TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

WWE.com Legacy

Wow I didn't believe there would be any effort in 24/7 Online when they changed the name but I was thankfully wrong. They've reorganized the categories and started ordering matches in the pay per view sections which is nice. I would love to see them do that with the Superstars and watch some Bret Hart and HBK matches in order.

They got a head start by hacking out Brock's section. But yeah, they've done a good job so far cleaning up their sections. One thing I'd like to see would be upgrading one 300k video to 750k each day.

They did restore Bock/Hennig's ESPN match in the AWA section.

The Kurt Angle section was also removed. Earlier today I wanted to watch that Summerslam Spectacular from 1993 but it looked like it was removed. Luckily someone posted a link to it in this topic, a couple pages back. As for the reorganizing, THANK GOD! I agree about the 300k videos, they need to start updating the quality on those.

A lot of the reason I killed my subscription a few years ago was because of the shitty 300k quality.

A lot of the reason I originally killed it was half the videos being repeated each month and most of them being crap I could find on DVD's. Lately it's been a pretty darn good site.

Has anyone seen the Andre-Studd match on the Philadelphia 1983 show? Studd has Andre in a front facelock for literally 10 minutes or longer on the mat. Was Andre tired or something?

I remember that facelock was on YouTube. I love how Monsoon/Graham had the balls to promote future live events during it. The strange thing is that if you take about 7 minutes out of that facelock, the match was actually a lot of fun.

It was also odd to see a lot of short matches (Snuka/Afa, Rocky/Sika, & even Bellomo/Sharpe).

Here are the belated matchlists for the Oct 08 specials for curious non-subscribers:

History of the Intercontinental Championship: Part XVI

Announcement of the New IC Champ Shawn Michaels - Raw 6/7/93

IC Title - Shawn Michaels vs Crush - KOTR 93

Owen Hart vs Shawn Michaels - All American Wrestling 8/8/93

IC Title - Cage - Shawn Michaels vs Marty Jannetty - Coliseum Video 8/17/93

IC Title - Shawn Michaels vs Mr Perfect - SummerSlam 93

IC Title - Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon - Coliseum Video 9/1/93

Wrestling Hot-Beds: New York

Pete Sanchez vs Johnny Rodz - MSG 1/22/83

Tommy Dreamer vs Colin Delaney - ECW 7/22/08

Diva Battle Royal - SummerSlam 2007

Lumberjack - Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs Andre the Giant - MSG 7/25/88

FTW Title - Taz vs Bam Bam Bigelow - Heatwave 98

Next Month - Minnesota

Mid-month update. The description for the 51st episode of Raw is GOLD, Jerry.

Raw: Episode 50

January 31, 1994 | Approx. run time: 40 mins.

The 50th episode of Raw is earth-shattering with the gigantic return of WWE Legend Earthquake. Will Earthquake send shockwaves throughout the Fernwood Resort in his re-debut? There will also be some controversy at the broadcast table because IRS is the guest commentator. He still holds Razor Ramon’s gold chains and the Bad Guy will do anything to get them back. Don’t miss Raw!

Raw: Episode 51

February 7, 1994 | Approx. run time: 37 mins.

Warning: Do not watch this episode if you have a weak stomach! That is unless you’re Bastion Booger’s No. 1 fan because Booger co-hosts Raw this week. You can also catch a young Hardcore Holly in action as “Sparky Plugg.” In the main event, IRS challenges Marty Jannetty. It’s a can’t miss episode of Raw.

DrV: With THAT main event? I'll bet it is! I'm just sayin'

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 16

December 21, 1986 | Approx. run time: 39 mins.

Will Ricky Steamboat ever return to the ring? Those answers might be revealed on Wrestling Challenge as Gene Okerlund visits his doctors. Andre the Giant also gives an exclusive interview discussing his sketchy reinstatement. Finally in six-man tag action, The Junkyard Dog and British Bulldogs face Greg Valentine, Brutus Beefcake and Moondog Spot.

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 17

December 28, 1986 | Approx. run time: 38 mins.

This week’s Wrestling Challenge features some of the largest Superstars in WWE. King Kong Bundy and Kamala are in action and both are victorious in record times! Along with the largest, one of the strongest Superstars, Dino Bravo wrestles. There’s also a big six-man tag this week as The Hart Foundation teams with Adrian Adonis to face Mike Rotundo, Dan Spivey and SD Jones. The final Wrestling Challenge from will be memorable.

DrV: The final Wrestling Challenge from what? (I know, I know - 1986)

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 19

January 12, 1987 | Approx. run time: 42 mins.

It’s a Hall of Fame edition of Wrestling Challenge this week. Tito Santana, King Harley Race, Don Muraco and Bob Orton Jr. are all in action! Plus, get caught up with all the happenings in WWE from Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat to Andre the Giant. WrestleMania III is just around the corner, so anything can happen on Wrestling Challenge.

DrV: I suspect Episode 18 of Wrestling Challenge featured and endless string of people saying "WWF" or mentioning Superstars "OF WRESTLING".

J.R.’s Pick of the Month: Dr. Death/Terry Gordy vs. The Steiners

October 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 19 mins.

For the third consecutive month Jim Ross takes a look back at classic tag team wrestling. This time, he discusses a classic match between The Steiner Brothers and Dr. Death and Terry Gordy. Catch J.R.’s exclusive interview then watch this memorable encounter.

Bonus Feature: Exclusive Interview with Jim Ross.

My Favorite Match: Matt Hardy - Hardys vs. Edge and Christian - Tag Team Ladder Match

October 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 22 mins.

You voted for Matt Hardy so enjoy an exclusive interview where he discusses his favorite match; of course, a Ladder Match. In fact, this is the first tag team Ladder Match in WWE history, and it’s between The Hardy’s and Edge and Christian. For the first time ever on WWE.com Legacy, re-witness this classic Ladder Match.

Bonus Feature: Exclusive Interview with Matt Hardy

Introducing: Victoria

October 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 6 mins.

Victoria sits down with WWE.com Legacy and looks back at her WWE wrestling debut from 2002. Victoria, currently the longest active WWE diva, talks exclusively what it’s like being a ring veteran and how she’s grown throughout the years. After the interview, check out Victoria’s debut match from Sunday Night Heat against Trish Stratus.

Bonus Feature: Exclusive Interview with Victoria

WWE Live Event from Madison Square Garden - 7/1/1991

July 1, 1991 | Approx. run time: 115 mins.

Catch the Madison Square Garden event WWE Universe unanimously voted for! Relive a classic tag team title encounter between The Nasty Boys and The Hart Foundation and Jake “The Snake” Roberts takes on the daunting task of defeating Earthquake. In the main event, Undertaker faces Ultimate Warrior in a Body Bag Match. Don’t miss the entire event from Madison Square Garden!

Saturday Night's Main Event 11/28/1987

November 28, 1987 | Approx. run time: 65 mins.

An interesting thing happened when WWE Universe voted on the episode of Saturday Night’s Main Event they wanted to see. There was a tie between two episodes. Instead of having a tie-breaker, WWE.com Legacy decided to air both episodes! This episode of Saturday Night’s Main Event features a WWE Championship Match between Hulk Hogan and King Kong Bundy. The other big match of the evening features Bret Hart taking on Randy Savage. Can the Excellence of Execution defeat Macho Man?

Saturday Night's Main Event 4/27/1991

April 27, 1991 | Approx. run time: 66 mins.

Ultimate Warrior is looking for revenge against Sgt. Slaughter on this edition of Saturday Night’s Main Event. Three months earlier, both Superstars were battling it out for the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble. Last time Slaughter was victorious; will lightning strike twice for the Hall of Famer? Also on the show is a 20-man battle royal and Bret Hart challenges “Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase. It’s no wonder WWE Universe wanted this Saturday Night’s Main Event to win at the polls!

Ep 18 of Challenge was actually a Prime Time-style 1986 year in review show. Why they couldn't air it, I don't know, but whatever. A charming thing about these six-man matches on Challenge is that they'll have three stars vs two stars and a shlub (Spot and SD Jones representing the ceiling-staring role).

W/ Bastion Booger co-hosting Raw, I'm surprised they didn't drop a "Make sure you pick this Raw" line.

IIRC, that MSG show has the epic Haku/Barbarian vs Kato/Fuji battle. It's really sad if that MSG show was really unanimously chosen. I guess they got both of my votes and it won 2 to zero to zero to zero.

EDIT - Updated the master list on Page 6.

They dubbed out the theme for the 4/91 SNME and dubbed in Nickelback's cover of Elton John's Saturday Night song. For as much as I hate Nickelback, the tune actually works. I'm much surprised it was actually cheaper to use that theme over the original theme they were using for the 1988-91 eps. Personally, I'd have gone with Def Leppard's Saturday Night High & Dry.

And I'll give you one big guess who got booked for the 12/21 ep of Challenge.

I'll give you one big guess who got booked for the 12/21 ep of Challenge.

Dennis Stamp did a WWF taping?

I used to love how RAW would hype the following week's "main event" no matter how awful it could be. It'd always go something like,

"Doink the Clown.....this evil jester has been terrorizing the World Wrestling __________ for months bringing tears when he should be bringing laughter. Iron Mike Sharpe......well he tries. Doink the Clown battles Iron Mike Sharpe, next week, on RAW."

Ok, maybe I kid a little, but that's how it always seemed. They'd make the simplest match look like it should be main eventing Madison Square Garden.

I used to love how RAW would hype the following week's "main event" no matter how awful it could be. It'd always go something like,

"Doink the Clown.....this evil jester has been terrorizing the World Wrestling __________ for months bringing tears when he should be bringing laughter. Iron Mike Sharpe......well he tries. Doink the Clown battles Iron Mike Sharpe, next week, on RAW."

Ok, maybe I kid a little, but that's how it always seemed. They'd make the simplest match look like it should be main eventing Madison Square Garden.

I think the silliest one I ever saw was for a Duke Droese vs Jerry Lawler match from Raw in late 1994. Though there's always an extra mark out factor when it actually does turn out to be a swank matchup. Case in point when they were hyping a Harts vs Headshrinkers match the week before RR94. Obviously, that didn't take place.

EDIT - Finally, here are the cards for the arena shows for October . . .

WWE Live Event from Philadelphia - 6/4/1983

Salvatore Bellomo vs Iron Mike Sharpe (Gary Michael Cappetta showing how much of a trooper he is)

Jimmy Snuka vs Afa

WWF Championship - Bob Backlund vs Ivan Koloff

Andre the Giant vs Big John Studd (W/ a front face lock that clocked in at just shy of a Super Bowl halftime show)

Rocky Johnson vs Sika

Madison Square Garden: 5/18/1987

Sam Houston vs Terry Gibbs

Paul Roma & Jim Powers vs Don Muraco & Bob Orton (Unfortunately, pre-Crank it Up)

Koko B Ware vs Dangerous Danny Davis (Tell me you didn't see that Brain. I happened to be looking at this bird over here making some noise, I saw the pin though.)

Lanny Poffo vs Dave Barbie

WWF Championship - Hulk Hogan vs King Harley Race

WWF Women's Championship - Fabulous Moolah vs Debbie Combs

WWE Live Event from Madison Square Garden - 7/1/1991

Shane Douglas vs Dino Bravo (Apparently hiding from the mafia by not dying his hair blonde. As for Douglas, I wonder how long he had to putz around the ring before they finally introduced him)

Ricky Steamboat vs Paul Roma

Jimmy Snuka vs Berzerker

Barber Shop w/ Randy Savage

WWF Tag Titles - Nasty Boys vs Hart Foundation

Greg Valentine vs Warlord

Jake Roberts vs Earthquake

Haku & Barbarian vs Kato & Mr Fuji (Complete w/ Fuji punking out Heenan on three occasions. Fuji's shady grin after the 1st innocent salt toss is gold Jerry, gold!)

Bodybag Match - Ultimate Warrior vs Undertaker

Saturday Night's Main Event 11/28/1987

George Steele vs Danny Davis

Randy Savage vs Bret Hart

WWF Championship - Hulk Hogan vs King Kong Bundy

Bam Bam Bigelow vs Hercules (Can anyone else understand what the fuck Bigelow was saying during his pre and/or between match promos?)

Saturday Night's Main Event 4/27/1991

Ultimate Warrior vs Sgt Slaughter

WWF Tag Titles - Nasty Boys vs Bushwhackers

20 Man Battle Royal

Bret Hart vs Ted DiBiase

Tito Santana vs Mountie

I had no idea Poffo did the whole poetry thing before he went heel. It's classic to hear Monsoon talk about how much he loves the poems & then a year or two later he rips the Genius everytime he reads one.

For what it's worth, here is a preview of upcoming months:

In regards to upcoming months:

-November: Stables and Survivors is the theme. We're going to look at many classic Survivor Series matches as well many popular factions in Sports Entertainment.

-December: Well December is going to be a mystery for now. All I can say is there will be a few holiday gifts in regards to brand new series. One might emphasize the old ECW and another series will chronicle one specific Superstar like never before.

-January- Expect tons of Royal Rumbles and other battle royals that haven't re-aired for years.

I must say I'll be pleased w/ the Survivor Series tag matches. I know I have tapes of every pre-2005 SS, but I would really rather not dig the tapes out, plus the tracking gets fussy on my VCR. Sounds like they'll need Striker back to educate everyone on factions in the history of something whatever ENTERTAINMENT!!!

Last December had a hardcore theme so it looks like they may repeat that *shrugs*

And being the whore for battle royals and Royal Rumbles I am, I hope they don't flake out on the January theme.