LA Lakers @ Portland, 10:30

Miami @ Seattle, 10:30

Sat, Mar. 1

New York @ Orlando, 7:00

Utah @ Memphis, 8:00

San Antonio @ Milwaukee, 8:30

Philadelphia @ Phoenix, 9:00

Detroit @ LA Clippers, 10:30

Does anyone know where Phoenix' offense went? They scored 124 (?) against LA, and then barely broke 80 against the Celtics and are trailing 75-50 to Detroit.

I know this is a really small sample of just 3 games, but I think that this Suns team as presently constituted is toast in the playoffs.

I was keeping my eye on Shaq during the Celtics game. The announcers kept lauding him for this "presence" but what I saw was a guy who wasn't part of the offense at all and wasn't doing much on defense either. He was basically invisible.

Guest Michael Myers Resplendent

Is it just me are or the Phoenix Suns like the official sports team of hipsters?

Q. What went wrong in Detroit?

"What went wrong? I’d rather not say. Everyone knows the problem in Detroit, you know. Great players, great organization. I don’t have one bad word, one bad thing to say. Joe Dumars is the man. The first to the 15th guys make you feel like family. But no playing time, man. No playing time. I was just looking for a chance, and I didn’t get it. In a month-and-a-half, two months, all I got was garbage time. That’s not me man. I’ve been a starter in this league, I know I can play, so I’m not going to sit on the bench. I guarantee you that. I am not going to sit on the bench."

Q. And Charlotte?

"Sam Vincent, he changed it up. He wanted to go more run-and-gun. I have no problem with that, I can run three days in a row. But I think I set a record in the NBA: out of 50 games I started I didn’t get the ball, I didn’t get a shot off. So I was like, you know what Sam? You don’t need me, you don’t like me and I don’t like you, so get me out of here. And see how they’re doing this year?"

He's no Darko, but not too shabby.

I was keeping my eye on Shaq during the Celtics game. The announcers kept lauding him for this "presence" but what I saw was a guy who wasn't part of the offense at all and wasn't doing much on defense either. He was basically invisible.

Shaq was out of sync with the Suns offense, they're trying to see how they can use him without just setting up on the block. They were running a ton of pick and rolls with him and Nash and just generally moving him around. He looked lost a lot of the time, and the guys other than Nash didn't really know how to play him, and Nash hasn't really figured out his passing angles, but that will be easier once the other 3 guys learn to move and space around Shaq better.

To Shaq's credit he did look to be moving around pretty well and he was on the defensive boards. He was ok on defense, but he got beat too many times trying to double team or jump out on rotations. He's too slow be doing that shit.

It was pretty funny seeing Walton go completely overboard praising him, but he's looking at Shaq like he's Walton on the 86 Celtics.

I haven't even started to sniff the slightest bit of concern. As of right now, Shaq just doesn't know where to go and is screwing up the spacing on the court.

They are fitting in a new piece. I didn't get excited about the Celtics game and I am not getting all "woe is the suns" after todays lost. I think they are too good to fall out of the playoffs so I am not worried about that. they just need to fix the rotations.

Grant Hill had a bad game, but it was about time since he has been playing out of his mind. Boris Diaw hit alot of shots against the Celts, missed alot today...shit happens.

The real question this week: Who's going to win the Brent Barry seepstakes.

Clearly Phoenix could use him, but so could almost every team in the west. Does it come down to who has the biggest exception to offer him? Or will he just wait and go back to SA?

The real question this week: Who's going to win the Brent Barry seepstakes.

Clearly Phoenix could use him, but so could almost every team in the west. Does it come down to who has the biggest exception to offer him? Or will he just wait and go back to SA?

Well, the thing is, he is hurt and won't be back for atleast another 2 weeks anyway, so that probably makes san Antonio have a damn good chance getting him back. He might want the 30 days off.

Well, the thing is, he is hurt and won't be back for atleast another 2 weeks anyway, so that probably makes san Antonio have a damn good chance getting him back. He might want the 30 days off.

True...but this is the exact guy multiple teams need. Maybe he'll hold a grudge because they traded him off? Not likely, but you never can tell. Dallas, Phoenix, Houston, Cleveland, San Antonio, maybe even New Orleans could definitely find a place for him.

I bet it's nice for him to be getting all these phone calls, right?

True...but this is the exact guy multiple teams need. Maybe he'll hold a grudge because they traded him off? Not likely, but you never can tell. Dallas, Phoenix, Houston, Cleveland, San Antonio, maybe even New Orleans could definitely find a place for him.

I bet it's nice for him to be getting all these phone calls, right?

He certainly can choose who he thinks has the best chance at a championship and sign there. that is a position I bet alot of players want to be in right now.

The Lakers are all alone in front out west. Because they hold the tiebreaker over Phoenix, they're really two games ahead of them. Looking at the schedule, I can only see that lead increasing. Outside of Dallas, they play a lot of middling teams until a short southwestern road trip against a bunch of other elite teams. Bynum should be back by then, though.

Brent Barry should go to Phoenix. It's the best fit.

Who's going to win the Brent Barry seepstakes.

There's a sentence I never thought I'd see.

Ha. It does seem unlikely, but it proves that if you're a good shooter AND actually have decent defensive skills (Which Barry is a far better defender than a guy like Wally or Kapono and on par with Korver) you're going to have a 20 year career bouncing around from contender to contender.

Not only do you make a living, only really good teams want you, so you'll always be in a good spot!

I agree with him going to Phoenix. I think they need him the most, and he'll get the most playing time and the most open shots.

He'd fit well with the Nuggets and they need him badly, but I don't think they can afford it. In about three weeks Atkins comes back anyway, but who knows if he'll fit given that he's only played about three games this year. Anything to get Carter down to a situational/third option though.

Peja's shooting has done another disappearing act. I think I've heard that one before. Coincidentally, the Hornets have lost the 3 games in which his shooting was terrible, and they've fallen all the way down to a tie for 5th. You can't even lose three games out here without falling 4 or 5 spots. Even though Houston's won 12 in a row, they're 7th!

The game between the Pistons and the Nuggets was fucking awesome. Nip and tuck all the way down to the end. Awesome game.

The Raptors really need to stop playing down to the level of their opponents. They currently in a streak of games against NY (2), Ind (2), Minnesota and Charlotte. They should go 6-0 but so far they're only 2-1. This is their chance to get back in the home court picture but they continuously play to their opponents abilities rather than their own. It's very frustrating. Atleast TJ Ford looked great last night and Deflino's been on a roll lately (which offsets Anthony Parker's bi-monthly disappearance).

I think the Raptors' chance at home court died at the trade deadline. I don't see any way they pass Cleveland now, especially since they have one more trip out west (a five-gamer where they play the Lakers, Warriors and Jazz) while the Cavs are done with the Western Conference except for a couple of home games.

There was a stretch last season where they went something like 23-10 or so without him, so don't be surprised if they still play well.