TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

Floyd Mayweather vs The Big Show

Remember that they will be showing this across the country via ESPN and other main stream outlets and presumably for posterity, using a briefcase wouldn't really look impressive.

Guest NyqZoo
Yeah, but I think MVP and Money Mayweather would be a more realistic alliance, than anybody else on the roster.

In terms of realism they could play up Elijah Burke's boxing background and have him do the run-in. It could give him a hotshot to the upper midcard for next year (assuming anyone in management cares about him). The feud writes itself and they can do some more worked boxing/wrestling/mma stuff that might actually be entertaining with two actual wrestlers.

Yeah, but I think MVP and Money Mayweather would be a more realistic alliance, than anybody else on the roster.

In terms of realism they could play up Elijah Burke's boxing background and have him do the run-in. It could give him a hotshot to the upper midcard for next year (assuming anyone in management cares about him). The feud writes itself and they can do some more worked boxing/wrestling/mma stuff that might actually be entertaining with two actual wrestlers.

I would be more interested in Burke/Mayweather than Show/Mayweather, but the fact is Im willing to bet the Mayweather camp would be too worried that Burke might make Mayweather look bad in boxing related stuff (if Burke is as good of a boxer as he's been hyped up being prior to wrestling) so I doubt that will happen.

Plus Burke is a heel still and since they panicked and turned Mayweather heel I dont think it would work.

" Im willing to bet the Mayweather camp would be too worried that Burke might make Mayweather look bad in boxing related stuff (if Burke is as good of a boxer as he's been hyped up being prior to wrestling)"

WORST POSTER ON TSM STRIKES AGAIN

I would be more interested in Burke/Mayweather than Show/Mayweather, but the fact is Im willing to bet the Mayweather camp would be too worried that Burke might make Mayweather look bad in boxing related stuff (if Burke is as good of a boxer as he's been hyped up being prior to wrestling) so I doubt that will happen.

Are you actually suggesting that Burke could even hang for one second with Mayweather in a boxing ring? I don't know if that's what you are saying or I just read it wrong, but that would be one of your most idiotic statements yet.

Plus Burke is a heel still and since they panicked and turned Mayweather heel I dont think it would work.

You think any heavyweight who is a step above a club fighter would go to OVW instead of going pro? Part of the spectacle is the size difference between Show and Floyd which puts doubt into the audience. That will get many to buy the PPV. It wouldnt work as well with anyone else on the roster.

Are you actually suggesting that Burke could even hang for one second with Mayweather in a boxing ring? I don't know if that's what you are saying or I just read it wrong, but that would be one of your most idiotic statements yet.

Id take bets on Burke being able to last at least 4 rounds with Mayweather which would make him look bad "Hey look, it took Mayweather 4 rounds to beat a wrestler in a boxing match..Haha"

Burke has amateur experience and a pretty good record (given vs not so quality talent) but I do think he could at least last 4 rounds with him before getting knocked out.

No, he wouldn't last four rounds in a legitimate boxing match against Floyd Mayweather Jr. I don't need to further expound on why that was yet another absolute brain dead comment from you.

You do realize that Mayweather is, pound for pound, the best boxer in the world, and Burke is a pro wrestler, right?

A pro wrassler with 100 fights of amateur boxing experience. Its not like Im saying lets dig up Bart Gunn and try that again.

Floyd Mayweather, 39-0 as a professional fighting the best in the world versus Elijah Burke, with an unsubstantiated and, if it is true, padded amateur record who made his career fighting in nightclubs and presumably hasn't boxed in years. Yeah.

You do realize that Mayweather is, pound for pound, the best boxer in the world, and Burke is a pro wrestler, right?

A pro wrassler with 100 fights of amateur boxing experience. Its not like Im saying lets dig up Bart Gunn and try that again.

You do realize there's a big difference between a #1 pound for pound world champion pro boxer and a former amateur boxer right. You're making yourself look like a complete idiot now. How about you just quit right now, and let it go. Save yourself from further humiliation.

Guest NyqZoo

Geez, I'm sorry I brought it up. :( My first post sparked a bunch of flaming, I hope it doesn't become a trend.

Anyways, I just figured Burke could continue with Big Show as a loosely related "boxing vs pro wrestling" feud after Wrestlemania. Maybe I just feel sorry for Burke and want him to get some airtime other than to job to the stars of ECW; he could be used so much better.

If Kurt Angle was still around, he would be the perfect fit. They could hype up the whole "boxer vs wrestler" thing and each guy can go on a rant about how his respective sport is superior.

Of course, I don't think they would let it be a legit fight....I dont think we need to see the outcome of that...

Geez, I'm sorry I brought it up. :( My first post sparked a bunch of flaming, I hope it doesn't become a trend.

Anyways, I just figured Burke could continue with Big Show as a loosely related "boxing vs pro wrestling" feud after Wrestlemania. Maybe I just feel sorry for Burke and want him to get some airtime other than to job to the stars of ECW; he could be used so much better.

It would be perfect if Show were still the heel. Then if were to go over Mayweather, he could come out on RAW the next night and proclaim his dominance over boxers. Then Burke could com out and claim he hasn't beaten this boxer. But that would be really awkward to make Burke the face.

Maybe it could work if show were the face. However, I don't know how a face bragging like that would come off.

People like cocky angry Big Show. He's not just getting responses because people don't like Mayweather, the double-turn was also done because Big Show came back with a cooler attitude then he's ever been booked with. It's pretty similar to his ECW persona, but more likable. I'm glad they are giving him so much mic time.

Those of you who are suggesting that someone else would have been better in the role against Mayweather (MVP, Burke, Angle) are missing the whole point of this angle. The match is being sold on the spectacle of a 7' 450 pound man against the world's best boxer. They are selling the sideshow appeal of the encounter, not the wrestlers themselves. Big Show is the perfect wrestler for this role.

Those of you who are suggesting that someone else would have been better in the role against Mayweather (MVP, Burke, Angle) are missing the whole point of this angle. The match is being sold on the spectacle of a 7' 450 pound man against the world's best boxer. They are selling the sideshow appeal of the encounter, not the wrestlers themselves. Big Show is the perfect wrestler for this role.

I know I wasn't talking about the WM match. I thought the conversation had moved to what to do with Show after WM.

I know I wasn't talking about the WM match. I thought the conversation had moved to what to do with Show after WM.

I didn't direct that towards you personally. People on these forums have suggesting those various names as better alternatives to Big Show, which I find ludicrous because it shows a fundamental misunderstanding about the appeal of Floyd Mayweather in a wrestling ring. I'm not trying to call anyone out here.

Without fantasy booking, how do you guys NOW see it going? I don't mean how you want it to go, just how the finish will be given the double-turn.

As someone mentioned earlier - chaos amongst Mayweather's entourage and the WWE roster ensues, and then someone comes in with a cheap shot on Big Show... allowing Mayweather to get the win.

LOL @ Mayweather jobbing. One of the world's greatest boxer, with a current undefeated record, is not losing on a (pre-determined) wrestling show.

I agree. If he's going to leave himself open to cracks and jibes by getting involved in pro wrestling, he's going to be damn sure he 'wins'.

Who even mentioned the prospect of Mayweather doing the job? No one seriously doubts the actual result but rather the events that determine it. TBS is respected by the company unlike Bigelow was in 1995, they'll make sure to protect Show as much as they can. The logical finish is the one we all discussed and largely agreed upon. The lone debate directly tied to Mayweather is the question of "Does he get a cheap punch in prior to the finish or the basic opportunistic cover?" Personally, the former would properly suit the entire feud.

One thing I'd like to bring up is - does anyone reckon they would they have offered the same spot to Hatton, had he beaten Mayweather?

No. This angle is predicated on Mayweather's cocky personality and desire to promote himself and Hatton isn't as widely known as Mayweather is. Just imagine how big a deal it would be if De La Hoya agreed to do it as the original plan called for.

I'd take Butterbean TODAY over Burke in boxing or mma, and quickly.

This whole thing makes me wish they had been able to use Tyson as a special attraction at Wrestlemania years ago rather than a special referee. His career would have ended a bit better had he became a part-time wrestler and hung it up back then too.