TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

OAO Raw Thread - February 18, 2008

These guys need to turn Cena heel ASAP. The guy doesn't even get cheered anymore

Turn Cena heel and you lose just about all of your women fans and the majority of your children fans. They've built Cena up as a hero for little kids to look up to, it wouldn't be wise to turn him.

These guys need to turn Cena heel ASAP. The guy doesn't even get cheered anymore

Turn Cena heel and you lose just about all of your women fans and the majority of your children fans. They've built Cena up as a hero for little kids to look up to, it wouldn't be wise to turn him.

Plus, if you turn Cena heel, the fans will probably cheer for him and they will be forced to turn him face again and we are right back where we are now with the guys booing and the women/kids cheering.

There was a guy named Hulk Hogan that was a hero for little kids too.......How did that heel turn work out?

I laughed at Vince spanking Hornswoggle with the belt, but I thought JBL's beatdown went a little far. Ramming him into the cage was more than enough to get the point across. I was kinda surprised he didn't go for a mini CFH.

The main event was pretty slow and not too good. The bad part about these Cena/Orton matches is the crowd is uncertain of who to cheer/boo. Women, Children, and some Guys cheer Cena, while the rest cheers Orton. They do get the crowd into their matches though, and at least creative is doing something right in that regard.

Not much to say about the rest of the show. Kinda an average week.

There was a guy named Hulk Hogan that was a hero for little kids too.......How did that heel turn work out?

Worked out fine... many years after his peak of being a hero.

Maybe it's just me, but i'm not even hearing the dual chants for Cena anymore. All I hear is Cena getting booed with maybe 10% cheering him. It's not even split anymore and it's not even close either.

While we're at it why don't they give Jeff Hardy a trench coat and a bat, and have him sit silently in the rafters for over year?

In which he wasn't booed out of buildings during those years, so yeah.

Regardless of how Hogan's heel turn went, I don't think Cena's would work at all. First of all, that was about 12 years ago. Hogan was wrestling in a different era than people are wrestling in now. He turned and joined the NWO, which was already getting the "cheer for the heel" cheers...

Plus, Hogan had DDP, Luger, Sting, Savage...all of those guys to feud with and give the fans a new hero. I don't think Hardy could fit that bill, and I think people want to cheer for someone other than HHH and Michaels.

While we're at it why don't they give Jeff Hardy a trench coat and a bat, and have him sit silently in the rafters for over year?

That might work......but only if HBK comes out from the crowd every week giving heels Diamond cutters

In which he wasn't booed out of buildings during those years, so yeah.

Yeah eventhough he was the heel, the faces looked like dorks and they eventually got booed against him.

Regardless of how Hogan's heel turn went, I don't think Cena's would work at all. First of all, that was about 12 years ago. Hogan was wrestling in a different era than people are wrestling in now. He turned and joined the NWO, which was already getting the "cheer for the heel" cheers...

Plus, Hogan had DDP, Luger, Sting, Savage...all of those guys to feud with and give the fans a new hero. I don't think Hardy could fit that bill, and I think people want to cheer for someone other than HHH and Michaels.

We agree there....maybe i'm just biased against him because i'm just so damn sick of the dude already. He just came back and i'm already dying for him to go away again. Maybe it's also that I liked him so much better as a heel. The guy is a joke now, imo.

That might work......but only if HBK comes out from the crowd every week giving heels Diamond cutters

Since they made 500 Million last year with Cena on top, I doubt they have to do any of the 3.

These days, Lawler is about as good a colorman as Mongo.

What the WWE needs is to build up another heel, that the fans are dying to see turn face. Someone like a Stone Cold, Rock or John Cena 03-04

I can remember back in 98 when the fans were going nuts for The Rock to turn face. The crowd went nuts when he beat Mark Henry, and then Rock Bottomed Vince...even if the face turn only lasted a few weeks to Survivor Series, they still built that character.

There isn't any heel on the roster that I can think of that the fans are dying to see turn. The closest thing they had was probably Kennedy or Carlito about 2 years ago...obvously no where near the magnitude of the fans desire to see Rock, Austin and Cena turn, but there was still some potential.

What the WWE needs is to build up another heel, that the fans are dying to see turn face. Someone like a Stone Cold, Rock or John Cena 03-04

I can remember back in 98 when the fans were going nuts for The Rock to turn face. The crowd went nuts when he beat Mark Henry, and then Rock Bottomed Vince...even if the face turn only lasted a few weeks to Survivor Series, they still built that character.

There isn't any heel on the roster that I can think of that the fans are dying to see turn. The closest thing they had was probably Kennedy or Carlito about 2 years ago...obvously no where near the magnitude of the fans desire to see Rock, Austin and Cena turn, but there was still some potential.

They don't need any of this, they're having their most succesful run since 2001, what they're doing is working fine.

After tonight I am starting to have that sinking feeling that Orton might retain at WM. He just looks like such a jobber after losing to Cena the way he did tonight that the storyline going into WM is that he HAS to finally get that win over Cena. None of these guys in this feud are remotely compelling right now to be honest. It's one guy who has had the belt forever and a day and I don't want him to get it again anytime soon, one guy that shouldn't have gotten it again anyway, and another guy who has had it so many times it isn't amazing if he gets it again.

Man, where was Jericho tonight? Is he already this buried that he can't even get on Raw after the PPV? JBL has now moved on to the Finlay angle, so that is apparently dead.

This was a pretty good show from an angle perspective, not so much for wrestling. I'm getting a distinct No Limit Soldiers vibe from Mayweather and Company, I really am. Anyone else feel this way?

Noone has ever ended more shows laid out on his back or face as a champion then Randy Orton. The guy looks like a super jobber that can't win a match but somehow still has the title.

I think if anyone needs to turn heel, it's Chris Jericho...he has absolutely nothing to do right now. I actually feel pretty bad for him.

The initial novelty of him being back has obviously faded, so turn him and let him be the sneaky, complaining heel that he's best at.

They don't need any of this, they're having their most succesful run since 2001, what they're doing is working fine.

Then why are a lot of your posts complaints about Cena?

I think if anyone needs to turn heel, it's Chris Jericho...he has absolutely nothing to do right now. I actually feel pretty bad for him.

The initial novelty of him being back has obviously faded, so turn him and let him be the sneaky, complaining heel that he's best at.

I think it's pretty obvious he came back for the paycheck.

If not, he should bite the bullet now and just quit.

Not sure what he really expected with our lord and savior still pulling the all strings in the WWE

Then why are a lot of your posts complaints about Cena?

Because a lot of my post are NOT complaints about Cena.