TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ECW 2.19.08

Preview:

Chavo retains gold at No Way Out

February 19, 2008

CM Punk’s ECW Championship hopes were dashed on Sunday night, when Chavo Guerrero retained the gold at No Way Out. While the Straightedge Superstar entered No Way Out on a winning streak, Guerrero proved to be the dominant one. The self-proclaimed “Mexican Warrior” hit a Frog Splash off the top rope, then pinned Punk for the victory. Will Punk earn another chance to dethrone Guerrero for the ECW Title or has Punk’s hot streak come to an end?

ECW will also receive a special visit from the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, who will appear for the first time since being named to this year's list of Hall of Fame inductees. What will the 16-time World Champion have to say?

Also at No Way Out, Big Daddy V took part in an Elimination Chamber Match against Undertaker, Batista, Finlay, MVP and The Great Khali. Eventual Chamber Match winner Undertaker hit Big Daddy V with a DDT on the Chamber floor, allowing Batista to pin the Extreme Mastodon. After a loss in the Elimination Chamber, what’s next for Big Daddy in the Land of the Extreme? How will the Extreme Mastodon make his Big presence known at WrestleMania XXIV?

On the last ECW, Tommy Dreamer & Colin Delaney experienced some success when the ECW Original avenged his loss to John Morrison from a week earlier. Still, the WWE Tag Team Champions fired back with vicious attacks. Will the underdogs continue to find success in the ring in their rivalry with Morrison & The Miz? Was Tuesday night nothing more than a fluke?

Also last week, the long-awaited Stevie Richards homecoming took place. He found immediate success in his first match back. How will the ECW Original’s return from his road to recovery continue?

Find out the answers to all of these questions and more on the next ECW on Sci Fi, Tuesday at 10/9 CT.

Jason Riggs was a developmental at one time IIRC, along with his brother. They played "seconds/cornermen" to Puders MMA character under Heyman's OVW.

I didn't recognize him, that was a awesome gimmick Puder had in OVW. Heyman's whole run was pretty damn great.

Wonder if they kill off Hornswoggle? More likely the "brain damage" will led to the heel turn and the long awaited arrival of Mini Vince.

Does Colin have a contract yet? He's a icon to all jobbers.

Wonder if they kill off Hornswoggle? More likely the "brain damage" will led to the heel turn and the long awaited arrival of Mini Vince.
I called for Mini Vince in the 2008 prediction thread, it has to happen.

Is Colin going to get any offense in?

If coming out to a ripoff of Man in the Box doesn't get Colin Delaney fired up, nothing will.

Too bad old school Vince wasn't there to announce that last exchange w/ the ejection and nearfall rollup.

I called for Mini Vince in the 2008 prediction thread, it has to happen.

Is Colin going to get any offense in?

Doesn't look like it.

But he could win with a roll up.

I'm waiting for Hornswoggle's "little brother" to debut - of course with somebody the size of Big Daddy V dressed up like a leprechaun playing the part.

And what better time to do it than after JBL and Finlay beat the holy hell out of each other at Wrestlemania. I can easily see Hornswaggle nailing Finlay with the shillelagh for the finish.

I liked that Miz "off the back-over the top-rope choke" was pretty badass.

and this needs to lead to Colin busting out something crazy like an STS or Burning Hammer or something.

His jumping through the ropes corner clothesline is kickass as well...

Yeah, Miz and Morrison drew some loud jeers for the beatdown on Dreamer and Colin. This angle's working, and it's actually the one I'm most interested in in WWE right now (though admittedly part of that is from the surrealness of Colin Olsen on WWE television).