TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Goal line blitz

There's probably some FA corners out there too. We really need to get rid of every garbage CPU player on our team, they just kill us compared to humans.

The fact that DEs are still amazing returners is stupid. They need to fix that.

...well, that does it. The other shoe has dropped and Ced...is...pissed! CPUs below level 4 are getting canned immediately and inactives are on notice. We best win the next game or I'm likely to bust out a Denny Green impersonation.

Edit: Roster Implosion via Chainsaw Physics. CPU or an inactive by somebody's name = Open season on that position.

I seriously have no idea how you guys keep losing. Shouldn't the South American AAA league be easy? You've definitely got more talent than my Eastern European Pro League team and they're something like 9-2 since I bought the team. It must be a lack of depth. Maybe sign some Level 8 CPUs to replace the Level 4 and 5 CPUs that are still getting time.

Searching the free agency pool for more reliable second stringers. We'll see if anything pans out there...

From what I've seen level 1 Human players tend to perform better than level 4 CPU players. I'd get as many human players on your squad as possible.

Humans > CPU.

And methinks it's a lack of depth; we keep losing close and we keep losing late, and that just screams "We're too tired to seal the deal".

I've got 400 points to work with, 500 if one of the two referrals I've got idling come back, so I can make some depth if you want. Just name the positions.

I want to know how I'm a better blocking TE than receiving when all my points are in the Receiving Skill set.

I want to know how I'm a better blocking TE than receiving when all my points are in the Receiving Skill set.

Shit I've barely touched my pass rushing skill tree and put a ton in to the Run Stuffer tree and yet I'm rated higher as a pass rusher than overall.

It's because skill points don't count, only those basic stats like speed/strength/etc. That's why you see Offensive Tackles with a yellow bar in tackling...not because of the points they have in tackling, but because of their high strength.

Quick scan of needs:

There's a huge drop-off in abilities when it comes to the defense, especially at LB. Second stringers will be welcome pretty much on every front there.

On the offensive end, a #2 RB would be appreciated. Unless one of the FBs comes back around, we have that open at starter.

THE STREAK IS OVAH!

16-14 win.

Despite giving up 14 points in the second half, we nailed a field goal in the 4th quarter to preserve the victory.

Now that my OT position has been usurped (<_< on that, by the way) you're welcome to put Slate Fistcrunch at backup guard, backup DT, backup DE...wherever he's needed to help fill depth. It'll be interesting to see how he does playing out of position.

In a bout of craziness, I'm moving Slate over to starting RG as we ween ourselves away from Dustin Reese, whose contract is set to expire in just a few days. Reese hasn't had any input since he was a level 3 or 4, so he's got at least 20 wasted SP on him. Out-of-position penalty be damned, I'm sure an active lv. 9 OT can outperform that.

When did I become the go to receiver?

Not that I'm complaining, but I jumped from being like the 5th or 6th receiver to top in like a game.

Also call me a stickler for regional team names but it bothers me that there are Orlando Sharks, Louisiana, and Cleveland in the South America region. It just bugs me.

Also call me a stickler for regional team names but it bothers me that there are Orlando Sharks, Louisiana, and Cleveland in the South America region. It just bugs me.

I don't care for it either. Smartmarks FC still works, but seeing a Houston team playing in Europe Pro, or Texas in Canada AAA is just weird. At least pick a city that's in the region.

I don't care for it either. Smartmarks FC still works, but seeing a Houston team playing in Europe Pro, or Texas in Canada AAA is just weird. At least pick a city that's in the region.

Yeah our name isn't city/region specific. I'm just anal about that kind of thing.

Yeah our name isn't city/region specific. I'm just anal about that kind of thing.

Where is this place called Canada? Is it in Ohio?

I guess if anything, we can just say it's a business-sponsored team. Heck, I even renamed the stadium "The Pitch Presented by TheSmartMarks.com" on a complete whim awhile back.

Man, I can't help but notice I'm lagging way behind all of a sudden on lvls. Anna's WR has jumped 5 lvls in the last 2 weeks 0o Any tips?

I think Annie used some Flex Points and gave her WR the 3 level boost treatment like alot of us did. The other 2 levels were probably game related.

I guess if anything, we can just say it's a business-sponsored team. Heck, I even renamed the stadium "The Pitch Presented by TheSmartMarks.com" on a complete whim awhile back.

Man, I can't help but notice I'm lagging way behind all of a sudden on lvls. Anna's WR has jumped 5 lvls in the last 2 weeks 0o Any tips?

I think Annie used some Flex Points and gave her WR the 3 level boost treatment like alot of us did. The other 2 levels were probably game related.

Ah right, I've only got 200 flex points, should probably think about bribing people to join then :D

I'm wondering if our QB should boost some of his strength or not? Might help in us getting a deep threat going..

27-0 blowout win today, which is awesome.

12 Pancakes from MGS and Machado records the first sack of the season.

Glad to see you guys are doing well now with the back-to-back victories. As for leaving, I think I've decided being a player pretty much anywhere is boring after you own your own team. When my contract runs out with the Calgary Warriors, I might just retire and use the flex points to renew my team. So you probably got a good deal getting the Level 8s or 9s for me.

Also, I agree 1000% on the out-of-region team names, it drives me up a wall. In the Eastern European Pro League, we have the Washington Chairmen, the Sheboygan Chaos Theory, the Cincinnatti Tigers, and the New Jersey Devils. Even worse, all of them but New Jersey are 3-0. I don't mind if it's cute like the "American Invaders" (Eastern Europe Pro) or "American Vacationers" (some random team I saw somewhere else), but for the love of god, don't just US cities unless you're in a US league.

"American Vacationers" (some random team I saw somewhere else),

That would be in the Eastern Europe AAA -Zeta league. It's miles better than stuff like the Carolina Leatherwrecks, New World Order, and the "Nebaska" Huskers. At least these guys give off the appearance of a team of barnstorming Americans playing in Eastern Europe. I really hate these idiots who changes the team's name to some American city or something. At least my team's owner went with something regional and good(KGB All Stars). I think I would have demanded a trade if I ended up on the Huskers team.