TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest dustinbeaverton

Samoa Joe re-signs with TNA

Guest dustinbeaverton

I've never watched even a single episode of TNA, so I am completely unfamiliar with Samoa Joe. But I read on another site that his contract is up with TNA soon and that he hasn't come to an agreement with them yet. Since I don't know anything about him, I just thought I'd throw that out there and see what you guys think...

Only if they give him the gimmick of a middle school dance DJ since that is what he reminds me of. I don't even see him as Samoan, I see him as a guy who plays "The Electric Slide" to try and get the kids grooving.

WWE wasn't that interested in him the last time around beyond the point of just keeping him away from TNA. Foley, Cena and Punk won't be able to change McMahon's mind and I don't see anyone else in the company strongly going to bat for him. Joe would likely know he's better off working NOAH/ROH again in and out of the ring.

Samoa Joe will get too much of the fan's approval when he wrestles to be held down along with Cena's help. John Cena will most likely want a match with Samoa Joe (title match), and I doubt the WWE will pass on that with the amount of heat it could generate.

Pro Wrestling Insider reports that Samoa Joe has signed a new long term deal with TNA through 2011. Joe was offered a new deal last year and turned it down. The two sides have been renegotiating since and it looks like they finally have things all squared away. This is a big deal as TNA can not afford to lose Joe. Many promotions in Japan have shown interest in him as well as the WWE.

From Gerweck.net

I wouldn't expect Joe to go to the WWE until the WWE knocks on his door loud enough for him to hear it.

Only if they give him the gimmick of a middle school dance DJ since that is what he reminds me of. I don't even see him as Samoan, I see him as a guy who plays "The Electric Slide" to try and get the kids grooving.

That would be awesome. LICENSE TO PRINT MONEY!!!!!!! (TM RD REYNOLDS)

Good for Joe, I'll always wish the best for him and follow him, because I saw him as a rookie, and am proud to see him rise to the top.