TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Brandon

MLB 2K8 and MLB: The Show

So MLB 2k8 comes out today. I'm not sure about the show. Anybody played it yet? I always hate getting MLB and NBA games without reading reviews for it to see if one is superior than the other.

I downloaded the demo and even though it seems the same as last years Show gameplay wise. Graphics wise, it is 10 times better.

I'm stuck with the prospect of 2K8 since I'd like to play online and I doubt many will be on PS2 for it. I read IGN's review, but the guy seemed to harp on the fact that it wasn't "authentic" enough. All I want to know is if fielders don't boot simple catches anymore and I don't hit 43 homers a game like in 2K6.

I only own a Wii, but I was sort of looking forward to this. Is is still worth it?

No internet play, roster updates and the Minor League part (90+ real minor league teams and most stadiums) is out as well and from what I read, its not as deep simulation wise since its meant to be an arcade/sim hybrid for the dreaded "Casual gamer"

Well isn't that what most Wii owners are? 33 year old women ask if we have games for it at work. And it isn't for their kids.

The last baseball game I bought was MVP '05. I'm leaning towards giving MLB the Show a shot this year but am unsure because I have never played the series. Is it very user friendly/realistic? I'm interested to hear which game people prefer before I make a buy.

I only own a Wii, but I was sort of looking forward to this. Is is still worth it?

No internet play, roster updates and the Minor League part (90+ real minor league teams and most stadiums) is out as well and from what I read, its not as deep simulation wise since its meant to be an arcade/sim hybrid for the dreaded "Casual gamer"

Well, I am a casual gamer so that sounds fine to me.

The last baseball game I bought was MVP '05. I'm leaning towards giving MLB the Show a shot this year but am unsure because I have never played the series. Is it very user friendly/realistic? I'm interested to hear which game people prefer before I make a buy.

I like MVP Baseball better but I find the Show a suitable little game in its own right.

Last year I played every single game in a season in MLB The Show. That's how good it was. But I don't have a PS3, and if I were to get it it'd be for PS2, which sucks. I really don't want to get 2K8 since it's not on that level.

Guest Smues

Picked up The Show and 2K8 last night. Huzzah getting my free hat again this year, after getting hosed last year by buying used. And whoop-dee-do on the 2K8 freebies: 5$ off at Lids and a Jose Reyes bobblehead. OMG!

There's a demo available on XBox Live. I tried it out and the pitching controls seemed like they were going to take forever to get used to, but on my second game I was getting the hang of it. I'll probably pick it up once the price drops to $40.