TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonddust

Wrestlemania XXIV Discussion Thread

Wade Keller is reporting that WWE officials in charge of working out the Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather match are not optimistic about how the match is going to work out. Although the No-DQ booking is designed to cover Mayweather's inexperience in a worked setting, the word coming in is that Mayweather's learning at a much slower pace about how to take part in a worked atmosphere than was expected. To give an idea of how everyone is fearing the results, Triple H has been assigned the task of attempting to save the match from being a disaster by working closely with Show & Mayweather on the planning of the match.

I am so goddamned pissed I have to go into work tonight at 7.

I wouldn't have bought the PPV (I never do) but I definitely would have gone up to BWW to watch it.

fucking work.

Weather update:

The Weather Channel/weather.com is now stating a few evening showers and improving conditions overnight. Chance of rain is now down to 30 percent.

The bad news? There's a thunderstorm both directly south and directly east of the Citrus Bowl right now, with everything moving to the west. Looks like anyone at WM24 right now might get soaked within the next hour.

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interac...eMapLayer=radar

Uh, that's definitely not Edge.

Looking at his profile on WWE.com, yeah, I guess it's Shannon Moore.

Just been forever since I've seen him on TV that I didn't recognize him.

Moore is on the other side with the bandana next to Kingston.

Uh..........

there's a picture of all the guys in the battle royale. Who is that next to Kofi?

on WWE.com right now, there's a picture of all the guys in the battle royale. Who is that next to Kofi?

Moore is on the other side with the bandana next to Kingston.

Ok, now I'm upset. They waited until the day of Wrestlemania to hype up Edge/Taker as Streak vs Streak?

Because no one actually buys it due to Edge not winning last year at WM.

I'm hoping the stream on Streams Mania doesn't crap out every 3-5 minutes.

link plz

Any other stream links would be much appreciated, since most of them crap out sooner or later, it's better to have several available.

I just ordered the show in HD. Going to grab some beer and wait for people to start showing up. Not sure how many people will be here, but at $5 a head, Mania is going to be very reasonable for me this year if only 5-6 people show up.

Just finished my annual Mania countdown and after watching 23, seeing how great the MITB match was, and remembering the feeling of how excited I was to be there live when Michaels hit Cena with the superkick and for a moment I thought he was winning the title, I've been hit with Mania fever. I think MITB IV will be once again be a great spotfest and most of the matches are on track to deliver.

Let's do some (but not complete) "On Year Later" comparisons, shall we?:

Randy Orton: In the opening match of WrestleMania 23, is the WWE champion heading into this year's show.

Edge: In the opening match of WrestleMania 23, is the World champion heading into this year's show.

Chavo Guerrero: Teaming with Gregory Helms, lost a dark match to Carlito and his partner Ric Flair. Heads into this year's show as ECW champion.

Ric Flair: Elevated from dark match to one of the show's main events.

Undertaker: Same role as last year.

Umaga: Same brand vs. brand role as last year minus celebrity involvement.

CM Punk, Mr. Kennedy: Same role as last year in the MITB.

That's neither very Christian or HD of you, friend.

So, think we'll get any wacky entrances this year? I don't think they'll go to Mania 22 levels of wackiness but maybe something like last year's Cena entrance.

My stream site has been down all day, so no WM live for me. Guess I'll have to wait another year for the first one.

Unrelated note, Flair's a 3:1 underdog on oddsmaker.com. Michaels, Jericho, Batista, HHH, Finlay, Mayweather & Taker are the favorites. Chavo's match isn't a betting option.

That's neither very Christian or HD of you, friend.

So, think we'll get any wacky entrances this year? I don't think they'll go to Mania 22 levels of wackiness but maybe something like last year's Cena entrance.

If by an act of god, the Undertaker's streak is finally ended by a lightning strike to his dome, then I'll think about it.