TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest (Loggins Name)

Airbag/How Am I Driving?

Guest Cock Ring Warehouse

Gee, I guess even the board historian is doomed to repeat mistakes.

Guest Cock Ring Warehouse

All part of our master plan to set you back, Jingers.

Guest dannymaffwasmurdered

Hey I lost posts too but there's no way we're fixing several hundred post counts.

Guest dannymaffwasmurdered

If I change it for you then I have to change it for everyone else that asks!

I only asked because I think people have a bias against anyone under 1000. Once you get to the multiple thousands, nobody even notices what you're at. Plus, once I reached 1000 again I'd have to recreate my 1000th post thread, and once again be voted into retirement. I'd then have to kill another pet to have an excuse to not retire. Just seems like too much trouble.

If people start lining up for their post counts, just make VX take care of them.

I don't understand why there can't be an open Benoit discussion thread. People obviously want to talk about it. People who feel they have made their point known, and have had enough, can just avoid the thread... but if they want to argue their point until their face turns blue, all the power to them.

I just don't think it'd hurt anything for people to be posting their opinions/arguing with each other about Benoit in a thrad.

The Benoit thread has been done over and over and over again. It never leads to anything good. We had a topic about it that went on for nearly nine months and it eventually degenerated into a mess that consisted of three different opinions repeated ad-nauseum. Either:

1) To hell with Benoit for killing his family. He is evil.

2) Guys, Benoit isn't evil. He had dementia. We just don't know what he was thinking. I will remember him as someone who loved his family even though he violently murdered them.

3) Who cares if Benoit killed his family? We should separate that from his wrestling ability which made millions of fans happy.

The debates sparked bad feelings with posters attacking one another for their viewpoints -- and really, in these types of threads, NOBODY is going to change their opinion, regardless of the talking points from the other side. Furthermore, some just came out with the most asinine points -- last time, it was comparing the situation to Hitler. Even in the post that was just created, he talked about some fictional scenario involving John Doe who rapes 17 year old girls and compared it to Benoit who he just KNOWS loved his family although, unless he spent personal time with Benoit and his family to determine their daily interactions and the environment of their family life, he is unqualified to say such a thing.

So yeah, the Benoit threads have a steep downside and really, not much of an upside at this point. Until some kind of relevant news comes out that makes the presence of such a thread necessary, there is no reason for it.

Yeah, that guys post was a crock of shit. Also, I went to that website he posted, and my virus alert went off saying something was trying to download onto my computer... Might want to edit it out of his post. Though, I don't know much about viruses, so maybe it's nothing.

We had a topic about it that went on for nearly nine months and it eventually degenerated into a mess that consisted of three different opinions repeated ad-nauseum. Either:

2) Guys, Benoit isn't evil. He had dementia. We just don't know what he was thinking. I will remember him as someone who loved his family even though he violently murdered them.

3) Who cares if Benoit killed his family? We should separate that from his wrestling ability which made millions of fans happy.

Basically, yes. Though my personal opinion is that anyone who subscribes to 2 or 3 should be shot in the head and save us all the trouble later.

The Benoit thread has been done over and over and over again.

We've had the two threads, plus the discussion in the DVD thread. It's probably the biggest wrestling story ever, I don't see what's wrong with letting people debate it to their hearts content.

I'm not counting that recent thread, since yes, that guy was retarded. It was hilarious.

It never leads to anything good. We had a topic about it that went on for nearly nine months and it eventually degenerated into a mess that consisted of three different opinions repeated ad-nauseum. Either:

You're describing most of the folder though. Let's not act like the WWE folder is a place for excellent discussion, and a thread about Benoit is tarnishing that.

The debates sparked bad feelings with posters attacking one another for their viewpoints -- and really, in these types of threads, NOBODY is going to change their opinion, regardless of the talking points from the other side.

Isn't that the Current Events folder in a nutshell?

Furthermore, some just came out with the most asinine points -- last time, it was comparing the situation to Hitler.

A guy made a stupid post, no reason to close the thread. So yeah, the Benoit threads have a steep downside and really, not much of an upside at this point. Until some kind of relevant news comes out that makes the presence of such a thread necessary, there is no reason for it.

I disagree. If people want to discuss the Benoit murders or their thoughts related to them, they should be allowed to. The mods should not be restricting discussion and telling people what they can and cannot discuss.

I'm not going to deny that a lot of what was said in the Benoit thread was dumb, but people should be allowed to argue and discuss their opinions. But at least we can discuss the merits of a guy saying Jamaican me crazy Kofi! and the fact that ringside photographers are banned.