TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

WWE Smackdown (3/28/08)

The spoilers thread is for pre-show discussion only. Use this thread to discuss this week's edition of Smackdown.

Courtesy of WWE.com

On what will be the final edition of Friday Night SmackDown before WrestleMania XXIV, emotions will be high, adrenaline will be flowing and last-minute strategies will be formulated. With The Granddaddy of Them All just two days away, some Superstar dreams will be realized, while others will be crushed.

This Friday, all eyes will be on Undertaker and World Heavyweight Champion Edge, as they prepare to defend their respective streaks at WrestleMania. For Undertaker, it’s a 15-0 unbeaten WrestleMania record. For Edge, it’s never having lost to Undertaker. As first announced last weekend in a WWE Mobile on AT&T exclusive video, Edge plans to celebrate the end of Undertaker’s WrestleMania streak this Friday on SmackDown. WWE.com has learned Edge and his cohorts are planning a macabre burial service. Will this grim celebration be premature, or will it prove to be a bold prediction of things to come in Orlando, Fla. on Sunday night?

Last week on SmackDown, United States Champion MVP clashed – verbally and physically – with Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho inside the VIP Lounge. In the end, Jericho got the upper hand on his Money in the Bank adversary by knocking MVP from atop a ladder in the ring. The two will meet again this Friday, "Champion vs. Champion," just 48 hours before they battle on the WrestleMania stage. Will MVP claim victory once again over Y2J, like he did in a tag team match Monday night on Raw?

With Batista set to face Umaga in the SmackDown vs. Raw Battle for Brand Supremacy at WrestleMania, Raw General Manager William Regal will be sending a Raw Superstar to SmackDown this week to give the Animal one final test. Who will Regal choose for this mission?

WrestleMania will also have implications on ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero’s title. The winner of the 24-Man WrestleMania Battle Royal will earn the opportunity to face the champion in a title match. SmackDown Superstars Kane, Mark Henry, Chuck Palumbo, The Great Khali and Jamie Noble among others will all be included in this 24-man over-the-top rope war. Last week on SmackDown, Henry destroyed Kane, Khali and Palumbo. This Friday, will one of SmackDown’s big men be out for revenge before they all do battle at 'Mania?

Also this Friday, the Diva Competition heats up even further as one more Diva will be eliminated according to your votes, and we move one step closer to finding out who will win a custom Beverly Hills Chopper. To vote, text your favorite Diva’s name to 44993.

Tune in to Friday Night SmackDown at 8/7 CT on The CW Network to find out what happens on the final SmackDown before The Granddaddy of Them All!

I haven't seen the spoilers, so I'm probably going to be way off. I see Undertaker interrupting the burial service, getting the upper hand, but eventually falling to the numbers and getting laid out as the announcers speculate that the streak could be over at Wrestlemania.

I'm kind of behind in my Mania viewing (I'm JUST on X7 right now) this year so I will probably be watching Mania XIX or XX while SmackDown is on, but I know The Score will be showing it Saturday before the Hall of Fame. Of course, before the Hall of Fame, I'll be watching The Hall of Fame on WWE.com. Huh...

I never really catch SmackDown anyway, but it IS the last show before Mania.

First time I watching Smackdown in quite while because of the MVP/Y2J match. Punk/Morrison was a really good match with a great last 5 or so minutes. These two seem to turn it up in the TV matches against each other. Their matches on PPV seemed to all be disappointing.

I have Mania X8 on right now (At Hogan / Rock with little interest in continuing without the FF button when it's done) but I totally forgot about Morrison/Punk and MVP/Jericho. I'll be sure to catch this later tonight on the LA feed or tomorrow on The Score.

On the topic of Morrison / Punk, I hadn't seen any of their TV bouts but was 'lucky' enough to catch their less than classic encounters at Vengeance and SummerSlam. I was really happy to see them have an awesome match at a TV taping I went to in October, but sadly the crowd had all gone home after SmackDown and it felt very dead.

Maybe it's some of that old "don't upstage the top guys on the ppv" mentality.

The mentality that makes me thing that JBL/Finlay won't be having a chance to rock at WrestleMania.

This match revolves around Vince McMahon, so he'll be involved in some capacity. Which means they'll get to do what they need to do and JBL will make sure of that. I do believe people are expecting too much with this one. I think Batista and Umaga will pull of the better mid-card brawl.