baseball fans cry out in anger.

Al took him in the fourth round of our eight-team AL-only league, and took offence when I mocked him for it.

Yeah, it's terrible. I have to wait now until next week when Milton Bradley gets hurt.

I'm going to the first official Lehigh Valley IronPigs game in Scranton! April 3rd!

Yeah, thanks for reminding me that we lost our team.

Blame Norfolk. Ottawa stole our AAA Phillies in the first place. Besides, Ottawa will have a CanAm team this season yet.

Apparently Hideki Matsui got married. Here he is with an odd sketch of his new wife's face.

37221296.jpg

Hm. Well.

It looks like he's holding the picture up to the mic to address the media.

He was holding the picture up to address the media. Matsui held a press conference to announce he was getting married, but stated that his wife is shy and that he doesn't want to expose her to the media. The picture was his rendering of what she looks like.

The 'Stros released Woody Williams cuz he sucks. The rotation stands at:

Oswalt

Backe

Wandy

Chacon

Sampson

Releasing Woody bumps the starting pitching up from atrocious to merely below average. With the middle of the order being Pence, Berkman, Lee, Tejada and the pitching rotation being better than at the beginning of last year, I don't see how the 2008 Astros team is projected to lose as many games as last year. Four hitters capable of hitting between 25 and 30 HRs with around 100 RBI and Ty Wigginton who's capable of about 25/75 at least and trading Craig Biggio with Anal Fissure and Brad Ausmus with JR Towles seems to suggest that this year's team will be better than last year's team to me.