TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion

I seem to recall the internet community being pretty happy with BATB 2000 (rare for a WCW show at the time), but that could have been the hype of it all. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Yeah... from what I remember... a large part of the praise for the show was Booker T's title win.

Guest Smues

From what I remember the last hour of the show was fairly enjoyable (the whole Hogan angle, and Booker T's title win) but for the most part it was typical 99/00 WCW garbage. The women's match was a joke, and I'm really not looking forward to seeing the Vampiro match again.

Bash at the Beach 2000 was awesome. I think this was the PPV where GI Joe beat Stasiak in a boot camp match, then came back as Booker T to win the WCW title. It was a true "glass ceiling" moment on the IWC at the time.

Bash at the Beach 2000 was awesome. I think this was the PPV where GI Joe beat Stasiak in a boot camp match, then came back as Booker T to win the WCW title. It was a true "glass ceiling" moment on the IWC at the time.

No, that was Great American Bash. Booker faced Kanyon earlier on in this show. Here's the entire card:

Juventud Guerrera vs. Lt. Loco (Chavo Guerrero) for the Cruiserweight Title

Norman Smiley & Ralphus vs. Big Vito in a Handicap Match for the Hardcore Title

Daffney vs. Miss Hancock in a Wedding Gown Match

Chuck Palumbo & Shawn Stasiak vs. Kronic for the Tag Team Title

Kanyon vs. Booker T.

Mike Awesome vs. Scott Steiner for the U.S. Title

Vampiro vs. The Demon in a Graveyard Match

Shane Douglas vs. Buff Bagwell

Hulk Hogan vs. Jeff Jarrett for the WCW Title

Goldberg vs. Kevin Nash

Booker T. vs. Jeff Jarrett for the WCW Title

Hey we watched BATB 2000 as part of the short-lived "Tape of The Month Club" (poorly named since we watched all of the shows on DailyMotion). The opener is pretty good and I vaguely recall Smiley and Ralphus/Big Vito being a half decent comedy match but pretty much every other match not involving Booker T ranges from forgettable to WrestleCrap worthy dreck.

Like most Russo era WCW PPVs, I just remember feeling exhausted after I got done watching it. And not exhausted in a good way, exhausted like I felt after doing yardwork all day at my grandma's house.

I don't like WWE 24/7 being its own forum now. I liked it better as a sub-forum. I hate having to back out of the WWE forum to go into the 24/7 forum now.

I don't like WWE 24/7 being its own forum now. I liked it better as a sub-forum. I hate having to back out of the WWE forum to go into the 24/7 forum now.

Check this thread for a poll

No guarantee the higher-ups will listen to this (I won't name names but one of them hates sub-folders and this was likely his idea) but it's worth voicing your opinion. I know some will be happy that it's completely disconnected from the WWE Folder, so let's have some public voice.

I'm still getting updates from the future. Weird - even weirder that this didn't happen until today and Unforgiven isn't there (in theory, that would be part of the advanced 21st update I received).

The shows are:

On Cox, the shows are $2.99 a piece.

They're $1.99 on Time Warner. Not too bad of a deal. It's a shame I go back to my cableless school on Monday or else I'd order a few (I haven't seen '96 and '97 since they first came out on VHS).

Can anyone vouch for the quality of the HD remastered Rumbles? I might throw down the $3 for 1992 if it is any good.

PYBO choices for next month:

Superbrawl III

The Hollywood Blonds vs. Erik Watts and Marcus Bagwell

Too Cold Scorpio vs. Chris Benoit

Davey Boy Smith vs. Bill Irwin

Falls Count Anywhere Match

Cactus Jack vs. Paul Orndorff

SMW Tag Team Championship

The Rock 'n' Roll Express vs. The Heavenly Bodies (Champions)

WCW United States Heavyweight Championship

Dustin Rhodes vs. Maxx Payne

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Barry Windham vs. The Great Muta

White Castle of Fear Strap Match

Big Van Vader vs. Sting

IYH 13 (Final Four)

I've seen the four corners elimination match a ton (someone was showing all the 97 RAWS and PPVs in order on justin.tv a month or so back to boot). Never understood why Austin was supposed to win but go so hurt mid match that they switched off of it, yet he was actively involved in the end and on RAW the next night.

Marc Mero vs. Leif Cassidy

The Nation of Domination vs. Bart Gunn, Goldust, and Flash Funk

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Rocky Maivia (Champion) vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

WWE Tag Team Championship

Doug Furnas and Phil LaFon vs. Owen Hart and The British Bulldog (Champions)

WWE Championship (Four Corners Elimination Match)

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin vs. Vader vs. The Undertaker

No Way Out 2005

Who wouldnt want to revisit Luther Reigns vs. the Undertaker?

WWE Tag Team Championship

Rey Mysterio & Eddie Guerrero vs. The Basham Brothers (Champion)

Booker T vs. Heidenreich

WWE Cruiserweight Championship (Gauntlet Match)

Chavo Guerrero vs. Paul London vs. Funaki vs. Spike Dudley vs. Shannon Moore vs. Akio

Undertaker vs. Luther Reigns

No. 1 Contender Match

John Cena vs. Kurt Angle

SmackDown Rookie Diva Contest

WWE Championship (Barbed Wire Steel Cage Match)

JBL (Champion) vs. Big Show

Superbrawl III. Superbrawl III. Superbrawl III. Superbrawl III. Superbrawl III. Superbrawl III. Superbrawl III. Superbrawl III.

Vader vs. Sting is an incredible bloodbath.

Guest Smues

Absolutely. Plus even just snippets of the White Castle of Fear Mini-Movie would be awesome. STINGER!!!!

Guest Smues

I've got vengence part 2 up as well. Which I guess works, because I recall the main event being the only decent part of the show.

When do they announce what won the PYBO voting? Because I'm quickly learning that while the website says they announce it on the 1st of the month, that's bullshit since the poll is still up 4 days in.

Generally whenever they feel like it. Sometimes we find out from the Sunflower website first!

I enjoyed Vengeance 02 but there might be bias since I was there.

Edit: I seem to have Part 2 now too, and it has a standard 2 week expiry date. Call me Conspiracy Joe, but I have a feeling someone realized that the opening match had to be but (which is 15 minutes plus intros) and that cutting the opening match might come off as odd, so I have a feeling Part 1 will not even show up next week.

That was scheduled like that. I'm assuming next month features both Cyber Sunday and Survivor Series.

Makes sense. I didn't consider that. Thanks.

On the subject of No Mercy, the ladder match lived up to my high expectations, although there were a few flaws (mostly Michael Cole's commentary, although I was disappointed when Shawn failed to recreate and escape the end from the WM X match). Still, there were way more high points, and if this was December, I'd have voted it as Match of the Year, even against the Flair match.

Cogeco hasn't been updating the "Free Trial" menu for many months now (the odd time, the month's preview show might show up) but now that they did this month, I couldn't help but notice the "Raw Preview" is actually the entire episode. Has this been common? That's pretty cool that in theory someone could check that out and decide to subscribe, but I know that's hard with some cable companies. With Cogeco, every digital cable subscriber has access to every OnDemand menu, premium service or not, to check out what's there. When I visit out of town friends with Rogers, if you don't subscribe to a service, you can't even see the program listings, so this would not be helpful to them.